Author Topic: Troll Appreciation Thread (I'm not kidding)  (Read 7576 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Troll Appreciation Thread (I'm not kidding)
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 07:02:06 pm »
What everyone has said rings very true. I have been feeling rather grateful to them too. now we know that many of our threads, b/c we saved the best, are never going to be gone forever! we have them saved and can re post them here or there.

Sometimes I miss the simplicity of the IMDb board, the familiarity of it, the fonts being bigger, etc, but I think I will get used to this intime, and I already love some features (like knowing who is online looking at the same thread, and if someone's posted while I've been replying).

And I do hope that they grow up to be happier and more productive people than they are now. I really do. I pray for the right people to come their way and the right lessons to teach them how to be better people than they are currently acting like. They will get tired of it all, I hope.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 10:12:37 pm »
Just resurrecting this to post the below image.  Tooooooo funny and pretty sad too.

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 10:20:47 pm »
Are there any good and loyal posters over on the old big board who should be rescued before too long?  Are people like Casey and Joyce on bettermost?  I'm showing my newbie-ness here.  But, I was wondering if there are people who should be thrown a life-raft.

cheers
Amanda
 :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 10:27:58 pm »
Casey has joined but doesn't post much here.  Don't know about Joyce...anyone else know?
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 10:29:21 pm »
I have already extended my troll appreciation on the other troll eyewitness thread.  Guess I have to say thank you again here.

I thank Foxinator for stalking me, impersonating me, and attacking me on IMDb.  Without him, it will be hard to gain people's trust and finally reconnect with Chez Tremblay.  That's how a series of unfortunate events ended nicely. :)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 10:45:37 pm »
There are currently 56 threads (under 350 posts) on the PT board at IMDb.  R.I.P.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 10:51:16 pm »

God bless all of you for these sentiments. I echo them all.   :laugh:  Poor trolls.  I think of the wonderful bonds forged here and the sense of community many of us feel being part of a terrific group.  If those miserable little scarred-hearts had ANY idea of the part they played in it.... hmm.. can't help but feel they'd hang up their keyboards and venture out for some sunshine..

Then again, that may be blatant wishful thinking on my part.. lol
Chut up!

vkm91941

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 12:20:28 am »
Today
I am thanking heaven :angel: 

For Foxinator, #8 in his current incarnation,  >:( for having my account cleared.  He doesn't realize his good deed  ;) But he did me a great favor in that he allowed me to hang up my troll-slaying gear and pass the sword onto a new generation who will draw their own line in the sand and say no more when the time is right for them. 

Now I can get a new IMDb account and can go my merry way in anonimity and blessed peace once more.  And I have this lovely place and all my friends here to chat with about my obession, uhm I mean hobby  ;) of Brokeback Mountain and all things Heath and Jake.   :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:34:17 am by vkm91941 »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 11:44:43 pm »
I contacted Joyce.  She said she just recently registered here.... I've not seen her post yet.  I felt like the author of the Summary/REMARKABLE thread just had to be part of this board.

I keep feeling like the old board is a sinking ship and we need to rescue friends... but in reality a lot of the good threads are still there.  It's so cute to see newbies ask the same old questions and discover the same little things that have been circulating in the classic threads for months. 
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 01:50:54 am »
I contacted Joyce.  She said she just recently registered here.... I've not seen her post yet.  I felt like the author of the Summary/REMARKABLE thread just had to be part of this board.

I keep feeling like the old board is a sinking ship and we need to rescue friends... but in reality a lot of the good threads are still there.  It's so cute to see newbies ask the same old questions and discover the same little things that have been circulating in the classic threads for months. 

You are right, Amanda! There are still a lot of good discussions going on on the IMDB-board, and a lot of very decent people are still there. I don't know much about the inviting-over-rituals of BetterMost, but I just thought of a couple of users that I think should be told about this place:

artsybaebe
atackkel
RukiaCromwell
nedrazeall
terryhall2
catglith
mars nr1
ddmaul
MattGuyOR
wontingwitch

Of course, it's possible that some of them are here already and go by different user names. I don't know.
Has anybody invited them already?

:)