Author Topic: Extra, extra read all about it....  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Extra, extra read all about it....
« on: August 25, 2006, 02:06:16 pm »
...Yep you heard it hear folks there is a POSSIBILITY that a certain Mr Ledger is coming to my neck of the woods...And no I don't mean Heath's dad.

I was woken up this morning by my mum throwing the local newspaper at my head and shouting "get up and read this!" So once I had finished wiping the newspaper print from my forehead(thanks mum) I unfolded the paper and started to read.
The picture on the front was of one of the sheds at Cardington hangars(these giant sheds that used to keep airships in in the 1930s and are in a village near my town, in fact on a clear day you can see them from the top of the hill near my house) which a couple of years ago was used for the shooting  of Batman Begins. So the first thought that came into my head was, of course, "Why do I care?" But I read on past the bit explaining about how they are up for sale etc... until I came to the bit that interested me:

More recently the shed was converted into a studio by Hollywood giant Warner Brothers, which leased it for the filming of Batman Begins in 2004.
The Gotham City set was built inside, bought to life by dozens of local people who landed parts as extras
The Times and Citizen(my local paper) understands Warner Brothers has renewed it's lease on the shed for a further 12 months, and could now be in residence until December next year.
Inriguingly, signs of activity at the shed have increased in recent days. And glimpses of cables and lighting moving throught the massive opened doors, have prompted speculation that hte hangar is being freshly rigged for another films shoot.
Top of the rumours list is the sequel to Batman Begins, the title of which was unveiled by Warner Brothers last month as "The Dark Knight".
Reports suggest filming is due to begin early next year, with Christian Bale once more squeezing into the rubber suit as Batman, and heartthrob Heath Ledger set to grin and Bear it as The Joker.

Which I reacted too with a puzzled face and a "yeah right!" And the fact that "someone is filming near by" is the front page of my local paper just lets you know how sad my town is. Sure it would be amazing if Heath were to come and film here, hey maybe I could get a part as an extra  :laugh:, but I severly doubt it.

Anyway I just thought I would let you guys know...especially all of you Heathens, just don't book your plane tickets yet, OK?.

Also this is completely off topic, but I found a HAPPY BBM montage over at IMDb! It's quite good and it is an up beat one for once! It made me smile for once instead of crying! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzvdbLm-z2Y&NR
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Extra, extra read all about it....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 02:35:16 pm »
Also this is completely off topic, but I found a HAPPY BBM montage over at IMDb! It's quite good and it is an up beat one for once! It made me smile for once instead of crying! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzvdbLm-z2Y&NR

Yeah, this vid is lovely. Made me indeed smile instead of crying, love it.
I've already emailed it to my friend.
Thanks for sharing  :-*

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 01:13:16 pm »
That's exciting news Becky!  I hope they do film scenes there for the new movie.  Heck, even if Heath doesn't make it over there for any scenes, you still have Christian Bale (drool) to look forward to.  My sister's friend one time ran over to a distant ranch near her mother's home where Kevin Costner was making a film and got to stand around, take pictures and stare at him in between takes during the outdoor scenes.

Ya never know who might be around.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 11:39:37 am »
Great news, Becky!  Start polishing your 'extra' skills!  8)

Very nice video, too.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:20:46 pm »
Hey Becky, we will all be  pea green with ENVY if you can snag a role as an extra  even if Heath isn't in the scene with you lol... ;)