Author Topic: Dreaming by Cathalin  (Read 44917 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2006, 10:35:18 am »
Any further glimmer of hope on this one?  ???  I feel like it's been quite a while again since the last update. :(

It has been absolutly ages. The begining of November was the last time. tbh, after a while I get fed up of looking. When it,s this long between updates I cant be bothered any more becuase I loose interest. Pity because it was a good story.

mvansand76

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2006, 11:04:54 am »
It has been absolutly ages. The begining of November was the last time. tbh, after a while I get fed up of looking. When it,s this long between updates I cant be bothered any more becuase I loose interest. Pity because it was a good story.

I know exactly what you mean, this story has completely left my mind now, and it was one of my absolute favorites only a few months ago. I love her writing, but when the updates take too long, you just lose interest, it's normal, but I already had that with the last update in November, the story just did not grip me as much as it did 'back in the days'.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2006, 01:24:37 am »
I thought I was the only one who felt this way.  If she does post an update, I'll have to read the entire story just to remember what's going on.  Too bad!  I really love this fic, but I'm about to give up on it!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
News on Dreaming
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2007, 09:57:01 am »
Yup, I had totally given up on this story.

But now it seems there will be an update within the next two weeks. Cathalin posted a heads up on LJ.

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/7171.html

I'm still a bit cautious. I'll wait until the next chapter is indeed posted, then read the last chap to get into it again.

mvansand76

Re: News on Dreaming
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2007, 11:02:16 am »
Yup, I had totally given up on this story.

But now it seems there will be an update within the next two weeks. Cathalin posted a heads up on LJ.

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/7171.html

I'm still a bit cautious. I'll wait until the next chapter is indeed posted, then read the last chap to get into it again.

I am not even sure I care anymore! It really has been too long.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2007, 12:28:15 pm »
Mornin'.

Yeah, it's been a long time. But there are many more out there who started and gave up quickly, abandoning good premises and good writing.  Cathalin didn't.  When I saw the note, I went back and took the time to read through the story.  It's really quite good, the second time around.  One of the few multi-part stories told strictly from Ennis' POV. If Cathalin does post an update/updates, I'll read it/them and encourage her to complete the story.  We have to give authors a break, since RL often doesn't. 

Thanks.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2007, 12:35:08 pm »
If Cathalin does post an update/updates, I'll read it/them and encourage her to complete the story.  We have to give authors a break, since RL often doesn't. 

Thanks.

Agreed cwby30.  :)
I'd have to re-read to get back into things but she wrote that story so well, I'd love to see another update!

~M

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2007, 01:05:09 pm »
Mornin'.

Yeah, it's been a long time. But there are many more out there who started and gave up quickly, abandoning good premises and good writing.  Cathalin didn't.  When I saw the note, I went back and took the time to read through the story.  It's really quite good, the second time around.  One of the few multi-part stories told strictly from Ennis' POV. If Cathalin does post an update/updates, I'll read it/them and encourage her to complete the story.  We have to give authors a break, since RL often doesn't. 

Thanks.

Very kind thought, cowboy. Thanks. I think it is good to remember that writing these stories really is a labor of love. I know it was for me!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2007, 03:10:02 pm »
Mornin'.

Thanks.

Agreed cwby30.  :)
I'd have to re-read to get back into things but she wrote that story so well, I'd love to see another update!

~M

Very kind thought, cowboy. Thanks. I think it is good to remember that writing these stories really is a labor of love. I know it was for me!

Leslie

Oh I agree. Dreaming is one of the best fanfics out there and I loved it from the beginning to the... uhm... almost end. LOL. What I said doesn't mean that I do not acknowledge the immense amount of work that went into it and the talent that she has, it's just being honest about the feelings I have toward the story now. I just don't feel it anymore because it is too long ago and I don't have the time to reread it, so I probably will not finish it. But maybe when it really is COMPLETELY finished and online I will print out the whole thing and take it with me on a holiday or something!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2007, 03:33:26 pm »
But maybe when it really is COMPLETELY finished and online I will print out the whole thing and take it with me on a holiday or something!

Now there is a perfect solution!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!