Author Topic: San Francisco BBM Poster still up!; Cowboy Charcoal; Never Enough Time  (Read 4361 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Those of you who joined us back in June for that 11 person/two tiny car tour of San Francisco (with the two scrawny asses in the front passenger bucket seat) may remember that we showed you a BBM poster on a wall at the Tower Records parking lot at Bay Street and Columbus Avenue in North Beach.  I passed by there today after havin' lunch with my friend Paul, who's seen BBM a few times and Jack and Ennis are still there!!!

Then I went to Trader Joes' and discovered that they had a big display of "Cowboy Charcoal" with a picture of a cowboy on a buckin' broc on the bag.

Then, while I was on the bus readin an excitin' article about road pavement  :o ::), in Bicycleing Magazine, I read that "There's never enough time, or money, to fix every road . . . "

Pete
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 02:28:47 pm by ptannen »
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: San Francisco BBM Poster still up!; Cowboy Charcoal; Never Enough Time
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:02:29 pm »
Wow, Pete, that's great news about 'the boys' still being at Tower!  And, being the driver of the tiny car that held the 'two scrawny asses' in the bucket seat (and gear shift  :o ) next to me--   of course I remember!  That was a memorable night, all right....  our original configuration had Pete horizontal across the men in the back seat (Juan, Nipith and Kirk), which didn't work out too well, since Pete couldn't get a good view out the window to be our tour guide.  So, that's how they ended up there....  Pete by the front window and Kirk nearly riding the gear shift!  ;D

You better watch it there, Pete, don't go reading too many 'road pavement' articles, especially in public.  We don't want you to get excited to the point of people on the pavement lookin' at you like they all know!  (About your 'road pavement' obsession, of course  ;) ;D )

Melinda
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:37:52 am »
We really need a picture of that billboard taken before it's gone!

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 02:48:22 am »
Well, that could be the first use of my new digital camera  :)  And while I'm in the neighborhood, I could pick up a bag of cowboy charcoal at Trader Joes . . . but I doen't have a BBQ!  :laugh:

Pete

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 03:07:53 am »
We really need a picture of that billboard taken before it's gone!

Here you go Eric.  Found it on the DC site.  If it stays up any longer, you might have to redirect that vine!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 03:20:09 am by adrian.delmar »
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 03:17:46 am »
Those of you who joined us back in June for that 11 person/two tiny car tour of San Francisco (with the two scrawny asses in the front passenger bucket seat) may remember that we showed you a BBM poster on a wall at the Tower Records parking lot at Bay Street and Columbus Avenue in North Beach.  I passed by there today after havin' lunch with my friend Paul, who's seen BBM a few times and Jack and Ennis are still there!!!

Then I went to Trader Joes' and discovered that they had a big display of "Cowboy Charcoal" with a picture of a cowboy on a buckin' broc on the bag.

Then, while I was on the bus readin an excitin' article about road pavement  :o ::), in Bicycleing Magazine, I read that "There's never enough time, or money, to fix every road . . . "

Pete

Hey Pete,

That's serendipity.  Happens to me all the time.  That's how special this movie is for us.  I remember, when getting in to my rental car heading from the hotel back to Aunties backyard (The Texas BBQ), the digital odometer, in bright red numbers read 1963!  Made me smile.

-adrian
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 03:23:59 am by adrian.delmar »
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 09:54:45 pm »
Thanks for getting the pic Adrian!  :D

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 09:18:42 pm »
Update on the BBM Poster/Billboard at Tower Records in SF (Bay and Columbus Streets) - It is still there as of 10-28-06!  Since Tower Records is going out of business, it may be there for quite a while longer!

Pete

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 12:21:36 am »
I missed this thread the first time around.  Just want to say my scrawny ass was in that car too, and Pete was a wonderful guide, and Melinda a wonderful chaffeuse.

And oh - my ass isn't scrawny, but it was fun to say so for one brief sentence. :)

Update on the BBM Poster/Billboard at Tower Records in SF (Bay and Columbus Streets) - It is still there as of 10-28-06!  Since Tower Records is going out of business, it may be there for quite a while longer!

Pete

Maybe it's up for grabs... "We're here to guard the posters, not take 'em down in the middle of the night and sneak 'em home..."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 12:23:38 am by Ellemeno »

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 12:25:57 am »
Maybe it's up for grabs... "We're here to guard the posters, not take 'em down in the middle of the night and sneak 'em home..."

Clarissa

Hmmmmmmm  I hadn't thought of that!  It's very tempting!!   ;)

Pete