Author Topic: How will we honor Heath's birthday?  (Read 27694 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: How will we honor Heath's birthday?
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2009, 06:08:04 am »
Today it's one of the first real spring days here at home. Brown is becoming green, people are trading pants for shorts and I woke up this morning by bird song outside of my window. It feels impossible to mourn today so I've chosen to celebrate instead. Celebrate that life is beautiful and that Heath, while he was here, was beautiful too.

I celebrated by buying a pair of "Heath sunglasses" and then I got behind the wheels of our car and drove aimlessly around, listening to music and just feeling very much alive.

Congrats mr Heath Ledger. And thank you!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2009, 08:15:44 am »

Happy Birthday Heath !!!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 09:15:49 am »
Happy birthday from an Optometrist who loved your taste in sunspecs, in fact loved everything about you and can't believe a second birthday has come around. :'(

It is a simply stunning day here, we had long needed rain yesterday and now there is a fresh look to everything. I am going to celebrate by booking my ticket to NYC to meet with some of your multitude of fans.!!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:57 am »
I have my striped socks on today! All the better to frolic in the snow with! Maybe I'll don a blanket, and do a little snow dance!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 11:04:07 am »
Buffymon and I both live in Sweden but in totally different parts.....so she celebrate with spring while I mourn with snow.... :'( ....but we went to town today, my son and I. He bought a Nintendo Wii - took him a LONG time to save enough! - and I bought 12 pair of striped socks......OK,I know I maybe overdone it a little bit but they were on sale and I needed new socks so badly...... ;D

Thank you Heath Ledger for making my life richer! Tonight one of the commercial channels on TV here will show "Two Hands" and "Candy", they too celebrate a very talented actor!! Nice  :)
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 04:32:00 pm »
Just had brunch with John Gallagher at L'Orange Bleue, a pretty cafe across the street from Heath's old apartment on Broome Street.  It's chilly and windy here, but sunny.  The food was yummy, and very affordable, too!  Afterwards, we left white tulips and daffodils on the window sill of his building, right underneath the "Aero" logo (no other tributes were there).  John took lots of pics, so stay tuned.  8)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATH!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 04:41:00 pm »
Just had brunch with John Gallagher at L'Orange Bleue, a pretty cafe across the street from Heath's old apartment on Broome Street.  It's chilly and windy here, but sunny.  The food was yummy, and very affordable, too!  Afterwards, we left white tulips and daffodils on the window sill of his building, right underneath the "Aero" logo (no other tributes were there).  John took lots of pics, so stay tuned.  8)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATH!
Thank you, Meryl and John. It feels like you left flowers from me too....maybe silly but that the way it is.....
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2009, 05:24:19 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATH!
Thanks Meryl (and John).  It sounds like a very fitting tribute.  I'm glad to hear that you left flowers.
 :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2009, 09:30:28 pm »
Thank you Meryl and John!
When you wrote John took a lot of pictures, for a nano-second I thought you meant he took pictures of Heath... very bizarre..

..my socks today..

Brokie Greeting
[..kitty turning 4 today-ish..]

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY HEATH  :-*  :'(

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuOUu6ftFwk[/youtube]
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

retropian

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2009, 10:22:40 pm »
Strangely, I've been sadder and a little tearful the past few days thinking about Heath than I've ever been. Why is that? Maybe because I can remember my own 30th. I've never been a "fan" of any particular actor, ever. Never have been caught up in any form celebrity worship, except when I was a teen I worshiped Bowie. People die prematurely and unexpectedly everyday, and I feel sad for them and their families, but it can't compare with how I feel for Heath and his family and friends. I know I'm not alone in this, but still I just don't understand why this grief is present and still fresh after all this time. It makes me feel like I'm some weirdo.

Anyway, after that confession. Today I went to a dog show! I spent most of my time there with an old acquaintance for 20 years ago who breeds and shows beautiful and sweet tempered Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I've been hemming and hawing about getting a Ridgeback since I've know her, and she has a new litter of puppies! They're 5 weeks old and I'm going to visit them in a couple of weeks. If I get one, which seems likely, I will not name it Heath! ;D I'm thinking "Fluffy" or "Cuddles".

Mom

Dad