Author Topic: Dreaming by Cathalin  (Read 44513 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 10:41:51 pm »
It is definitely worth the wait.  I just hate to see it end!  Dreamin would make a great novel.  I would love to see a series of BBM romance novels!  My daughter says she can imagine a day when BBM romance novels will be written in the tradition of the "sequels" to Pride and prejudice, which are little more than the continuing saga of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.

While we wait for that day to come .. I continue to appreciate the work and telent of fanfic writers who are sharing their creativity with us for free!  :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 10:49:17 pm »
I love to do BBM, Jack/Jake/Ennis/Heath foto art and here is one that I think would work for "Dreaming" ..  :)

;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:50:10 pm by Lucise »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 10:55:44 pm »
Milli, I really like this fanart you did. 

I read Dreaming too.  Have been enjoying the story.  It's different from most BBM fanfictions since Ennis is the one who is taking the first step to that sweet life.  Looking forward to the new chapters and the end.  I think it's safe to say that it should be a happy ending.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »
Uh oh, I better correct myself here, I meant to say the first half of chapter 12.  So far I have read it, oh, I'd say 20 or 25 times by now!   ;)   ;D

There is one guy fanfic writer who is way way way up there, it is Belgianboy, his stuff is hot with a capital H.  I was thinking it was because he's on the same team that he does it so good!   :D

Have you guys all read Belgianboy?  If you haven't you don't know what you're missing, he writes about the FNIT, and the rest of the summer, then another story about the Reunion (12 parts!) and it is all Jack and Ennis, their thoughts, in the moment, he fleshes out those scenes for us.  It's great!  if you want the link just drop me a line...

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 11:28:02 pm »
Uh oh, I better correct myself here, I meant to say the first half of chapter 12.  So far I have read it, oh, I'd say 20 or 25 times by now!   ;)   ;D

There is one guy fanfic writer who is way way way up there, it is Belgianboy, his stuff is hot with a capital H.  I was thinking it was because he's on the same team that he does it so good!   :D

Have you guys all read Belgianboy?  If you haven't you don't know what you're missing, he writes about the FNIT, and the rest of the summer, then another story about the Reunion (12 parts!) and it is all Jack and Ennis, their thoughts, in the moment, he fleshes out those scenes for us.  It's great!  if you want the link just drop me a line...

J

Jane ~  Is he on LiveJ or Fanfic.net?
Could you post some titles to some of his stories? ;)

All i need right now is another fanfic to obsess over .. lol

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 03:39:24 am »
I don't think the Story Synopsis there does the story justice, you only need to get into it to see how well-written it is and how well the story flows.
I would love to get Cathalin to come check out Bettermost!  :)

Hi Milli,
yes, that's what I wanted to say: the synopsis does not justice to the story. I explained it long winded and you nailed it in just one sentence, lol.
Would be great to see Cathalin here on BetterMost!

And I like this foto art you posted.

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 07:32:25 am »
I love Dreaming, it's so well-written and I love the cliffhangers, this fanfiction thing is a totally new way of reading, if the chapters are being added on a weekly or sometimes even monthly basis, then it makes it all the more exciting, like a book you HAVE to put down, because you don't want to finish reading it yet...
So I guess my favorites so far are:

If I asked
Lead me to your door
Dreaming
A love born from steel
For a little while en Some silver lining

I have only read the ones that hooked me from the start with good dialogue, great storyline and lots of creativity!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 08:28:58 am »
So I guess my favorites so far are:

If I asked
Lead me to your door
Dreaming
A love born from steel
For a little while en Some silver lining

Hi Melissa (Melissa is right, isn't it?)
LOL, I've read all those you mentioned, too. And liked them all . Based on your list, I would recommend to you Human Interest and it's sequel Two Crows Joy by madlori. There's a thread about it here on the Bettermost fanfiction board.

And I have good news for you: maidenofthsea, author of For a little while and Some Silver Lining,  has started the third part of her story, called "Over The Bridge". So far there are three chapters. I'll start a new topic with links to the stories so that others can see it, too.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 09:35:38 am »
Hi Melissa (Melissa is right, isn't it?)
LOL, I've read all those you mentioned, too. And liked them all . Based on your list, I would recommend to you Human Interest and it's sequel Two Crows Joy by madlori. There's a thread about it here on the Bettermost fanfiction board.

And I have good news for you: maidenofthsea, author of For a little while and Some Silver Lining,  has started the third part of her story, called "Over The Bridge". So far there are three chapters. I'll start a new topic with links to the stories so that others can see it, too.

Yes, definitely Human Interest, I just wanted to second that... it is very well written and one of the best ones out there.  I cannot wait for the next chapter of Two Crows Joy!

I would also suggest Somebody New if you haven't already read it, there should be a link on this board to it.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 08:35:48 pm »
Uh oh, I better correct myself here, I meant to say the first half of chapter 12.  So far I have read it, oh, I'd say 20 or 25 times by now!   ;)   ;D

There is one guy fanfic writer who is way way way up there, it is Belgianboy, his stuff is hot with a capital H.  I was thinking it was because he's on the same team that he does it so good!   :D

J

I totally recommend BelgianBoy.  I believe I have read all of his fics.  he is one of my all-time favoites!  Superb!