Author Topic: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....  (Read 19861 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 08:59:27 am »
YEP....been there and done that too....and with the stalker as well.....doesnt it piss you, when you are feeling like a bloody idiot, and some one is watching you.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 08:25:21 pm »
Ednbarby and Katie  -

Yes. I am very good at losing my car too. But I drive a small compact car and it can easily hide in the endless sea of SUVs and pickup trucks. Well, that is my excuse. But the truth is, I'm a dingbat.

I had something embarrassing happen to me during a staff meeting several years ago. I was running a few minutes late and when I arrived, everyone was already there. As I sat down, my chair made a very loud "farting noise". Everyone turned and looked at me. A few people laughed, but most just gave me a shocked and horrified stare. I told them the noise came from the chair and NOT from me. I tried several times, but as fate would have it, I couldn't get the chair to make that sound again.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

moremojo

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 08:37:05 pm »
We were sitting in our booth eating some chips and (yummy, yummy fresh-made) salsa, when this very tall older gentleman walked in, dressed to the nines - he looked like a CEO or something - just had that commanding presence.  He also had a rather prominent beer belly.  Will goes, loudly, "That's a tall man!"  I said, "Yes, that's a tall, nice-looking gentleman."  Then he says, loudly again, "And a fat man!"  It wasn't a question of whether the man heard him - the whole restaurant heard him.  This is a very small place - only five booths along the wall, a couple of tables for two at either end, and a bar.  I leaned in very close and whispered very quietly, "Honey, it's not nice to call people that."  He goes, "What?  Fat?"  Again very loudly.  If we weren't meeting Ed, I'd have taken him out of there.  But all I could do was hope he wouldn't say it again, change the subject and move on.
Children can be scathingly honest, which can be refreshing at the same time it can be so mortifying! I have been "called out" once too by a child in a restaurant, and, while indeed embarrassing, I had to commend that little girl in my mind for being true to herself. These children mean no harm in their statements; there really is a kind of innocence in this behavior, though it can provoke hurt and embarrassed feelings.

I remember a time when I was very young, and my mother had taken me to a shopping mall in Houston. As we walked, we faced a group of women, one of whom was in a wheelchair. I had never seen this contraption, and immediately walked up to the woman, asking her what the chair was and why she was in it. My mother hastily apologized profusely, and yanked me away, hissing at me to never do that again. I was hurt and frightened; I truly didn't understand what I had done wrong. We learn politeness as we grow up, but sometimes sacrifice valuable candor for genteel manners.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:09:24 pm by moremojo »

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 10:28:05 pm »
LOL! These are all so funny. Just about all of them I can relate to. But I have to say the most embarrassing moment for me happened about 10 years ago.

I took my daughter who was only five at the time, out to a nice resturant in the city where we live. The place was full as it was a Saturday night and we ended up at a small table in the back wall of the dinning room. I am a little claustrophobic and fond my self starting to sweat and started feeling a little anxious. My daughter was tired because we had been shopping a good part of the day, and she started whinning. Well now I am really startiing to sweat and am feeling kinda panicky. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Well unfortunatly for us there was an Emergency Only Exit door right beside us. We hadnt ordered anything yet so I decided we were leaving and fast. So I pushed open the door and all of a sudden this loud alarm went off! My daughter was not close enough to the door to just run out, so I had to stand there in full veiw of the whole dinning room. This alarm was loud!! A couple waiters ran over and tried to turn it off but didn't know how to. The bartender came running back and he didnt know how to. the manager was not there, My daughters crying. everybody is staring at me disgusted because they cant visit with the noise. I felt like i was going to pass out. this went on for what seemed to be ten minutes. Finally someone stopped it and they closed the door! I had to walk back through that packed dinning room with mad patrons. No one said "thankyou, please come again" either. it was a nightmare!!!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 11:01:27 pm »
.... Finally someone stopped it and they closed the door! I had to walk back through that packed dinning room with mad patrons. No one said "thankyou, please come again" either. it was a nightmare!!!

lol

That really is a good one! :D   That must have been incredibly embarrassing for you.

Once while I was travelling up in Quebec City with some friends, I noticed a really cute guy. It was one of those moments most gay men can relate to. We noticed each other, walked past each other, and we both turned and checked each other out a second time. He was really cute. I walked over to him and we began talking to each other in French (He didn't speak English.) It had just finished raining and I was standing under the edge of a very large awning. Unkown to me, a huge pool of water had collected on top of the awning from the rain. As I was talking to him (I think his name was Alan) the entire pool of water rolled off the edge of the awning and dumped directly on top of me. I was so embarrassed I forgot all my French for the next five minutes.

We did hook up with each other later on that evening and continued to see each other while I was up there.

At least it wasn't  a total "washout".   ::)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 11:06:14 pm »
LMAO!  David that's something you would see in the movies!  He probably couldn't resist you after that. You probably made him laugh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:46:39 am by Arad-3 »

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 09:26:14 am »
Heres one that happened to me....

I went with my husband and a couple of friends to a football game....we went to our allocated seats, and then I thought i would go out to the outer area to have a smoke.

When I came back, the row that we had our seats in, was all ready filled with people, but the row in front was nearly empty....so i thought, instead of squeezing past all those people in my row to get back to my seat, i would walk up the row in front, and then climb over the seat to my seat.

So i walked up the row, stood on the seat, in readiness to climb over, when the seat closed up on my foot and ankle....i dont know if any of you have ever had your foot caught in those fold up seats, but the more i tried to pull my foot out the tighter it became on my ankle....i really felt like it was crushing the bone....

The worst thing was, i was directly in front of my husband, everyone else in the stadium could hear me screaming and were watching me, but the cheergirls were on the field doing their little pre-game dance, and my husband was so busy watching them, he didnt notice or hear me yelling at him to help me.

Finally, I reached out, hit him on the head, and yelled at him to help me, which he did, but even with his help it was still difficult to get my damn foot out of that closed up seat.

I finally got to my seat, after making quite a spectacle of myself, and just sat there waiting for the game to start, so the people around me, would stop staring at me.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 10:23:46 pm »
Katie,

Oh that would be embarrassing!  I would be so mad at my husband if I was you!   Watching the cheerleaders!   The nerve!!!   :laugh:

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 10:39:46 pm »
Here's another pretty embarrassing moment.

I was at a classey bar one night waiting to meet a new aquaintance for a drink. I got there alittle early just to relax before he got there. I ordered a Corona beer. You know the beer that comes with the lime. I dont know why I did cause I dont usually drnk beer at nice bars but anyways... Before pouring the beer into my glass I decided I would push the lime down into the bottle with my thumb. well I did push it down and when I tried to pull it out my thumb got stuck in the bottle. the more I tried pulling it out the greater the suction was.
  Now I feel very uncomfortable sitting at bars alone anyways, and if you read my last post here you know about my anxiety by now. So face red now I pulled really hard trying not to let everyone see what I was doing.  Finally I POPPED  my thumb out and the beer came flying out of the bottle with it.  Into my face and into my hair.  My face and hair dripping with beer Besides spotting all over my white blouse.. started to head for for the ladies room but In walks my date. I was so embarrassed!  But after a couple of drinks we both had a good laugh over it. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:18:00 pm by Arad-3 »

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 08:11:43 pm »
At Washington DC, i was listening to a guy give a speech, but i saw something at the corner of my eye. It was an albino squirrel, and i threw a fit. I was distracting everyone, by pointing to it, and make weird noises. The teachers thought something was wrong, and everytime i think back to that moment i just want to kill myself.  :laugh:
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k