Author Topic: Dreaming by Cathalin  (Read 44880 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Dreaming by Cathalin
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:00:37 pm »
Hey Folks,

I thought I'd better start a thread for "Dreaming", another beautiful, well-written story by Cathalin over at LiveJournal.com.  I don't have her permission to post this here, but it is a wonderful story and it'd be great for others who have not yet heard of it, or read it to take a look.

Here is a link to Chapter 1 of the story:

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/274.html

Story Synopsis (from LJ):

What if the tragic ending of Brokeback Mountain was just a dream? Will Ennis and Jack be able to overcome their fears, their pasts, and the consequences of twenty years apart and make a life together?

Do take a look at this story by yet another brilliantly-talented author!
Please feel free to post your comments or thoughts!  :)

M.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:54:36 pm by Lucise »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:22:07 pm »
I'm following "Dreaming" for a while now and like it very much, too. Until now 14 chapters are posted (13 and 14 just last week).
In her livejounal Cathalin said, the next (and last) two chapters will be posted around end of August plus an epilogue sometime in September.

It's hard to wait such a long time from one posting of chapter/s to the next, but Dreaming is definately a story worth the wait.

Theoretical I didn't like the premise that Jack's death and the following scenes were just a dream of Ennis (this seems somehow "Dallas"-like, soap-opera like, to me). But it does not read soap-opera like from the first lines on. The story is so well-written that I was hooked from the first chapter on.
So don't let yourself be deterred from this story only by this premise. I recommend it highly.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 05:54:08 pm »
Hey Chrissi!

Great to see ya here!  :)

I don't think the Story Synopsis there does the story justice, you only need to get into it to see how well-written it is and how well the story flows.

I just printed out Chapters 13 and 14 and I can't wait to dig in, especially seeing as Chapter 12 left us in suspense!

I would love to get Cathalin to come check out Bettermost!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 06:45:01 pm »
I'm so glad you posted this.  I just now read chapter 14, after waiting weeks for it!  I was hooked from the first chapter, as it is a very well written fic with an unusual angle.  Jack and Ennis really communicate in the story, and not just sexually!  I'm eagerly awaiting the final 2 chapters and the epilogue. :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 06:56:22 pm »
Hey Littlewing ..

Great to see ya here!

I know we'll have to wait abit for the other 2 chapters and then some more for the Epilogue, but it's well worth the wait aint it?  ;)

Milli

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:06:09 pm »

I am a big big fan of Dreaming, can't wait for the next two chapters and the epilogue, although I am bummed that it is wrapping up... :'(

I agree, this is very well written, especially chapter 12!!!   ;) :D

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 07:54:47 pm »
I'm glad you posted this! I JUST found Dreaming yesterday and read it all in one night.  I absolutely loved it... very well written and, like everyone else said, the synopsis doesn't do it justice!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:08:47 pm »
Hey Jane and Mandy - cheers for stopping by!  :D

Jane, I am bummed that Dreaming will be ending too.. , all good things do come to an end afterall ..  :(

An Observation:
No offense to men, but some of the best fanfics that I have come across so far are written by women!  :D
These ladies continue to knock my socks off ~ they must have been gay men in a past life or something .. lol

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:17 pm »
Hey Jane and Mandy - cheers for stopping by!  :D

Jane, I am bummed that Dreaming will be ending too.. , all good things do come to an end afterall ..  :(

An Observation:
No offense to men, but some of the best fanfics that I have come across so far are written by women!  :D
These ladies continue to knock my socks off ~ they must have been gay men in a past life or something .. lol

You know it is interesting you mention fanfic written by women.  But most of it is written by women, right?  It is true, women seem to have as much, if not more insight into Jack and Ennis as men do.  How do they do it?  I haven't figured that one out yet.  Please help me out here! :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 10:34:33 pm »
Hey Littlewing ..

Great to see ya here!

I know we'll have to wait abit for the other 2 chapters and then some more for the Epilogue, but it's well worth the wait aint it?  ;)

Milli

It is definitely worth the wait.  I just hate to see it end!  Dreamin would make a great novel.  I would love to see a series of BBM romance novels!  My daughter says she can imagine a day when BBM romance novels will be written in the tradition of the "sequels" to Pride and prejudice, which are little more than the continuing saga of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:38:10 pm by littlewing1957 »