Author Topic: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 17 up!  (Read 48732 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: That Little Bit of Hope, UPDATE (finally...)
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 12:16:01 am »
Ok, I know I told some that I'd be updating tonight... I'm really sorry that I haven't yet, things got crazy at work the last week or so... I hope to update by sunday, monday at the absolute latest!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 06:19:30 pm »
A few people have asked me when I will be posting the next chapter... I know it's been a while  :-\

I plan on posting either late tonight or early tomorrow evening, I'm really sorry it's taken so long, work has been insane!

Thanks again for reading and all updates and info on updates can always be found at my LJ here

http://minchout.livejournal.com/tag/that+little+bit+of+hope

:)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 11:29:40 pm »
Mandster,

U R A tease...

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 09:29:44 am »
LOL don't I know it....

blame it on Lori for posting a new chapter of Two Crows Joy... and Maiden of the Sea for Over the Bridge... and oh wait, we should probably add Helen in there for Modern Way... oops.

I'm working on it I swear!  ;D

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 07:42:02 pm »
lol, mandy...
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline littleguitar

Re: That Little Bit of Hope, UPDATE for real this time =)
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 12:46:15 am »
Chapter 5 up  ;D

Sorry about the wait!

All chapters can be found here:

http://minchout.livejournal.com/tag/that+little+bit+of+hope

mvansand76

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 12:13:43 pm »
Hi Mandy! You're getting better with every chapter! This is great! I love your style of writing and your dialogue is excellent! I feel so sorry for Jack, he seems so sad! I hope he will become more responsible towards his little boy, though! Maybe once Ennis makes up his mind?

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 02:49:11 pm »
Hi Mandy! You're getting better with every chapter! This is great! I love your style of writing and your dialogue is excellent! I feel so sorry for Jack, he seems so sad! I hope he will become more responsible towards his little boy, though! Maybe once Ennis makes up his mind?

Thanks! I'm glad you said that, because I was worried with this chapter...

re: Jack becoming more responsible towards Bobby... I think after this chapter I decided that that's one of the things I'm going to try and take on with this fic, Jack learning how to be a good father. In my mind, though Bobby practically worships Jack, Jack has most likely been absent for much of the kid's life and now he's being forced to take an interest and he's finding it both amazing and incredibly frustrating and he's realzing how little he knows. And really, he's got his own problems to contend with before he can become a good father to Bobby... just a few thoughts. This last chapter didn't go in the direction I had planned and it gave me a lot to work with  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 03:30:04 pm »

Thanks! I'm glad you said that, because I was worried with this chapter...

re: Jack becoming more responsible towards Bobby... I think after this chapter I decided that that's one of the things I'm going to try and take on with this fic, Jack learning how to be a good father. In my mind, though Bobby practically worships Jack, Jack has most likely been absent for much of the kid's life and now he's being forced to take an interest and he's finding it both amazing and incredibly frustrating and he's realzing how little he knows. And really, he's got his own problems to contend with before he can become a good father to Bobby... just a few thoughts. This last chapter didn't go in the direction I had planned and it gave me a lot to work with  :)
I'm looking forward to reading about Jack and Bobby. I enjoyed it in this last update.

About those pics Mandy, Helen posted a whole lot of pics from our trip to the US and Canada on her LJ, I think Ennis's little house is on it. I've only got a few on my LJ so far  :)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 10:05:52 pm »
I'm looking forward to reading about Jack and Bobby. I enjoyed it in this last update.

About those pics Mandy, Helen posted a whole lot of pics from our trip to the US and Canada on her LJ, I think Ennis's little house is on it. I've only got a few on my LJ so far  :)

Thanks June! I'll have to check them out...  :)