Author Topic: Favourite food  (Read 9620 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Favourite food
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 04:14:56 pm »
My favourite food is pasta. And from the various pasta dishes, my fav is the ordinary Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce.

That works for me, too.  I make a dish that would satisfy all you chicken *and* pasta lovers - chicken cacciatore.  My Italian stepmother showed me how to make it, and it's to die for.  It's a fun dish to make when you're having friends over for dinner, because you can stand around in the kitchen and chit-chat and sip wine while you're cutting up the onion, green pepper, and garlic cloves.  It's fairly easy, too.  You just get a large can of your favorite tomato sauce (not the jar, pre-made kind - just plain tomato sauce), a large can of diced tomatoes, a yellow onion, a couple cloves of garlic, a green pepper, and a whole chicken separated.  You cut up and saute the onion, garlic and green pepper in butter and throw those in the sauce, then you brown the chicken on all sides and throw that in the sauce along with about a teaspoon of salt and a pinch or two of oregano, and simmer for about an hour to an hour and a half.  It smells heavenly while it's cooking and tastes even better.  Then you serve that with angel hair or vermicelli, some nice whole green beans and/or salad, and some warm Italian bread.  Yummy!
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 06:12:25 pm »
Yummy!

Fave Salad:   Grilled Chicken Caesar salad..

Fave Meal (at the moment)  My own Beef veggie pasta stir-fry (extra spicy)  (This pic is close enough)

Fave Dessert:  Berry Cheesecake (yum)

Fave Drink:   Margaritas..(particularly strawberry banana.. )..And red wine, of course ..  ;)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 07:14:42 pm »
Fave Drink:   Margaritas..(particularly strawberry banana.. )..And red wine, of course ..  ;)

Here's mine:

I like a good martini, one or two at most.
After three, I'm under the table.
After four, I'm under my host.

- Dorothy Parker
No more beans!

injest

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 07:25:01 pm »
Oh. I was suppose to tell you all my favorite food.

Chocolate. It's chocolate.  :D

can I change my answer?!! LOL!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 04:45:46 am »
That works for me, too.  I make a dish that would satisfy all you chicken *and* pasta lovers - chicken cacciatore. 

Big shock for many people here: I hate chicken  :o.
But apart from the chicken your receipt sounds indeed yummy. And because my family loves chicken, maybe I will try it one day. I could sort the chicken parts out from my plate.

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 04:38:32 am »
I have never been a mushroom fan either, I only like them in a dish with spinach, chicken and blue cheese!

My favorite foods:

Bread and brie
Indonesian Nasi and Sate - made by my mum
Indonesian Baked Banana
My own Home-made salads with brie, strawberries, apple, ruccola, nuts, Dutch cheese and honey-mustard dressing

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 02:17:25 pm »
baguette, brie and tomato

that about covers it

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 08:33:56 pm »
I have never been a mushroom fan either, I only like them in a dish with spinach, chicken and blue cheese!

My favorite foods:

Bread and brie
Indonesian Nasi and Sate - made by my mum
Indonesian Baked Banana
My own Home-made salads with brie, strawberries, apple, ruccola, nuts, Dutch cheese and honey-mustard dressing

Indonesian food is popular in Holland. I remember seeing Indonesian food everywhere when I was there.

What kind of Dutch cheese do you put in your salad Melissa? Gouda, Edam, Friese nagelkaas, Komijnekaas?

Eet smakelijk!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 08:20:30 am »
I loooooove Maaslander and Graskaas...

And yes, you're right about the Indonesian food! :D