Author Topic: Jake in Batman??  (Read 4693 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Jake in Batman??
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:58:30 pm »
 ??? just read on Jake's IMDb board that there is a rumor floating around that Jake will play Harvey Dent in the new
Batman movie "The Dark Knight" - which means both of the our guys would be together again, albeit on different sides
of the law, but who cares - just to see them share the screen again gives one hope for Hollywood yet - the rumor
also has it that Jake is being considered for Spiderman 4 after Tobey McGuire retires from the series - note: none of
this is confirmed yet, but............... :o
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Jake in Batman??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:01:07 pm »
I remember hearing this a long time ago as well... around the time we first came to Bettermost, but I haven't seen any articles or anything to prove it.  I won't lie, I would love to see Jake in the new Batman...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 07:09:37 pm »
I remember hearing this a long time ago as well... around the time we first came to Bettermost, but I haven't seen any articles or anything to prove it.  I won't lie, I would love to see Jake in the new Batman...

Ditto.  I heard this rumor long ago back when we were all on IMDb.  I thought it got dispelled?

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 07:51:40 pm »
How about Heath and Jake as Batman and Robin? 

Especially in those skin tight outfits!

Mmmm  Jake as boy wonder!    :-*

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:10:14 pm »
This thread, forgive me, reminded me of the Ambiguously Gay Duo.  Googling, I came across this:

Just posting for FYI.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 08:32:21 pm »
This whole rumor started out because Jake was one of the finalists to play Batman in "Batman Begins." He lost the role to Christian Bale who is set to do “Batman 2: The Dark Knight” (as is Heath Ledger).

As for Spiderman, Jake was going to star in “Spiderman 2” because there were some “complications” with Tobey McGuire. Alas, the “complications” were resolved … Tobey was in, Jake was out.

I don’t know about you, but I am glad Jake didn’t get those roles. That would have changed the whole trajectory of his career and it is doubtful that he would have played our precious “Jack” in BBM. I’ll take “Jack” over Bruce Wayne any day!  ;D

Although David … I concur that I would like to see both Jake and Heath in those tights! :laugh:
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 12:04:29 pm »
I don’t know about you, but I am glad Jake didn’t get those roles. That would have changed the whole trajectory of his career and it is doubtful that he would have played our precious “Jack” in BBM. I’ll take “Jack” over Bruce Wayne any day! 

I totally agreed, Diane!  Jack will probably always be my favorite role for Jake.  But it would be nice to see the two of them in other movies together.  Now since BBM is over with, I don't mind seeing him in more popular roles in big budget movies.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 12:08:08 pm »
So what ever happened to Zodiac?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 12:11:33 pm »
 :) last I read - Zodiac will be released next January with maybe a different name - seems like such a long time to wait....................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:10:10 pm »
:) last I read - Zodiac will be released next January with maybe a different name - seems like such a long time to wait....................

too long to wait if you ask me, and it puts it out of the running for the oscars (unless they do a limited early release....) :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73