Author Topic: Experiencing difficulties with this site? (Debug!!!!! WTF?!)  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Experiencing difficulties with this site? (Debug!!!!! WTF?!)
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:42:44 am »
Hello all.  Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with this site?  Every time I log into BetterMost, I am lucky if I am able to open two threads before a pop-up appears telling me that a fatal error has occured and asks me to "Debug" and my internet is closed down...EVERY TIME!!!!!! I don't think it means me personally, but my internet connection!  To post takes me 3 or 4 attemptes.  No other site that I visit does this happen.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Anyone at all?!

Mod Note: Ray, I changed the title of the thread so that users could have an opportunity to add their difficulties.  Clarissa

Mod Note Update: Apparently someone thought that I was censoring the phrase "WTF."  So I have put the original thread title back, and left my clarifying additional title as well.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:23:11 am by Ellemeno »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Debug!!!!! WTF?!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:53:58 am »
I am getting slow performance at my site but no debug messages as yet, Ray.  You might want to drop a message in the User section for one of those techy guys to pick it up and reply.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 05:08:46 am »
I was having trouble Saturday afternoon getting onto BetterMost, but that cleared up eventually.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:50:32 am »
I think the system was frankly DOWN Saturday night.  I haven't experienced any problems today so far.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:19:18 am »
 :-\ I had some trouble logging on Saturday afternoon also - the site was really slow and I got tired of waiting so I got off the computer for a while - when I came back later that evening, all seemed ok and has been since - I thought it was strange, but I got no error messages of any kind................... :)
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 09:15:00 am »
I couldn't get on the board for a couple of hours on Sunday. It cleared up in the late afternoon, though.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 09:43:12 am »
I will pass this on to Phillip, so that he is aware of it.  Clarissa

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Re: Experiencing difficulties with this site? (Debug!!!!! WTF?!)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 03:14:40 pm »
Like others, I couldn't get on for a while Sunday. Eventually I could. No other problems.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Re: Experiencing difficulties with this site? (Debug!!!!! WTF?!)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 04:41:06 pm »
Same issue - Sat (or was it Sunday?)  Anyway, I saw a message about people retaining too many PM's & everyone needs to clear out their box (or boxes, in & out). 
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 07:59:50 pm »
My system completely freezes up if I'm on the site too long and crashes.  I have to completely restart.

Don't know what the problem is.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 08:43:53 pm »
8:26 p.m. EST tonight was my first experience with a problem. I have been on for a while and have been sending some pm's and all was fine. I just tried 3 times to message someone from one of the threads and I got the "error has occured" message each time and was closed out of the forum. I just successfully emailed from the user's list and did not experience any trouble coming to this thread.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:45:41 pm »
8:40 - As soon as I clicked on "post" for my last message, I was shut out again. My post apparently made it through and I was able to come back on again.

vkm91941

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 10:00:23 pm »
The system was definitely down for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon.  I've notice that it is slow to load these days.  Also saw Phi'sl banner about cleaning out PM's so archieved mine to Word and cleared it out.  If everyone would do that I'm sure it would help the speed thing.  Not sure about the rest.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 01:42:45 pm »

Yesterday and today I deleted more than 600 pms from my inbox. Lol. Hope that helps!  ;D
It felt a bit like burning books, though...  :'(

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 05:06:04 pm »
Hmmm... I am not sure what was going on over the weekend.  On Saturday I was dealing with a broken washer and Sunday we were on a boat tour for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.

A slow response or error messages like "database errors" and MYSQL errors are caused by our hosting company having problems.  A debug warning usually means a Java error or something like that.  That is usually caused by someone using an outdated version of Java.

A browser crash is the result of a problem on an individual user's computer.  Nothing on this site should cause a browser to crash.  I would start with clearing out your Internet browser cache.

If there is a specific page that always causes a problem, note the URL and report it to me.

As far as speed issues go, I'll have to investigate that further.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming