Author Topic: Save Money - Free 411  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Save Money - Free 411
« on: September 01, 2006, 05:56:29 pm »
Two toll free directory assistance providers offer absolutely no charge directory assistance service across the United States.  I have found these very useful, especially with a mobile phone.  Using them means you don't have to pay $1-2 for directory assistance through your local or wireless phone carrier.

Both are advertiser-supported - you listen to a 15 second ad before you get your number.

1-800-FREE411 - This one will give you a short tutorial the first time you call (it remembers your phone number), so the first time you use it, it might seem a bit ponderous.  Subsequent calls work faster.  This one is usually completely automated, recognizing your voice commands.  You usually never talk to an operator.

1-800-411SAVE - This one is slightly faster because it relies on human operators who take your inquiry and then an automated system reads the number (along with a short ad).

BTW, you can get news headlines, sports, movie theater times and other related information 24/7 using a free automated service - TELLME.  It is on 1-800-555-TELL.  It recognizes your location by your phone number, saving a lot of time for things like local weather, movie times, and the current time.  The system is completely automated.

All of these are toll-free (airtime minutes from mobile phones are still deducted however)!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Save Money - Free 411
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:11:55 am »
Phillip, thank you!

I tried this tonight, easy as a piece o' diner apple pie!  For those of us who don't sell BIG farm equipment, but just have to be there when the heifers calve...   er...   I mean....   ::)   
I appreciate the savings, let's just leave it at that!

:laugh:

Melinda
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Save Money - Free 411 & Free Long Distance Calls to Businesses
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:40:34 pm »
Here is another one I found that provides free directory assistance listings for businesses -and- will automatically connect your call to any business listing it finds with no long distance fees.

1-877-520-FIND
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming