Author Topic: 123's of BBM game!  (Read 65254 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
123's of BBM game!
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:43:21 pm »
Hey everyone,

Here's a new game to play that takes its cue from both the ABCs game started by Will-U and our own BBM quiz game started by Ellemeno. There are dozens and dozens of lines in either the movie or the story that mention or show numbers. Lets see if we can name them all!

The rules:

1) Some one throws out a number that appears in the book or story. In most cases it will be a spoken line of dialogue. But in a few cases it may be a visual, rather than spoken, number (like a number on a postcard, for example).

2) Another person must quote the line (if it's heard) or describe the scene (if it's a visual) that shows that number.

3) That person must then put out a different number to keep the game going. Take turns so you are not the only one answering all the questions!
NOTE: If you think someone's answer is incorrect, quote their answer and explain, but you also need to answer the number being currently asked about, and put out a new number.

NOTE: Acceptable variants of numbers include things like once, twice, first, second, third, etc.

ALSO dates can be numbers. The month, date, and year count for their own separate numbers. So, if January 13th, 1982 were part of the story/movie, you could use January for 1, 13th for 13, and 1982 also could be a number to ask about. If the year is written or spoken like two digits, for example '99 for 1999, that would count as "99" officially.

SOME lines/visuals include two or more numbers, so they can be used multiple times, one time for each of the numbers.

FINALLY, don't forget fractions, numbers with decimals, and percentages!!

If possible, try to go in order of numbers ( a 1, then a 2, then a 3, etc). There are a lot of numbers in the first 10 (including some numbers smaller than 1!), so it is fine to come back with a new round and start over again with the ones we missed. Or, if you want to you can stay on a certain number for a while and see how many people can come up with.

But let's not get too fussy about the order, especially with fractions and percentages. if the order thing seems way too hard, forget it and just throw out numbers. I'll throw out ones if no-one else is...but I am working some in the tee shop tonight, so you may have to PM me to get me over there!

Remember, some things are in the book, but not the movie, and vice versa. By my count there are over 60 mentions of numbers, so we should be good for a while.

Me and Surf and Amy played a version of this game when we went drinking the other night. Hopefully they won't hog the game!!

So, to start us off, I'll put out one in word form:

#: Half

A: ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:17:02 am by Will-ABC »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: the 123's of BBM--a new game!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:51:27 pm »
"You wanna lose about half your f*uckin' teeth?"

#: 23

A: ?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:58:31 pm »
LOL! I think you may have thought I was littledarlin... is littledarlin Andrew?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 11:06:21 pm »
Oh yeah, your're right, sorry Mandy! You picked such a hard one! It's a visual am I right?

I'm thinking we should start off easy.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 11:08:04 pm »
no prob! it actually isn't a visual... LOL and I thought it was easy because it was the only one I could remember... but I just remembered that I got the number wrong anyway, sorry... it's actually

#: 24

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 11:11:39 pm »
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong.
"comin through on the 24 th see if your there"
postcard

If I'm right...then    5
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 11:12:40 pm »
interesting! I'm not sure if that's right, it isn't the one I was thinking of... but it sounds right! LOL

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 11:15:24 pm »
You would think after 20 viewings and countless clips on the computer, I should have every number burned in my brain.. ???
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 11:16:31 pm »
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong.
"comin through on the 24 th see if your there"
postcard

If I'm right...then    5

Well, you're close! it's "comin through on the 24th
drop me a line, say if your there."

I'll let someone else tackle the 5....of which there is more than one!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 11:17:07 pm »
Wedding'll be June 5 at the Methodist Church

24 again
Ich bin ein Brokie...