Author Topic: The Chris Memorial Thread  (Read 16672 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Chris
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2006, 04:11:11 pm »
This is indeed very shocking and sad news.  I have asked the CT moderators to make this our official condolences and memorial thread, and I'd also like Victoria to keep the first message in the thread updated through edits with any further information about arrangements and, if possible, contact information so that our community can send cards and notes to Chris' family at this very difficult time.

I know I speak for all of us when I say Chris is irreplaceable and has been an extremely important part of BetterMost since he got here.  He will be in all of our thoughts and memories, and his posts here will remain as long as BetterMost continues.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: The Chris Memorial Thread
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 04:51:16 pm »
What? No this can't be true! This news has absolutely floored me. I've been staring at the computer screen for about 10 minutes thinking of what to say, but the words just aren't coming: but the tears are.
I never knew Chris as much as I would have liked, and I know that is my fault more than his, parted by an ocean but united by IMDb and more importantly our love of eachother and the other wonderful people around us. When ever I spoke to Chris he made me laugh and that is how I wish to remember him. I am even smiling now as I am about to leave BM to go and have a shower I think what Chris always used to say when I left to take a shower, and promised i would be back later to ramble, "Yeah you need one, I can smell you from here". Which always made me smile and thank him for his 'kindness' before I reluctantly pulled my self away from his adictive banter.
Parted by a sea, bought together by a common cause and now parted for ever. Rest in peace Chris, we will love you for ever. :'(
My thoughts are with Shea, CJ and Chris' family, I send my love and support to you in this hard time.

Chris is our Jack, and BM is our Mountain now we have to be Ennis' and accept, but NEVER forget!  :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 05:21:39 pm »
There are not words yet that I can think of......this is so damn sad.....a terrible loss to his son, his family, his friends, us.......................
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

vkm91941

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2006, 08:30:40 pm »
At Phil's request I have put this on the bottom of Shea's message on the first page as well.

I have sent messages to Chris's family and requested information on any planned memorial, interment etc. and an address to send our condolences's.  I am also monitoring the Layton/Salt Lake obituaries in the hope of catching something.  Those frequently run for only a day or two.  Chris's Mom may also elect to take Chris home to Texas for interment and may not run an obituary, many folks do not.  Of course I will pass on any info I receive. However should the this very private family choose to remain private, my family and I plan to make a sizable donation to the Matthew Shepard Foundation in memory of Chris. It is a charity that I know Chris supported from my conversations with him.  I am also looking into a donation to the National Film Preservation Foundation since movies were Chris's passion.  If anyone would like info on either of those charities please let me know.

I will not be around much for a while for obivious reasons but will  log in briefly if I have any updates to share.  To everyone who has been so kind. Thank You words fail me but you know I am grateful for the support.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006, 10:29:16 pm »
Oh my.  What tremendously sad news.   :'( 

It certainly is hard to know what to say at a time like this. But, like everyone here, I'd like to send on my best wishes to his family and all his friends. 

The last message he posted here is unbelievably poignant in light of this turn of events. 
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 10:57:29 pm »
I'm saddened and in shock.  :'(

I remember his posts on IMDB.  He was an important part of our Brokeback experience.  Chris, you will never be forgotten...  We swear!

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 11:19:06 pm »
A word to Chris' family about CJ from someone who also lost their father as an infant: Regardless of any lack of cognitive memory of his dad, the bond will still be there for him.  Keep Chris' pictures around.  Make sure CJ knows who his dad was.  It will be important to him.

Love and healing to Shea, CJ, the rest of Chris' family, Vicoria, and everyone here at BM who knew and loved him.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 11:21:14 pm by kirkmusic »

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 11:22:27 pm »
to Chris' family, to Vic and all Chris' dear friends, I am heartbroken over this loss of such a wonderful person

Shea, you and your family, especially little CJ, you are in my thoughts, sending you love and support
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 11:52:58 pm »
I am just utterly shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news about Chris. I have been sick and I haven't posted much in the forum for awhile. I saw the news about Chris on news banner today when I logged on to read a pm sent to me by a friend.

I just can't believe it. I'm having trouble even processing it and I don't know what to say.

I'm just heartsick.

My thoughts and prayers now turn to Chris' family.

Come to his assistance you Saints of God. Come forth to meet him you angels of the Lord.
Receive his soul and offer it in the Sight of the Most High.
May Christ who has called you, receive you, and may the angels lead you into Paradise.

Eternal rest grant him oh Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Chris. I will miss you buddy!  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2006, 12:10:07 am »
I am so sorry for all of you, and Chris's family. I did not know him (unless--what was his posting name?). 
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters