Author Topic: 10 riskiest foods  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: 10 riskiest foods
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:27 pm »
The whut?

;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 06:01:04 pm »
Leafy greens -- including lettuce and spinach -- top the list of the 10 riskiest foods, according to a study from a nutrition advocacy group released Tuesday

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Dangerous-foods-list-includes-cnnm-1143667599.html?x=0
This link no longer works...could someone just post the list? I hope I survive until then!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 06:16:04 pm »
This link no longer works...could someone just post the list? I hope I survive until then!

1.   Leafy greens
2.   Eggs
3.   Tuna
4.   Oysters
5.   Potatoes
6.   Cheese
7.   Ice cream
8.   Tomatoes
9.   Sprouts
10. Berries

WASHINGTON—Leafy greens, eggs, and tuna are on the top of a list of the 10 riskiest foods regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Those and seven other foods account for nearly 40 percent of all foodborne outbreaks linked to FDA-regulated food. That's no reason to forgo the occasional salad Niçoise, says the Center for Science in the Public Interest, which authored the report, nor need one pass up tomatoes, sprouts, and berries, even though those foods are also on the list. But the nonprofit watchdog group says the presence of so many healthy foods on such a list is exactly why the United States Senate should follow the House and pass legislation that reforms our fossilized food safety laws.

The FDA is responsible for regulating produce, seafood, egg and dairy products, as well as typical packaged foods such as cookie dough and peanut butter—nearly 80 percent of the food supply. More than 1,500 separate, definable outbreaks were associated with the top 10 riskiest FDA-regulated foods, causing nearly 50,000 reported illnesses. Since most foodborne illnesses are never reported, these outbreaks are only the tip of a large, hulking iceberg.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/200910061.html

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 06:24:47 pm »
Iceberg... get it?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa   ::)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 08:09:06 pm »
Yes, it's possible. Believe it or not, there is a condition called "water intoxication." People drink so much water that it screws up the concentrations of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) in the blood, which can interfere with the function of the heart--and kill you.

Believe it or not I had water intoxication a few years ago..  I was on the slim fast diet and drank tons of water a day like a few gallons. I ate only a very small meal at dinner and that was it.  Ended up all lethargic and dizzy.   Went to the ER and they hooked me up to an IV right away and admitted me to the hospital.  There they replace the electrolytes that were so diluted in my blood with IV sodium, magnesium, and potassium.  It took a long time to recover from water intoxication, and to this day my sodium is always low. 

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:29 pm »

1.   Leafy greens
2.   Eggs
3.   Tuna
4.   Oysters
5.   Potatoes
6.   Cheese
7.   Ice cream
8.   Tomatoes
9.   Sprouts
10. Berries

Yikes! I'm doomed! I eat 7 of the items on that list!  :o

The only reason I don't eat cheese and ice cream is because I'm lactose intolerant, and I don't eat oysters because they're disgusting (imho).  :P   :(

And I drink lots of water too.  Looks like my days are numbered!  :'(   ;) 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »
Thanks, Chuck! Wow, I can't believe I haven't died already!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 01:04:58 am »
SO tell me what can I eat????? water, have anyone died from water?

Mmmmmm, better be careful!  It's rumored that the death rate for people who drink water is close to 100%.

And if that isn't shocking enough, do you know that at least 60% of all serial killers eat bread?    ;)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 02:08:49 am »
And if that isn't shocking enough, do you know that at least 60% of all serial killers eat bread?    ;)
Don ´t I know it. *takes a bite out of a bread roll*

mwohahahahah!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 03:57:13 am »
Whodathunk that this would be a funny thread!  I eat all those things.  And more!