Author Topic: HBO to show Brokeback Mountain  (Read 3670 times)

vkm91941

HBO to show Brokeback Mountain
« on: August 08, 2006, 01:14:30 am »
No confirmation on the HBO website yet but I saw the ad for the Fall Movie Sunday Night lineup last night and again tonight and HBO is advertising Brokeback Mountain in the line up.  Yee Haw... for all of us who said HBO was the one with the backbone to show this wonderful film in primetime.

I'll keep you posted if I hear any more... ;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: HBO to show Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 09:01:34 am »
Yee Haw... for all of us who said HBO was the one with the backbone to show this wonderful film in primetime.

I never had a doubt.  :)
No more beans!

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:18:06 am »
 :) no surprise there as HBO has shown that they sometimes court controversy - now if only we could get HBO to bring back
Carnevale!! >:(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:19:02 am »
I thought they'd be the first to show it! Though I bet Showtime will show it as well... unfortunately I have neither of those channels  :-\ Guess I'll just have to settle for my DVD!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 10:19:45 am »
:) no surprise there as HBO has shown that they sometimes court controversy - now if only we could get HBO to bring back
Carnevale!! >:(

I agree! I LOVE Carnivale!! I'm in the middle of the second season on DVD right now  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 12:45:59 pm »
Brokeback has turned up in some places you wouldn't expect. Last week I stopped for gas at the Casey's General Store, a convenience store that's all over the Midwest, mainly in small towns as far as I know.  This is in a little rural Missouri town, about 2,500-3,000 people in the City limits. I noticed on this visit that they now had some DVDs for rent, looked through them, and sure enough! there it was.

Come to think of it, I forgot to check to see if it was wide screen or full screen. I want to see both versions!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 01:07:26 pm »
what town was it? (I'm from Missouri...) I know what you mean though, I would not have expected to see it there either!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 10:49:53 pm »
what town was it? (I'm from Missouri...) I know what you mean though, I would not have expected to see it there either!

I'm curious too, I used to live in he NE corner of Missouri.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 11:32:18 am »
That's great news Victoria.  I don't know why anyone would think HBO would shy away from this film.  I mean they spent USD 100,000,000 to produce Angels in America.  Now that was controversial, an angel appearing to a gay man dying from AIDS to tell him that God has abandoned heaven. 

Plus the whole Roy Cohn thing and the married gay Mormon.