Author Topic: VOTE today on yahoo for the best kiss in screen history  (Read 2515 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
VOTE today on yahoo for the best kiss in screen history
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:43:39 am »
Calling all brokeback activists who want to do their good deed of the day: To commemorate the anniversary of the end of WWII, and the famous "kiss" photograph that was taken in NY that day of the sailor smooching his girl, Yahoo is asking people to vote on the most memorable kiss in screen history. I think we all know which one that is  ;) :) :D

Someone named J.P. has alread mentioned it, and you can't submit new answers, but let's go support his/her vote with a ton of thumbs ups! As it currently stands, there are 2 thumbs up and 3 thumbs down in response to this answer (including my "up" vote). You can click on the thumbs up option and then it will ask you to sign in if you have a user account there. J.P. needs our help!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20060812072947AAHYxBp

So get to work Brokies!! And have fun out there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 09:45:46 am by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: VOTE today on yahoo for the best kiss in screen history
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:03:59 am »
I gladly added my "thumbs up" to that one.

It's not registering yet, but soon, very soon.  And every day for the rest of my life.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:29:24 am »
I tried to vote but nothing happened, then I noticed that at the top it said "closed to new answers."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:02 am »
Damn it wont let me add my thumbs up!  :( 
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 12:06:47 pm »
Huh, that's too bad...I just clicked on it and then signed in (cause I am on Yahoo for email) and it showed up. I think that when it says closed to new answers, it doesn't mean you can't add just a thumbs up. That's not the same as submitting an answer.

Maybe try again?
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 01:22:39 pm »
I can't do it either... it says ratings available once you reach level 2  ??? Not sure what that means...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 02:42:17 am »
I can't do it either... it says ratings available once you reach level 2  ??? Not sure what that means...

Me too.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 04:51:03 pm »
That sucks.  It doesn't make sence that I can't vote.