Author Topic: My thread is gone...  (Read 5024 times)

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
My thread is gone...
« on: April 02, 2006, 12:30:58 pm »
The "Two themes about Jack" (you might not remember it, I opened it in January) has been deleted. Someone posted a reply to it, and when I wanted to read it, poof! the thread was gone  :(

Of all the threads opened by me on the BBM and CT boards it was the only one left, and the one I cared about the most. There were so many meaningful replies on it. Damned trolls.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: My thread is gone...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 12:53:27 pm »
You may want to put out a message on CT and here with the title "did anyone save 'Two Themes about Jack"? and see if someone saved it for you. A lot of us have been doing that this week.

Anyone who wants certain of their threads saved should go and try to see if they are there still now. The trolls have been probably working from the back end of the board up to now to clear it. They might have gotten tired of it but they might just be taking a break.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline houstonangel88

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 12:54:13 pm »
Well, someone could have saved it somewhere or in a Word document.  Don't give up the hope. :-*

I am still working on saving  my favorite threads.... I wish I have started it sooner.   Those threads are big....

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 01:19:22 pm »
Hi Moni,
I have your wonderful thread saved  (only up to the 31st though) as html and word, and just put it back up on PT/IMDB. If anyone knows a more efficient way of reposting (had to do multiple parts due to length), please let me know.
Your thread, along with many others, is also archived by Andrew at http://www.geocities.com/bbmarchive/
Lynn
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:26:33 pm by fernly »
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 02:16:50 pm »
Hi Moni,
I have your wonderful thread saved  (only up to the 31st though) as html and word, and just put it back up on PT/IMDB. If anyone knows a more efficient way of reposting (had to do multiple parts due to length), please let me know.
Your thread, along with many others, is also archived by Andrew at http://www.geocities.com/bbmarchive/
Lynn

:) Oh, thank you for saving that thread! I had no idea about the CT and TOB archiving place. What a wonderful thing to do. I have a few threads saved on my computer, but I started saving them too late, and I don't know why I was such a klutz to not save that one.

"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 02:25:05 pm »
Jenny (newyearsday) got the ball rolling on saving threads (she did 100s of them I think) and organized others of us to help, and Andrew set up the great archive. They're the ones really due the thanks. I was just following directions (computer novice here) and feeling lucky to see so many great threads.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 02:27:31 pm by fernly »
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 03:49:00 pm »
Also my thread "In praise of Anne Hathaway" melted away like snow in the sun. It survived a bit more than 24 hours before being dissolved by a troll... Too bad
They were two friends of mine

vkm91941

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 04:23:01 pm »
Yep, if you want to save ANYTHING..please do so...because the ATTACK goes on TROLLZ are still deleteing... we're down to 8,000 posts on PT and 46,000 on the BBM board
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 06:33:41 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 06:21:49 pm »
WOW, I knew Andrew and Jenny (and others) were working on an archive, but I didn't know it was done or that it would be that good! Good work!

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 02:57:57 am »
Here is my archive of threads.
http://nipith.com/bbm_threads/

here is monimm's amazing and insightful thread.
http://nipith.com/bbm_threads/2ThemesAboutJack.html
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 03:34:41 am »
You guys rock so hardcore for making that archive!  Thank you so much!

And Andrew, I forgot to say on the photo thread, you've got some striking blue eyes.  ;)

vkm91941

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 04:33:19 am »
Kudos to Jenny and her troops for doing such a yoeman job in saving our history.  Those threads are just words and thought but they mean the world to us.  Thank You all so very much, you guys are just the absolute best! ;D :-* ;)

Offline littledarlin

• darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 09:08:28 am »
d'oh!  i was going to do an unveiling, but that's alright.  i'm nowhere near finished.  what's on the site now is about 1/3 of what we want to put up.  i spent all last night tweaking, and i ran out of space, but hopefully it will be ready by the end of this week.

the only thing i ask is that no one post the link to imdb.  and credit for it goes to jenny, ann marie, lynn, celeste, jude, kelda, and joyce!  we all worked dilligently to save threads, and there are many more yet to be posted.

i'll make a complete post later when i have more done with all the details. 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline joyce023

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 12:51:28 pm »
Hi Moni,
Lynn

The archive is so valuable...very much appreciated!

Hmm Moni, I also saved most of the IMDB threads as webpages by the end of March. Of course including your "Two themes about Jack 's character". Feel free to let me know if you want it.

Joyce
~ Wherever, whatever, have a nice day. ~

Offline littledarlin

• darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 11:47:24 pm »
The archive is so valuable...very much appreciated!

Hmm Moni, I also saved most of the IMDB threads as webpages by the end of March. Of course including your "Two themes about Jack 's character". Feel free to let me know if you want it.

Joyce

hi joyce!  it's so good to see you on here!  your "remarkable threads" post was really the platform we used for starting the archive and organizing it, so a big thanks goes to you. 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.