Author Topic: The Chris Memorial Thread  (Read 16670 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Re: The Chris Memorial Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2006, 12:47:41 am »
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and friends.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Chriscd45

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 12:32:57 am »
I didn't know him. But I have seen some of his posts. Seemed like a sweet person.

My prayers go out to his family and friends. May they find peace.

Here is a song that has helped me get through many deaths in my own life.

"Sorry, I never told you, all I wanted to say.
Now it's too late to hold you. '
Cause you've flown away, so far away.

Never, Had I imagined, yeah, living without your smile.
Feelin' and knowing you hear me.
It keeps me alive. Alive!

And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven,
Like so many friends we've lost along the way,
And I know eventually we'll be together.
One sweet day.

Picture a little scene from Heaven.

Darling, I never showed you.
Assumed you'd always be there.
I took your presence for granted.
But I always cared
And I miss the love we shared.

And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven.
Like so many friends we've lost along the way.
One sweet day.

Picture a little scene from Heaven.

Although, the sun will never shine the same, I'll
always look to a brighter day.

Yeah, Lord, I know, when I lay me down to sleep,
You'll always listen, as I pray!

One sweet day.

One sweet day.

Sorry, I Never told you, all I wanted to say "
"I still feel like a child as I look at the moon, maybe I grew up a little too soon"

"If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 09:55:31 am »
The Chris that I knew was completely without ego or pride. He was a happy-go-lucky guy, much like Jack, who let the Sturm and Drang of us just roll over him. He was always so admiring of anything I said and always ready to listen, that he made me feel whole again when I woke up in the night feeling like a thousand shards of myself. And he was always happy to go whatever direction I wanted to go in whether thoughtful, zany, or ranting, never judgemental, and hardly ever having strong opinions of his own. A chameleon-like person, he sympathized with the Jacks and Ennises, as well as all the colorful personalities that showed up in the chat room or discussion boards. I don't know who he was or where he went but I know that he helped me, listened to me, and connected with me, and he was a true friend.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 03:01:56 pm »
Lee-

Thanks for that. The weekend was tough for me-missing Chris who was so much a part of what CT has meant to me. I seem to be mourning  a lot of loss these days and without the comfort that I have come to depend on this past year. Somehow my process of grieving Chris' passage was interrupted by other drama this past week and caught up to me this past Satuday.

So, Chris, know that you were loved by many for your readiness to "ROFLOL", your ever- presence in the chat room to welcome whoever just happened to drop by, your concern for the well-being of others, your dedication to your family and your strength in overcoming some crazy obstacles in your life. You were so much more than just a name to me and I thank you for including me in your life-if even for just this short time. I will hold your memory in my heart always.

Your Rub

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 03:57:02 pm »
I don't know who he was or where he went but I know that he helped me, listened to me, and connected with me, and he was a true friend.

Lee, thank you for those beautiful words.

For the past 9 months I spent hours at a time almost every single night talking to Chris. I shared more with him than I share with many of my closest friends at home whom I see daily. He helped me through many hard times and was always there if I needed to talk or even if I just needed to laugh. He was kind, open, warm hearted, generous and I trusted him completley. There is a huge hole in my life right now that he used to occupy and I honestly have no words to explain how much I feel his loss. He was my friend and I loved him. I can only hope that I gave him at least a little of what he gave me in return and that wherever he is he knows that he was loved.

I miss you buddy.

Your, Mandster
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2006, 10:59:12 pm »
So I come into this news after a few days away after receiving a mass email on the order or War and Peace.

Said author has gone to a lot of trouble to mine addresses to get their point across.

I offer my sincere condolences to his family. This news troubles me on a few levels.

Rest in peace dear soul, friend to all here.

Let be, Let be. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2006, 09:42:10 am »
I am very sorry to learn of the vituperative, personal attacks into which discourse on this sensitive and deeply felt issue has devolved. I have had my impudent and facetious moods on these boards, but I have never sought to willfully hurt another's feelings (and I apologize to anyone if that has been the case), and it pains me to read of such efforts. I feel that we at BetterMost have become a family, coalesced around love for one timeless, beautiful story, and I was in awe of how we were fostering one another's personal growth, first on IMDb, and then here. I would hate to see us lose this precious, delicate gift that has been given to us, and which we give to ourselves and each other.

Victoria, my heart goes out to you. You are a beautiful and caring human being. I condole with you in the pain you are dealing with, on so many levels.

To address the issue of the elephant in the living room, the issue which no one seems willing to state out loud, I will say only this. If my words are deemed insensitive or inappropriate, moderators may delete or amend with no ill will from me. But it is this--phantoms, if and when they come into play, can impinge upon our hearts and lives as powerfully as a flesh-and-blood person. We are, after all, here ultimately out of love and abiding concern for two phantoms. Their names are Ennis and Jack.

Peace to all, let's keep the love alive...
Scott

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2006, 10:38:12 am »
What had happened???!!!  How can this happen after we thought he is recovering...  I don't know what to say :'( :'( :'( 

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I have been on vacation and have not checked the broad until today.  Chris, I will miss you terribly even through we have not official met face to face.  I felt that I have known you for a long time. 

Rest in peace my friend.  I will always remember you ...

Jenny  :'(

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 01:13:49 pm »
To everyone in CT who have shared their thoughts about Chris, I thank you, and I am certain the family appreciates these kind wishes and regards at this difficult time.

I am aware that a bunch of people have received unsolicited e-mail about this matter as well as replies to that unsolicited e-mail.  I am disappointed in the tone of the messages, the language in some of them, and most importantly the fact that these were sent to people who I suspect have no interest in debating the subject at hand.

These e-mail addresses were not released by anyone here - apparently they were collected by the originator of some of the messages over time here.  Your private contact information remains entirely private.  If your account profile is set to display your e-mail address, that information can be had by any registered user here.  You can change that setting by clicking the Profile button.

Because of the concerns raised by a number of members about this situation, I feel it is appropriate to lock this thread and move us forward. On the matter of those e-mails: It is very easy for us to fall into the trap of intrigue and worrying about other people instead of growing ourselves as individuals and help keep this community moving forward with positive energy.  We need to worry more about ourselves than the affairs of others, and I remind everyone that personal attacks are never permitted here.

I appreciate your understanding, and this thread and its good wishes will remain here for those who wish to revisit it in the future.  If I had a mailing address for Chris' family for cards and notes of condolence, I would share it with you, but that isn't available to me at this time.  I'll edit the thread if conditions change.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
Thank you...
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 04:42:13 am »
Thank you Chris,
For being a friend when I needed it. For bringing fun into my life when I was fumbling around in a state of confusion, contemplation, depression, introspection, and hope.

I will never , ever, forget the nights on IMDB on the "Walter" board, typing with  Mandy, Vic, Brandon, and others...Laughing, bitching, flirting (mostly one-sided of course!) and just generally havin' a ball. :-)

You were a loyal pal, a fiery defender, and a general smartass. And I will miss you very much.

I wish your son peace, comfort, and all the blessings he deserves.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 04:44:01 am by montferrat »
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar