Author Topic: More light Brokeback reading  (Read 7989 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: More light Brokeback reading
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 07:59:23 am »

By the way, I've always wondered what <G> means.

<G>  grin

It comes from the ancient internet days when we didn't have smiley faces and so on.

Jeff...great story! Thanks for sharing...
Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 09:02:07 am »
Hey Jeff,

Alternative universe???  What about a new virtual reality. Well, maybe I've seen Vanilla Sky to many times, so IF I could construct my own virtual reality, I've had Jack and Ennis never dying, living on and on, having many pleasant experiences together as they grow old, (well I'll be romantic) or as they grow young together. Well, they are fictious characters so we can reconstruct different fates. 

I could only take a few minutes to skim your story as I'm at work.  It printed out 10 pages!  Should make interesting reading during my lunch hour.   

And I'm the one that's worried I'll end up becoming one of the characters   :o, reading all these posts, repeated viewing of the movie, etc etc.  Soon, I'll wanta move out to Wy, get a boyfriend, wanta start off a lil calving operation in Wyoming. ;-)   

Again, thanks for taking the time to write such a more upbeat take.  It helps take away from some of the pathos I'm still left with and no doubt, I will get a "Fever relapse" tomorrow evening after rewatching the film.

Best rgds,

Karl :)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 12:43:42 pm »
Mr. Wrangler –
Another great story! J Got me all teary again - but they were not tears of sadness, but tear of happiness for Ennis and Jack.   I just loved the line, “Jack had found an old pair of Ennis’s pajamas, clean but not used since the divorce.”  It sums up the huge difference between Ennis’ relationship with Jack and Alma so well!  I also liked the use of “if you can’t fix it you’ve got to stand it” in this context.  Please keep your storied coming!

BTW, I submitted the first review of this story at Fanfiction last night, but it was not posted.  When I tried today, it told me that I already posted a review.  Do you know what's go'in on over there?

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 01:51:02 pm »

BTW, I submitted the first review of this story at Fanfiction last night, but it was not posted.  When I tried today, it told me that I already posted a review.  Do you know what's go'in on over there?

Pete

Hey Pete,
The reviews can take up to 24 hours to show up. Give it time, it should be there.
Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 06:32:38 pm »
Oh, this is embarrassing--bumping my own thread so I can find it later!

But thanks to all of you for your kind comments!

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 06:36:20 pm »
I'll bump it again for ya cuz you know I loved it!

Heathen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 10:07:26 pm »
Nevertheless Jeff, it's a very sexy handle.

Thanks, Flash! (Blushes. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 10:13:03 pm »
Good one Jeff. (I'll refrain from proposing again....)

By the way, I've always wondered what <G> means.

Thanks, Courtney! (And the proposals were very flattering. ...)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 10:15:29 pm »
Hey Jeff,

Alternative universe???  What about a new virtual reality. Well, maybe I've seen Vanilla Sky to many times, so IF I could construct my own virtual reality, I've had Jack and Ennis never dying, living on and on, having many pleasant experiences together as they grow old, (well I'll be romantic) or as they grow young together. Well, they are fictious characters so we can reconstruct different fates. 

I could only take a few minutes to skim your story as I'm at work.  It printed out 10 pages!  Should make interesting reading during my lunch hour.   

And I'm the one that's worried I'll end up becoming one of the characters   :o, reading all these posts, repeated viewing of the movie, etc etc.  Soon, I'll wanta move out to Wy, get a boyfriend, wanta start off a lil calving operation in Wyoming. ;-)   

Again, thanks for taking the time to write such a more upbeat take.  It helps take away from some of the pathos I'm still left with and no doubt, I will get a "Fever relapse" tomorrow evening after rewatching the film.

Best rgds,

Karl :)

Thanks, Karl. Yeah, the length did get a bit out of hand on this one. ...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 10:18:55 pm »
Mr. Wrangler –
Another great story! J Got me all teary again - but they were not tears of sadness, but tear of happiness for Ennis and Jack.   I just loved the line, “Jack had found an old pair of Ennis’s pajamas, clean but not used since the divorce.”  It sums up the huge difference between Ennis’ relationship with Jack and Alma so well!  I also liked the use of “if you can’t fix it you’ve got to stand it” in this context.  Please keep your storied coming!

Pete

Thanks, Pete! Actually, you zeroed in on two of the author's own favorite lines!
I'm not sure what's up about the review. I've read all that I've received as of this writing but didn't recognize any as you. On the other hand, with one of the earlier stories, I swear I got a notice of having received a review and then never found the review.
In any case I'm glad you liked the story. Thanks!