Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 7336 times)

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
Halloween
« on: October 26, 2009, 08:15:30 am »
I like ta dress up and give out the candy.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:05:12 am »
I live in a high-rise so I don't have to deal with trick-or-treaters.

But for this year, I already have a reservation to have dinner at my favorite bar/restaurant. I will dress in some of my Renaissance faire/reenactment garb, and I have to remember one evening this week to watch my video copy of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  ;D

It's not Halloween at my house without The Great Pumpkin.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:13 am »
I live in a high-rise so I don't have to deal with trick-or-treaters.

But for this year, I already have a reservation to have dinner at my favorite bar/restaurant. I will dress in some of my Renaissance faire/reenactment garb, and I have to remember one evening this week to watch my video copy of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  ;D

It's not Halloween at my house without The Great Pumpkin.  ;D

That sounds festive! (withour all the work) :)

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 11:30:47 am »

I live in an apartment building too, so I don't usually get trick-or-treaters either.  But, I will probably buy myself a small amount of Halloween candy just for a treat.  And, I'll stay in.  Usually I watch seasonal and/or scary movies, but this year I'll be watching bull riding season finals (I'm such a dork, but I'm excited)!
 ;D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:15:14 pm »
That sounds festive! (withour all the work) :)

TampaTalon^">

And for a treat I might even spring for the 18-year-old scotch instead of the 12-year-old.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »

I live in an apartment building too, so I don't usually get trick-or-treaters either.  But, I will probably buy myself a small amount of Halloween candy just for a treat.  And, I'll stay in.  Usually I watch seasonal and/or scary movies, but this year I'll be watching bull riding season finals (I'm such a dork, but I'm excited)!
 ;D

At the beginning of October I bought a lot of candy on sale.........welll its almost the end
of the month and I had to buy the candy AGAIN....LOL

TampaTalon^"?

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 01:20:24 pm »
This Halloween I have a gig with the band I'm in.  It's at this pub on the ground floor of the downtown Sheraton, a nice place.  

We play Celtic rock and Pirate shanties, so I figure I should dress like a pirate, which has turned out to be harder than it sounds.  I thought I could pull together a costume from the stuff I have at home, but my first try just looked kinda "gypsy" and the second makes me look like a waitress at Red Lobster.

Back to the drawing board I guess.  Can't believe how preoccupied I am with this!   ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 01:30:18 pm »
This Halloween I have a gig with the band I'm in.  It's at this pub on the ground floor of the downtown Sheraton, a nice place.  

We play Celtic rock and Pirate shanties, so I figure I should dress like a pirate, which has turned out to be harder than it sounds.  I thought I could pull together a costume from the stuff I have at home, but my first try just looked kinda "gypsy" and the second makes me look like a waitress at Red Lobster.

Back to the drawing board I guess.  Can't believe how preoccupied I am with this!   ::)

There must be about a bazillion web sites selling pirate--or, at least, piratical--garb. Just look under "Costumes" on eBay. That might garner some useful ideas, if you're having trouble getting "the look."  :)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 04:01:16 pm »
I have always dressed up for Halloween, and usually attend a party of some sort.

I also go trick-or-treating with my friends' kids.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 04:06:17 pm »
Usually dress up, go to a club, parade and/or private party.

Then late, hold a private ritual for my beloved Dead.