Author Topic: BBM mentioned in sitcoms/TV-series  (Read 5245 times)

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: BBM mentioned in sitcoms/TV-series
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:44:49 am »
On Wed night's CSI:NY, the team was investigating the murder of a drag queen/gender transitional, and a suspect was being questioned.  The NY detective, played by Eddie Cahill, after several stern accustions as to why this perp killed the drag queen, got down in the perps ear and said "Have you ever seen "Brokeback Mountain?"  This is not the first time this show has referenced the movie, and I suspect it won't be the last, but at least it is done nicely...Doug

Offline angry little lawyer

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 12:55:21 am »
It was referenced in the Batman/Superman Annual. Bruce Wayne (Bats) and Clark Kent (Supes) at this point don't know each other's identities. They are on a cruise line and due to an error in the computer system, they are forced to spend the night in the same room, on the same bed (!). A villain attacks the cruiseship (an alternate version of Deathstroke aka Slade if anyone cares) and wacky hijinks ensue.  Anywayz here is the delightful exchange that happens.

BOOM (Explosion rocks the boat)
Bruce (thinking): Fifty lifeboats. Eleven decks. Bring the BatSub to surface and--
Clark (thinking): Can the hull withstand it if I lift the ship, or should I tow it--
Bruce: Shouldn't you...grab pencil or something? Go report?
Clark: Yeah...um, Lois has my pencils. And I feel seasick. Maybe you--?

Bruce: ....I have no time for this. Goodnight, Kent.

Bruce shoots a tranquilizer dart at Clark but since Clark is Superman of course, the dart merely bounces off of his neck.

Bruce (realizing Clark is Superman): The chin.
Clark: I always vibrate a little when people take my picture. Messes with the details.
Bruce: Son of a--

When suddenly

Alternate Deathstroke: Howdy, sailors! Hate to interrupt this production of Brokeback Titanic, but Bruce Wayne! It's time to play "I'm saving your capitalist pig life" starring everyone's hero (gets shot) ...Glurk.

Clark: Your vacations always like this?
Bruce: Pretty much.

:laugh: so yeah. BBM references in comics. I think there's rumor of a Brokeback Mutant ref in X-Men but not sure
 ;D
If I take that aspirin....then I took it
-The Wisdom of 12 oz. Mouse

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Figure skating is not figure jumping! - Ilia Kulik
    • Balletic Tzar
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 08:18:07 pm »
I was watching Planet's Funniest Animals a few days ago and saw these 3 cats playing on top of a cowboy hat.

"They just can't quit each other!" was a quote used to describe the scene. The image was funny enough but that line was great too!
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in fields of gold...