Author Topic: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....  (Read 19807 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....
« on: August 30, 2006, 09:11:05 am »
I saw something on another thread today, about something embarrassing that happened to someone, and I thought a thread on "embarrassing moments" might be something interesting.....

When somethin embarrassing happens to us, it is not very funny at the time, but usually we laugh about it later.....

So if anyone has some "embarrassing moments" they would like to share, please post them.....

Now I am sitting here trying to think of one of my own, to start this off, but I cant think of anything .........well how embarrassing is that.......uh...oh.....(well there's a little moment, at least).......

Come on, I'm sure this thread could become quite amusing.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:31:28 pm »
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? Why do you suppose it';s my most embarassing moment? Cause i want everyone to know about it? 49 years ago...still takes the cake.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:01:57 pm »
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? Why do you suppose it';s my most embarassing moment? Cause i want everyone to know about it? 49 years ago...still takes the cake.

??? :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 07:16:33 pm »
Hmmmm...

Hell Katie, I'm going to have to think about this for awhile.

I've had so many embarrassing moments in my life I'm not sure which I would consider the MOST embarrassing.

These may not be the most embarrassing, but I can think of a few bad ones...

Walking into a closed door at a fast food restaurant. We were leaving and I forgot to open the door first. It didn't hurt me but it made one hell of a noise and everybody looked at me and laughed.  >:(

Falling into a canal during an overseas vacation. There was a tour group walking nearby and a few of them walked over and fished me out.  :(

I was attacked by a Canadian goose once as I was walking from my car to the store. I guess I ventured too close to the nest and the goose jumped on my back and began beating me with its' wings. Once again, there were people close by and they all saw it.

Getting stuck in the bathroom of an airplane. The door lock jammed and I couldn't get it opened. I was stuck in there for about 20 minutes. It took two or three of the flight attendants and somebody from the cockpit to get the door opened. Why? I don't know!  Some of the passengers applauded when the door was finally opened. It was a very long flight too. I didn't use the restroom again until we reached the airport.

Oh God. The movie theater. Yep. This is a bad one. I got up to use the restroom or go to the concession stand or something, returned to my seat and gave my lover a little "hello, I'm back" squeeze on his leg. Only I sat down with the wrong group of people. I guess it was too dark and I couldn't see. He didn't get mad at me, but I don't think he appreciated the squeeze on his leg very much.

I got lost in a parking lot once.... well more than once actually. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot and onto the street. I kept circling around and around looking for the little exit thingy so I could get to the street and the traffic light. Finally a security guard pulled me over. The really embarrassing part of this was I had some out of town friends in the car with me at the time. They had it all figured out but for some reason they didn't say anything to me. I am terrible with directions.

My car began backfiring during a funeral procession once. It kept doing it all the way to the cemetery. When I looked in my rear view mirrow I could see the people behind me jump everytime the car backfired.

A bird crapped on me as I was walking into church once. I noticed people laughing at me during Mass and I couldn't figure out why. I didn't know I had bird crap on me until I got back home and saw it in the mirror. He got me good too!  >:(

There are some embarrassing moments you will NEVER hear about Katie.

Anyone else?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 02:55:37 am »
What?? Am I the ONLY ONE willing to make an ass out of myself?

Oh come on folks! Somebody? Anybody?

Katie? What are you doing?

You started this thread. Please don't let me be the only one!  :(

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 03:14:06 am »

High School: jogging down a hill onto the school oval past a group of guys - one of whom I would love to have impressed. It had been raining.  I rolled my ankle on a little hole in the ground, I stumbled most ungraciously, tripped on my own feet and then to add insult to serious injury, I hit a muddy slick and fell face first, sliding with my gym skirt up around my shoulders aaaaaall the way to the bottom of the hill when I landed - still face first, ass in the air - into a puddle of water.

The boys laughed and clapped for over a minute, I'm told. I was utterly mortified and ran for the toilets where I remained for the rest of the day.  :laugh:  It took me a great many years before I could laugh about it.
Chut up!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 08:43:38 am »
At my first job out of college, a girl I had come to be good friends with sent an email to the entire division of the company in which we worked (about 200 people) announcing that she was moving back to her home town to be closer to her family and taking another job.  I meant to respond just to her, but I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the whole division was copied to it.  And I said something to the effect of, "I'll miss our little chats in the bathroom."  It took about three months to live that one down.

(Hey, in my defense, email was kind of new concept then - this was 1989 - and I was kind of a dork.)
No more beans!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 08:55:53 am »
Cant think of one of my own at the moment...I know there are many but they have slipped my mind..probably filed under "too embarrassing to remember"...but they will pop into my head, and I promise i will share them with you.....

Heres one that happened to my son only the other day....

We own a pet shop and my sons run it, and work in it....Paul sold a labrador puppy to a young lady......she was wearing one of those summer blouses that only have elastic around the top holding it up, no shoulder straps......

Anyway, she was standing at the counter to pay for her puppy, holding it up against her chest, when the puppy got excited and started moving its paws up and down on her....yes you guessed it, he pulled her blouse down, she had her two hands full holding the pup, and there she stood, baring it all.....

My tactful son, didnt know where to look, so like a gentleman, he turned his back to her pretending to move something on the shelf behind him, so she could re-arrange her clothing.........but he had a typical male good old laugh about it after she left......

Offline Katie77

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 08:59:12 pm »
I got this email today, and thought it appropriate to put in this thread...

(just click on the little link "foot in mouth", and it will come up....its funny)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 07:27:53 am »
I had one of those kid moments just the other night.  My husband and son and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant.  We go there/order out from there so often, the waitresses and owner greet us by our first names when we walk in.  Will and I were there early waiting for my husband - he had gone to the gym and wanted to run home and change first, so he was going to meet us.

We were sitting in our booth eating some chips and (yummy, yummy fresh-made) salsa, when this very tall older gentleman walked in, dressed to the nines - he looked like a CEO or something - just had that commanding presence.  He also had a rather prominent beer belly.  Will goes, loudly, "That's a tall man!"  I said, "Yes, that's a tall, nice-looking gentleman."  Then he says, loudly again, "And a fat man!"  It wasn't a question of whether the man heard him - the whole restaurant heard him.  This is a very small place - only five booths along the wall, a couple of tables for two at either end, and a bar.  I leaned in very close and whispered very quietly, "Honey, it's not nice to call people that."  He goes, "What?  Fat?"  Again very loudly.  If we weren't meeting Ed, I'd have taken him out of there.  But all I could do was hope he wouldn't say it again, change the subject and move on.

David, I had a similar parking-lot moment once.  Last Christmas time, I took Will to the mall near where we live, and on a Sunday (what was I thinking???) to pick up a last-minute gift.  I had parked outside the department store I wanted to look for it in, and made careful note of which way my car was facing, etc., going in.  We came out, and it was like my car had disappeared.  Will and I walked up and down the aisles (which were relatively short, at least), and I got more and more frustrated.  The worst part was that this lady was stalking us in her car, trying to get a parking spot because there were none to be found.  I kept waving her off, but she wouldn't relent.  I finally took Will back in the store, thinking my car was really gone (and wanting to get away from her!).  When I went back in the entrance we'd just come out, I realized we came out a different way from how we'd originally gone in.  I went to *that* entrance, and lo and behold, there was my car right where I'd left it.

Talk about being an ass.
No more beans!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 08:59:27 am »
YEP....been there and done that too....and with the stalker as well.....doesnt it piss you, when you are feeling like a bloody idiot, and some one is watching you.......

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 08:25:21 pm »
Ednbarby and Katie  -

Yes. I am very good at losing my car too. But I drive a small compact car and it can easily hide in the endless sea of SUVs and pickup trucks. Well, that is my excuse. But the truth is, I'm a dingbat.

I had something embarrassing happen to me during a staff meeting several years ago. I was running a few minutes late and when I arrived, everyone was already there. As I sat down, my chair made a very loud "farting noise". Everyone turned and looked at me. A few people laughed, but most just gave me a shocked and horrified stare. I told them the noise came from the chair and NOT from me. I tried several times, but as fate would have it, I couldn't get the chair to make that sound again.

moremojo

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 08:37:05 pm »
We were sitting in our booth eating some chips and (yummy, yummy fresh-made) salsa, when this very tall older gentleman walked in, dressed to the nines - he looked like a CEO or something - just had that commanding presence.  He also had a rather prominent beer belly.  Will goes, loudly, "That's a tall man!"  I said, "Yes, that's a tall, nice-looking gentleman."  Then he says, loudly again, "And a fat man!"  It wasn't a question of whether the man heard him - the whole restaurant heard him.  This is a very small place - only five booths along the wall, a couple of tables for two at either end, and a bar.  I leaned in very close and whispered very quietly, "Honey, it's not nice to call people that."  He goes, "What?  Fat?"  Again very loudly.  If we weren't meeting Ed, I'd have taken him out of there.  But all I could do was hope he wouldn't say it again, change the subject and move on.
Children can be scathingly honest, which can be refreshing at the same time it can be so mortifying! I have been "called out" once too by a child in a restaurant, and, while indeed embarrassing, I had to commend that little girl in my mind for being true to herself. These children mean no harm in their statements; there really is a kind of innocence in this behavior, though it can provoke hurt and embarrassed feelings.

I remember a time when I was very young, and my mother had taken me to a shopping mall in Houston. As we walked, we faced a group of women, one of whom was in a wheelchair. I had never seen this contraption, and immediately walked up to the woman, asking her what the chair was and why she was in it. My mother hastily apologized profusely, and yanked me away, hissing at me to never do that again. I was hurt and frightened; I truly didn't understand what I had done wrong. We learn politeness as we grow up, but sometimes sacrifice valuable candor for genteel manners.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:09:24 pm by moremojo »

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 10:28:05 pm »
LOL! These are all so funny. Just about all of them I can relate to. But I have to say the most embarrassing moment for me happened about 10 years ago.

I took my daughter who was only five at the time, out to a nice resturant in the city where we live. The place was full as it was a Saturday night and we ended up at a small table in the back wall of the dinning room. I am a little claustrophobic and fond my self starting to sweat and started feeling a little anxious. My daughter was tired because we had been shopping a good part of the day, and she started whinning. Well now I am really startiing to sweat and am feeling kinda panicky. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Well unfortunatly for us there was an Emergency Only Exit door right beside us. We hadnt ordered anything yet so I decided we were leaving and fast. So I pushed open the door and all of a sudden this loud alarm went off! My daughter was not close enough to the door to just run out, so I had to stand there in full veiw of the whole dinning room. This alarm was loud!! A couple waiters ran over and tried to turn it off but didn't know how to. The bartender came running back and he didnt know how to. the manager was not there, My daughters crying. everybody is staring at me disgusted because they cant visit with the noise. I felt like i was going to pass out. this went on for what seemed to be ten minutes. Finally someone stopped it and they closed the door! I had to walk back through that packed dinning room with mad patrons. No one said "thankyou, please come again" either. it was a nightmare!!!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 11:01:27 pm »
.... Finally someone stopped it and they closed the door! I had to walk back through that packed dinning room with mad patrons. No one said "thankyou, please come again" either. it was a nightmare!!!

lol

That really is a good one! :D   That must have been incredibly embarrassing for you.

Once while I was travelling up in Quebec City with some friends, I noticed a really cute guy. It was one of those moments most gay men can relate to. We noticed each other, walked past each other, and we both turned and checked each other out a second time. He was really cute. I walked over to him and we began talking to each other in French (He didn't speak English.) It had just finished raining and I was standing under the edge of a very large awning. Unkown to me, a huge pool of water had collected on top of the awning from the rain. As I was talking to him (I think his name was Alan) the entire pool of water rolled off the edge of the awning and dumped directly on top of me. I was so embarrassed I forgot all my French for the next five minutes.

We did hook up with each other later on that evening and continued to see each other while I was up there.

At least it wasn't  a total "washout".   ::)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 11:06:14 pm »
LMAO!  David that's something you would see in the movies!  He probably couldn't resist you after that. You probably made him laugh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:46:39 am by Arad-3 »

Offline Katie77

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 09:26:14 am »
Heres one that happened to me....

I went with my husband and a couple of friends to a football game....we went to our allocated seats, and then I thought i would go out to the outer area to have a smoke.

When I came back, the row that we had our seats in, was all ready filled with people, but the row in front was nearly empty....so i thought, instead of squeezing past all those people in my row to get back to my seat, i would walk up the row in front, and then climb over the seat to my seat.

So i walked up the row, stood on the seat, in readiness to climb over, when the seat closed up on my foot and ankle....i dont know if any of you have ever had your foot caught in those fold up seats, but the more i tried to pull my foot out the tighter it became on my ankle....i really felt like it was crushing the bone....

The worst thing was, i was directly in front of my husband, everyone else in the stadium could hear me screaming and were watching me, but the cheergirls were on the field doing their little pre-game dance, and my husband was so busy watching them, he didnt notice or hear me yelling at him to help me.

Finally, I reached out, hit him on the head, and yelled at him to help me, which he did, but even with his help it was still difficult to get my damn foot out of that closed up seat.

I finally got to my seat, after making quite a spectacle of myself, and just sat there waiting for the game to start, so the people around me, would stop staring at me.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 10:23:46 pm »
Katie,

Oh that would be embarrassing!  I would be so mad at my husband if I was you!   Watching the cheerleaders!   The nerve!!!   :laugh:

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 10:39:46 pm »
Here's another pretty embarrassing moment.

I was at a classey bar one night waiting to meet a new aquaintance for a drink. I got there alittle early just to relax before he got there. I ordered a Corona beer. You know the beer that comes with the lime. I dont know why I did cause I dont usually drnk beer at nice bars but anyways... Before pouring the beer into my glass I decided I would push the lime down into the bottle with my thumb. well I did push it down and when I tried to pull it out my thumb got stuck in the bottle. the more I tried pulling it out the greater the suction was.
  Now I feel very uncomfortable sitting at bars alone anyways, and if you read my last post here you know about my anxiety by now. So face red now I pulled really hard trying not to let everyone see what I was doing.  Finally I POPPED  my thumb out and the beer came flying out of the bottle with it.  Into my face and into my hair.  My face and hair dripping with beer Besides spotting all over my white blouse.. started to head for for the ladies room but In walks my date. I was so embarrassed!  But after a couple of drinks we both had a good laugh over it. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:18:00 pm by Arad-3 »

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 08:11:43 pm »
At Washington DC, i was listening to a guy give a speech, but i saw something at the corner of my eye. It was an albino squirrel, and i threw a fit. I was distracting everyone, by pointing to it, and make weird noises. The teachers thought something was wrong, and everytime i think back to that moment i just want to kill myself.  :laugh:
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline Katie77

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 08:22:54 pm »
This didnt happen to me, but it happened to a lady in town, and to make matters worse for her, it even made the local newspaper.....

She and her husband towed their boat into the petrol (gas) station.....he went to get something and told his wife to fill the boat up with petrol........

(For those who are not familiar with boats.....a lot of them, have structured holes around the top of the hull so fishermen can put their fishing rods in, while they are out fishing)...........they are called "rod holders"

anyway......she proceeded to "fill the boat up with petrol" but she was unaware that instead of putting the nozzle from the bowser in the petrol tank of the boat, she actually had put it in the "rod holder".......and so filled up the hull of the boat, with $120 worth of petrol.......

Because of the risk, the boat had to be transported to a slipway, lifted up by a crane, and the boat placed on an angle to drain all the petrol out of the boat....with the fire brigade in attendance.

A very expensive and embarrassing time for this poor lady, and then the added bonus of having it splashed accross the local newspaper......

Guess, a lot of men were saying "dont send a woman, to do a mans job"......

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 11:51:28 am »
I can't really remember that many, but the other day in a self defence class at school, I had to do a front flip and my top literally fell down, revealing all in front of my class, (consisting mostly of weird pervy guys) - not good, but I guess that's not that embarrassing compared to other people's experiences!
I saw you were sick and tired of my wrong turns.
If you only knew the way I feel,
I'd really love to tell you,
But I could never seem to say
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Keane: On A Day Like Today

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 12:41:40 pm »
Hell, I've got a quite a few. Here's one that springs to mind.

I'd just started a new job reporting to the Customer Services Manager in a finance firm.

She asked me to draft a memo on her behalf, with her name and title at the bottom (Cust Service Manager) and then let her review it before sending it out.

So, did all I was asked, left the memo on her desk.

Later that day she stands up and calls me over, hands me back the memo and says "Karen, I sincerely hope that isn't what you think my title is." Perplexed I looked at the memo and (no word of a lie) I had mistyped the 's' as an 'n' making her a Cu*t Service Manager. Nice!

How red was I???

Karen

Scott6373

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:34 pm »
When the bouncer from the club knocked on my car window, and scared the crap out of Beau, who was having a grand old time on me.  I think that qualifies.

PS  I was very young

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 01:03:58 pm »
I can't really remember that many, but the other day in a self defence class at school, I had to do a front flip and my top literally fell down, revealing all in front of my class, (consisting mostly of weird pervy guys) - not good, but I guess that's not that embarrassing compared to other people's experiences!
Just consider it as an audition for the part of Lureen in the Performance Thread, Emma!! (I had to read this, being the Front-Ranger and all)

And Scott, not near as embarassing for you as for Beau, what with him being on top, and the crap and all...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 09:00:03 pm »
When the bouncer from the club knocked on my car window, and scared the crap out of Beau, who was having a grand old time on me.  I think that qualifies.

PS  I was very young

This brought to mind a time when me and my hubby went "parking" when we were courting......we had picked an area of bushland, not far off the main road.....right in the middle of some heavy petting, we heard a vechicle approaching....it was the local bush fire brigade truck......

(I knew things were getting "hot", but I didnt realize it had got that hot)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
this is one of those really cringy ones:

I was a sort of a musical prodigy on the accordion as a young child, but I was something of a perfectionist.  One time when I was 11 I was performing for hundreds of people (as per usual,)  and I struck a wrong note (which I almost never did, not on stage anyway) - and stopped dead.  And everyone in the audience stared, not knowing what had gone wrong.  The guy running the show had to come on the stage and beg me to continue and tell me it was okay to go on.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 04:53:05 am »
  OMG!   Not even funny!    Had that happen before!   Dancing around at a bar with a  tube top on  .So into the music ( great band!)  didn't notice my tube top had fallen down to my waist.   It was only for a few second s and got alot of cheers but oh how embarrassing!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:00:03 am by Arad-3 »

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 02:37:27 pm »
Oh, let's see......

there was the time that I walked into a phone pole.

getting up to sing at karaoke, and have my voice crack.

One time, when I was camping with my friends, I was walking with a tray of junk food to the picnic table, and the laces of my left boot got hooked on the eye-hooks of my right boot and I tripped and belly flopped into the dirt with my face landing in all the food on the tray.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 06:50:53 pm »
I went to town the other day, and wondered why I was so uncomfortable walking....

When I looked down at my sandals, I realized I had shoved my foot in two different, but similar ones.....and one had a heel a bit higher than the other one.

It wasn't so much embarrassing.....just a stupid moment.

Offline optom3

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 12:05:06 am »
So many I do not know where to begin.  I do remember a summer waiting job, when I dropped a whole tray of steaming hot food, right into a guys crotch.I ineffectually attempted to scoop it onto the floor with a spoon.He then said forget the food my boll--ks are on fire.So thnking to cool things down I emptied the water jug over the singed area.

Examining a very large lady and being transfixed by the number of chins she had.The time came to ask her to move forward and put her chin on the chin rest, to better examine her eyes, I told her toput her chins,on the rest.

Examining a young guy and while trying to be friendly asked how old his brother, who was also in the room was,it was his son.

On stage when I was still doing ballet, and in my solo realising that the bottom part of my costume was slowly detaching from the top.

When in my first house, which was a townhouse, I was up in the attic attempting to bring down the Xmas decorations.Back then there was no divider between attics.The houses were over 150 years old.You could see from one end of the row to the other. Being a nosy twit, I started to move across the beams and have a look.I stumbled, fell off the supporting beams and one of my feet went straight through the ceiling of my neighbour.

Trying to fit my car with stick on heated defroster.I was so busy, at the back of the car, that I failed to notice the front dash was on fire.Much to the neighbours amusement.

Standing waiting for a taxi with my husband at the Paris Ritz an feeling my hold up stockings gradually slithering doen to my ankles, in full view of the ,concierge, valet, etc.

I could write a whole book on them.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 08:55:39 am »
I love reading this thread!   :D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 10:14:55 am »
I went to town the other day, and wondered why I was so uncomfortable walking....

When I looked down at my sandals, I realized I had shoved my foot in two different, but similar ones.....and one had a heel a bit higher than the other one.

It wasn't so much embarrassing.....just a stupid moment.

:laugh:
So many I do not know where to begin.  I do remember a summer waiting job, when I dropped a whole tray of steaming hot food, right into a guys crotch.I ineffectually attempted to scoop it onto the floor with a spoon.He then said forget the food my boll--ks are on fire.So thnking to cool things down I emptied the water jug over the singed area.

Examining a very large lady and being transfixed by the number of chins she had.The time came to ask her to move forward and put her chin on the chin rest, to better examine her eyes, I told her toput her chins,on the rest.

Examining a young guy and while trying to be friendly asked how old his brother, who was also in the room was,it was his son.

On stage when I was still doing ballet, and in my solo realising that the bottom part of my costume was slowly detaching from the top.

When in my first house, which was a townhouse, I was up in the attic attempting to bring down the Xmas decorations.Back then there was no divider between attics.The houses were over 150 years old.You could see from one end of the row to the other. Being a nosy twit, I started to move across the beams and have a look.I stumbled, fell off the supporting beams and one of my feet went straight through the ceiling of my neighbour.

Trying to fit my car with stick on heated defroster.I was so busy, at the back of the car, that I failed to notice the front dash was on fire.Much to the neighbours amusement.

Standing waiting for a taxi with my husband at the Paris Ritz an feeling my hold up stockings gradually slithering doen to my ankles, in full view of the ,concierge, valet, etc.

I could write a whole book on them.

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 10:35:20 am »

Offline optom3

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 08:27:01 pm »

So how did you know it was pink ?

Sort of on topic. I know all you cowboys are probably more at home at rodeos, but if you ever get the chance to see Matthew Bournes  male swan lake, take it.
All the extremely athletic not wearing very much swans are danced by males not females.It is quite exceptionally stunning.
Got rave reviews in the U.K not sure about over here.I think a lot of people thought it was a made up for the film Billy Elliot.It is however a real ballet and probably the best one I have ever seen.
It had the same initial problems as BBM and was dubbed the gay swan lake.
If necessary, rent it on video/dvd. I promise you will love it.It is also a tragic love story,where a prince falls in love with a swan/woman.In this version the prince falls in love with a swan/man.
It is in effect a gay version of the ballet.
My jaw dropped and remained dropped at the visual feast on display.When I went to see it with my husband,we were outnumbered by gay male couples by about 10:1
You can see most of it on you tube.

Offline optom3

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:10 pm »
You will need a strong stomach for this one.When I worked as a bio medical scientist.as the most junior, my job was to do the once a week faecal fat test.I will spare you the worst details but it involved a 3 day collection of matter.
After various stages had been gone through the final result was several flasks which were filled with a pretty noxious concoction.This the had to heat on a water bath.I duly put the stoppers in to the flasks nice and tight,set the clock for 30 mins and went for a sandwich.
Literally as I walked back into the lab.there was an almighty popping of corks and I was covered, head to toe.So for that matter was the ceiling and pretty much everything else.

Idiotic me had not read the method correctly, the stoppers, were only meant to rest lightly on the glass flasks to allow any gas to escape.I had of course rammed them in in effect creating several pressure cookers ready to go at any time as the gas built up.
Funnily enough I had the whole train compartment to myself that night.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:41:37 pm by optom3 »

Offline Katie77

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 09:11:54 pm »
You will need a strong stomach for this one.When I worked as a bio medical scientist.as the most junior, my job was to do the once a week faecal fat test.I will spare you the worst details but it involved a 3 day collection of matter.
After various stages had been gone through the final result was several flasks which were filled with a pretty noxiuos concoction.This the had to heat on a water bath.I duly put the stoppers in to the flasks nice and tight,set the clock for 30 mins and went for a sandwich.
Literally as I walked back into the lab.there was an almighty popping of corks and I was covered, head to toe.So for that matter was the ceiling and pretty much everything else.

Idiotic mehad not read the method correctly, the stoppers, were only meant to rest lightly on the glass falskes to allow any gas to escape.I had of course rammed them in in effect creating several pressure cookers ready to go at any time as the gas built up.
Funnily enough I had the whole train compartment to myself that night.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess that would be a smiliar situation to the shit hittin the fan

Offline optom3

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 10:43:04 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess that would be a smiliar situation to the shit hittin the fan

Yep, and prety much everything else.