Author Topic: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 17 up!  (Read 48644 times)

mvansand76

Re: That Little Bit of Hope, Ch. 9 up!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2006, 09:52:59 am »
Nope, though I had to double check because I used to have a pic of me on there and for a minute I forgot I took it down. That's actually Jake, looking ultra feminine.

You must be kidding me! Aaargh there must be something wrong with me! I honestly did not see that, will have to check again..... :o

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2006, 10:12:29 pm »
LOL, here's a larger view...(I think this is the one you were talking about...)

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2006, 04:52:02 am »
Ultra feminine indeed, but beautiful.......his lips are to die for.....*sigh*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2006, 09:02:53 am »
Oh I know! That's one of my favorite pics of him... his lips... I don't even have words  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2006, 06:06:20 pm »
Oh I know! That's one of my favorite pics of him... his lips... I don't even have words  ::)

Thanks for posting! I love how he looks in the production stills for Zodiac, he looks so 'guy next door' cute in those, but I do also like his looks in the pictures on the Shades thread...  :)

I loved this chapter, very unexpected tenderness from Ennis, and again your dialogue was very good. I loved this:

Ennis pulled away slowly, his eyes still closed. “How much you drink?”

Jack sighed. It turned to a hiccup in his throat and he smiled wide, giggling. “A lot. A whole fuckin’ lot.”

Ennis’ face turned hard again and he opened his eyes. “Can see that, Jack.”

The dialogue is very natural and I hope you will follow up on that promise about John F*****' Twist! I also hope that Jack finds a way to stand up for not only his son, but also for himself, and not back down when his father beats down on him. That son of a *****. Ooops... sorry, getting carried away....  ;)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2006, 11:05:16 pm »
Thanks for posting! I love how he looks in the production stills for Zodiac, he looks so 'guy next door' cute in those, but I do also like his looks in the pictures on the Shades thread...  :)

I loved this chapter, very unexpected tenderness from Ennis, and again your dialogue was very good. I loved this:

Ennis pulled away slowly, his eyes still closed. “How much you drink?”

Jack sighed. It turned to a hiccup in his throat and he smiled wide, giggling. “A lot. A whole fuckin’ lot.”

Ennis’ face turned hard again and he opened his eyes. “Can see that, Jack.”

The dialogue is very natural and I hope you will follow up on that promise about John F*****' Twist! I also hope that Jack finds a way to stand up for not only his son, but also for himself, and not back down when his father beats down on him. That son of a *****. Ooops... sorry, getting carried away....  ;)

Oh I know, I love how he looks in the zodiac stills... I wish they would put out more but I guess it just makes me even more excited to see the movie that I've seen almost nothing from it...

And thanks for the comments on my story! I'm glad you like the dialogue and that it seems natural. It's one of the things I concentrate on the most and one of the things that bothers me the most when i'm reading other stories. And that moment you pulled out was actually one of my favorites from this chapter!

More with old man twist on the way.... hopefully with Ennis by his side, Jack will find a little more courage and that asshole will get what's coming to him  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 05:36:14 am »
And thanks for the comments on my story! I'm glad you like the dialogue and that it seems natural. It's one of the things I concentrate on the most and one of the things that bothers me the most when i'm reading other stories. And that moment you pulled out was actually one of my favorites from this chapter!

More with old man twist on the way.... hopefully with Ennis by his side, Jack will find a little more courage and that asshole will get what's coming to him  ;)

When the dialogue and the non-verbal communication that comes with that are good and creatively written, then the story does really come to life, that is what I was always being taught in university during creative writing and screenwriting classes and it's what I always concentrate on too when I write short stories.  :) In this case, I could really see that happening right in front of my eyes: Jack sighed. It turned to a hiccup in his throat and he smiled wide, giggling. “A lot. A whole fuckin’ lot.” It's sad and hilarious at the same time, well done!

And yes, I was thinking that having Ennis by his side will give Jack more courage to finally stand up to his father (but he's not going to let Ennis do it for him I think...) and give him one hell of a verbal beating. Wow, tough dialogue on the way for you to write! :-) Bet you will do fine, though!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2006, 08:31:01 pm »
Ok, I know I said tonight for the post, but it's looking more like tomorrow afternoon (around 4 or so CST)... I could post what I have now as a short interlude because it's kind of complete in and of itself, but it's only 3 typed pages and I prefer to just go ahead and write the full chapter.

Just to let everyone know... told you I was no good with deadlines  ;)

June it's all for you  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2006, 04:24:09 pm »
Ok, I know I said tonight for the post, but it's looking more like tomorrow afternoon (around 4 or so CST)... I could post what I have now as a short interlude because it's kind of complete in and of itself, but it's only 3 typed pages and I prefer to just go ahead and write the full chapter.

Just to let everyone know... told you I was no good with deadlines  ;)

June it's all for you  ;D

::)

I'm half dead now.

Thanks Mandy!   ;D

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2006, 09:18:01 am »
Where is it? Where is it?????

:o