Author Topic: One Shot: A Weary Memory  (Read 2299 times)

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
One Shot: A Weary Memory
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:27:03 pm »
Hey, y'all, Marakeshsparrow here.

Just thought I'd post a little linkie poo to my new one shot, "A Weary Memory".  It sort of goes hand in hand with my other one shot "Nothing Ended", same feel, at least.

So here it is.  Just a warning, though--it is DEFINITELY a sad fic!

http://marakeshsparrow.livejournal.com/22324.html#cutid1

Hope you enjoy...though from what I've heard, I've mainly just managed to get people very upset...

Offline jmstwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: One Shot: A Weary Memory
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 11:22:05 am »
Just thought I'd post a little linkie poo to my new one shot, "A Weary Memory".  It sort of goes hand in hand with my other one shot "Nothing Ended", same feel, at least.

So here it is.  Just a warning, though--it is DEFINITELY a sad fic!

Wow, you were right, it is indeed a very sad piece!  It's a gripping reminder of what Ennis would be going through years after Jack passed.  Memories do indeed fade and this was a very accurate and haunting depiction of what his angst would continue to be, but also gives a faint glimmer of hope, he in his hospital bed waiting to join Jack, and also knowing the shirts are safe and will continue to be around as a concrete memory.

Thank you for this melancholy interlude, before 18 of LMtYD.  I've often thought of things that might be happening to Ennis in the years following Jack, this is one scenario magnificiently highlighting his angst. Very hard to read, through tears but necessary.

Love you're writing!!

Jim

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: One Shot: A Weary Memory
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:25:15 pm »
It's lovely. Why should people get upset by reality?

Margaret, why are you grieving
over Goldengrove unleaving?
It is the fate that man was born for
it is Margaret you mourn for
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters