Author Topic: Best example of Jake and Heath's great chemistry  (Read 13469 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Best example of Jake and Heath's great chemistry
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 10:50:46 am »
{{Mel}}

Actually, looking at the options in this poll, I think I would change my earlier response.  Now, I think I'd pick "Damn. Four years."  After watching BBM recently, following Heath's death, the intimacy of the motel scene strikes me as more powerful than I think I'd perceived it in the past.  My original answer was "Friend, that's more words than you've spoke in the past two weeks" (which of course I still think is a great illustration of chemistry).

It's very interesting to me to see how our reactions and interpretations keep evolving over these last two years.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 11:30:42 am »
My best scene is not in the poll; it's when they're speaking about their respective "loving life".Jack tells Ennis he has an affair and jokes about the possibility Lureen or "the husband" shoot him if they discover.The look Ennis gives him while he says "you'd deserve it",speaks volumes about his feelings.Specially for a man of too few words and no "I love yous".
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 07:42:21 pm »
Heaven...

and much more...

with such enduring hugs too!!

Hugs to all too and to our brave amiable actors and actresses!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 12:03:07 am »
They had so much chemistry I have no idea where to even BEGIN!

I liked their first discussion in the bar: Ennis discussing his family, Jack's obvious empathy, and obvious awkwardness.

Water Walkin Jesus: if that isn't chemistry, nothing is!

The scene where Ennis never shuts up, where he says more then he had in two weeks.

The scene where Jack yells, 'You're late' as he puts corn into the pot....

The scene where ...hell, why go on?? there is chemistry everywhere in the film!

They had it between themselves as ACTORS,  and also as MEN . That lovely story about Jake on the set of Zodiac has always moved me a great deal. Some of the techies were showing each other photos of 'their sweethearts'. Jake joined in and asked, 'Do you guys want to see a picture of MY sweetheart???'

They said of course, sure, let's see....

He showed them a picture of himself and Heath Ledger.

That's chemistry. That's friendship.

It is everywhere in the film, and it was between them in real life.

You can't fake this; no matter how good an actor you are, chemistry either exists or it doesn't.

And it makes the last few weeks even harder.....
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 07:24:59 am »
They had so much chemistry I have no idea where to even BEGIN!

I liked their first discussion in the bar: Ennis discussing his family, Jack's obvious empathy, and obvious awkwardness.

Water Walkin Jesus: if that isn't chemistry, nothing is!

The scene where Ennis never shuts up, where he says more then he had in two weeks.

The scene where Jack yells, 'You're late' as he puts corn into the pot....

The scene where ...hell, why go on?? there is chemistry everywhere in the film!

They had it between themselves as ACTORS,  and also as MEN . That lovely story about Jake on the set of Zodiac has always moved me a great deal. Some of the techies were showing each other photos of 'their sweethearts'. Jake joined in and asked, 'Do you guys want to see a picture of MY sweetheart???'

They said of course, sure, let's see....

He showed them a picture of himself and Heath Ledger.

That's chemistry. That's friendship.

It is everywhere in the film, and it was between them in real life.

You can't fake this; no matter how good an actor you are, chemistry either exists or it doesn't.

And it makes the last few weeks even harder.....

You're right in everything you say,Brokebackjack,and mainly in this:You can't fake this; no matter how good an actor you are, chemistry either exists or it doesn't.And their chemistry as an actors were undeniable,but even more as a persons. I really think there was something very special between them that surpassed the screen and their good acting on it;a friend told me that he had read a reporting in which they speak about their relationship,saying that when they're between family or commun friends,even before Michelle herself,they didn't stop to show mutual affection,with caresses,hugs,continuous jokes...And that they did it without being concerned about what could think the others;but,obviously,between close people,in order not to giving reasons to paparazzi and vultures in general... :)  That when they went to a Jake's parents property,they used to go alone for excursion,walking during hours in the forest or taking a bath in the river-more Brokeback,impossible...-And that when Heath and Michelle decided to split,one of the first persons who knew it was Jake,who tried to convince them not to do it.
With all this,I'm not speaking for a morbid sensation or for gossip-if you know me personally,you'd know I'm not the gossip kind at all...-; and neither I'm suggesting that there was sex between them,no way.But there surely was a strong love relationship,let's say brotherly love or a loved based in an emotional attraction,but there was love...Could there be anything more tender,sweeter and nicer?I see them as two "little" Ennis and Jack,in their mountain when they were to the forest or in their private Brokeback every time they saw each other,even among a lot of other persons.I feel now a great regret for this beautiful truncated friendship,a bond that only death has broken.Life can be very cruel sometimes.

P.S.=I hope all this has made sense,since English is really my fourth language and I have some difficulties in explaining myself.Sometimes I don't understand what you're saying and sometimes I don't understand what I'm writing myself... ??? But,please,if it can offend somebody,edit it.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30:53 am »
myprivatejack...I wish I could use English as well as you do! Your fourth language?? Hell , all i speak is a little English, and it's my NATIVE language lol. All the languages i studied>>> Italian and French, have been forgotten. Yes, if we spent time in Quebec or Metropole it would come back, but...all I speak is a little English!

A year was spent in Turkey. After a very short time I could UNDERSTAND what people were saying very well, yet only speak a bit of it. That's odd, isn't it? After barely 6 weeks I'd listen to Turkish sitcoms, listen to my friends speak and know exactly what they said, but speak it myself? Nope.

I admire your ability. Someday before I die I want to learn how to speak Latin [ but speak with WHOM lol, the Vatican?? lol], and RE-learn my French....

Meanwhile thank you.

There are a lot of people who want to hear Jake mourn in public for his friend.
Well, why should he? It was private. The public has no rights to Jake Gyllenhaal's emotions at all: he owes us nothing but a good performance when we pay for a ticket. Period.
He obviously takes his role of Godfather to Matilda very seriously, very seriously indeed. I can see him quietly, privately, doing what Heath would have done if he had not died, can see him doing everything possible to fill the void. You know, I met Jake's father and liked Stephen  enormously. Jake is a lot like his father, I've no doubt at all as to his decency or anything else. Hopefully, the press will leave him alone, leave him in peace to  do what he promised to do for that child...

Hopefully, they will just let them be...

"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 12:13:01 pm »
myprivatejack...I wish I could use English as well as you do! Your fourth language?? Hell , all i speak is a little English, and it's my NATIVE language lol. All the languages i studied>>> Italian and French, have been forgotten. Yes, if we spent time in Quebec or Metropole it would come back, but...all I speak is a little English!

A year was spent in Turkey. After a very short time I could UNDERSTAND what people were saying very well, yet only speak a bit of it. That's odd, isn't it? After barely 6 weeks I'd listen to Turkish sitcoms, listen to my friends speak and know exactly what they said, but speak it myself? Nope.

I admire your ability. Someday before I die I want to learn how to speak Latin [ but speak with WHOM lol, the Vatican?? lol], and RE-learn my French....

Meanwhile thank you.

There are a lot of people who want to hear Jake mourn in public for his friend.
Well, why should he? It was private. The public has no rights to Jake Gyllenhaal's emotions at all: he owes us nothing but a good performance when we pay for a ticket. Period.
He obviously takes his role of Godfather to Matilda very seriously, very seriously indeed. I can see him quietly, privately, doing what Heath would have done if he had not died, can see him doing everything possible to fill the void. You know, I met Jake's father and liked Stephen  enormously. Jake is a lot like his father, I've no doubt at all as to his decency or anything else. Hopefully, the press will leave him alone, leave him in peace to  do what he promised to do for that child...

Hopefully, they will just let them be...

Thank you very much,Brokebackjack,for your kind words to my ability¡OMG¡ You know,dictionaries make miracles and you bet I must consult them...And I make a lot of grammar mistakes and I don't understand several phrases,moreover... :-\  But I like languages,indeed.I guess you're good at them,but you only need for a little practise.Why don't you learn Spanish,huh? ;D
Coming back to Jake's grief,I think He's in a very difficult place now,not only for having lost a friend.But because if he shows too much grief in public,it could produce some gossips about his feelings and their relationship; and he doesn't show it in the quantity they expect him to feel,someone can say he's not a good friend or even a good person...Solution: let him be alone with his grief and let speculations for these ones who live from gossips-for job or for way of being-It´s sad to see how dirt human mind can be; many of the people who think it was  love what they shared,you can be sure aren't saying with the same "innocence" than me."Innocence" or let's say,"Live and let live". :)