Author Topic: Shuggy meets Ellemeno  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
Shuggy meets Ellemeno
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:19:48 am »
On Monday morning, Ellemeno and I had our long-awaited meeting, all too brief. E. picked me up outside Terry Hall of the U of W (Seattle) and we had barely an hour and a half together - cut shorter when my camera filled up - just as I was about to take my picture of E. - and I had to go to a drugstore - and get stuck there with an unfamiliar machine  - while E waited in the car.

E. had taken me to see the Fremont Troll (pictures later). I'd hoped to take pictures of it for T-shirts etc, but there was a notice there about getting permission.

So we had to go straight to the airport. I did get a look at Fremont, which is very pleasant. A drawbridge provided a welcome delay. Thanks to BetterMost for bringing us together.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shuggy meets Ellemeno
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:25:23 am »
Cool stuff! Want to see pictures very soon!  ;D

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:04:20 pm »
Shuggy was staying literally half a block from ym husband's office!

Shuggy, you are just as lovely in person as you are online.  It was a pleasure to spend time with you, albiet briefly.  There's a guest room in Seattle with your name on it!  Clarissa

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:10:35 pm »
Sounds nice you two.  Always nice when folks from the board get a chance to meet.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:32:33 am »
Cool stuff! Want to see pictures very soon!  ;D

j. U. d. E.

I get home next Tuesday (next Monday here - I don't have a Monday because I had two Fridays last week. I ring my man in half an hour, who's where it's early tomorrow evening). I'll edit and upload the pix after I get home, Sept 5. I'm now in SF, and tomorrow night I'll be staying with Ptannen.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 12:37:55 am by Shuggy »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:53:51 am »
Yay for another BetterMostian get-together!  Looking forward to pictures and more details.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 01:11:46 am »
Shuggy here! I'm at PTannen's computer and he's just been telling me all about Auntie's barbecue, the Castro screening, and showing me his boots and other neat stuff! We've only known each other face to face about 30 minutes but its like being old friends.

Pete here!
Yes, it's been fantastic!   ;D  There's so much to talk about - and never enough time!  It's so much fun to meet a Brokie in person that I know form the Board.  And Brokies are all such wonderfull people!

Shuggy: You bet!

Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?