Author Topic: BBM Therapy  (Read 9057 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: BBM Therapy
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 01:30:53 am »
Yep Jenny, that's it. Are you really going to come see us Chicagoans? I hope you can make it!

Good night Andrew. Remember: extra blanket....

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 11:35:31 am »

Don't try and fool me no more Andrew! Yaadpyar? Yaad Nasty!

OMG Court - you are too much for me...  ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;)

:angel:
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 11:47:00 am »
Thanks for sharing this, all you guys.  There's nothing more I can add, but ditto.  :)
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 12:26:44 pm »
I feel like we were/are a community of souls who are connected somehow, and BBM was the catalyst to bring us into overt community.

Yeehaw.  Thanks for starting this thread, Celeste and Andrew.  :angel:

There is a special kind of emotional satisfaction that comes from sharing feelings with online friends.  There's a freedom and sympathy and playfulness and joy that springs from being unfettered by the physical/temporal limits of "real life" friendships.  You can go to the well at any time and drink deep and be renewed.  Lovely!

I didn't know the joys of this before "The Fellowship of the Ring" smacked me upside the head and sent me looking online for someone to talk to about it.  I've made good friends in that fandom and have traveled many places and expanded my life incredibly as a result.  A few of those pals also have the Brokeback gene, and we've had a lot of great discussions about Our Boys, too.  Because of them I sought out imdb and found y'all.  It's all good.

I'm glad to be living in a time when technology allows this communing with kindred spirits from all over the world.  And I'm doubly glad that "Brokeback Mountain" was filmed now, so that its message and beauty can be shared so widely. 

Someone just mentioned on another thread that Ang Lee said some stories wait patiently to be told and then make themselves happen when the time is right.  He is a wise, wise man!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 12:29:11 pm »

Someone just mentioned on another thread that Ang Lee said some stories wait patiently to be told and then make themselves happen when the time is right.  He is a wise, wise man!  :-*

Yeehaw, indeed!  Salutations to the high Priestess...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 12:42:04 pm »
Thanks for sharing this, you guys. Frankly, I often wonder about the depth of my devotion to BBM. I mean, I love the movie completely. I think about it constantly. I watch the good YouTube videos over and over. I enjoy spending time on these boards. But ...

... what is it with me that I have spent two and a half MONTHS thinking constantly -- and I do mean constantly -- about a movie that only lasts 134 minutes? Two and a half YEARS from now, do I really want to be thinking constantly about the same 134 minutes of celluloid? If not, how do I get from point A to point B?

I feel very Ennis-like about all this. My love is genuine, but it kind of freaks me out. Some of you more Jack-like people may be impatient with my self-doubting attitude, but there it is. It's a goddam bitch of an unsatisfactory situation, because what do I do about it? Move to Wyoming and start a little cow-and-calf operation?   :-\ :-\ :-\

Anyway, I'm so happy to know you guys and remember that I'm not the only one who's like this.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 01:14:55 pm »
DOn't worry too much about it latjoreme. We're not missing a whole lot out there. Every once in a whale, I turn on the radio or TV or pick up a newspaper but then I put it down again fast (as if I touched fire!) before the world can intrude. I'm sure I'm not the only 1 here who actually dreams about BBM (...sometimes the pillow, sometimes the sheets...) and the movie/board/my life has gotten mixed up together in such a way that it is as inextricable as two herds of sheep. I'm sure people will look back at this passage of my life and say I left some strays up on Brokeback mountain, and furthermore, some of the woolies I now carry around in my head never went up there w/me in the first place, but I have no regrets. I'll hang around w/you fellow Brokies for as long as we can ride em!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 03:03:00 pm »
Now that all that sillyness from last night is out of my system (for now anyway), ahem...

You all have a much better way with words than I do, so I'll keep it brief. I usually don't feel comfortable sharing personal feelings with people. Basically only my mom, my dad (depending what it's about), and my best friend. However, there are things that I don't even feel comfortable talking to them about that I've discussed here. This whole internet community thing is new to me. At first I shared things because of the annonymity (sp?) factor (I'll never meet these people, who cares what they know about me?) But now that I have met a couple (love you guys!) I REALLY want to meet more. For all of us here, there is no way for us to understand ALL of what any other person has been through, but we all have sort of a common denominator of what we CAN all understand. No one in my life gets this thing that grabs hold of me besides you lovely folks. And for that I thank you. I love my time spent with you.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 02:35:57 pm »
Still ridin' em!! There ain't no reins on this one!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 02:48:32 pm »
I love to reread this xchange sometimes, so BUMP, for y'all. Love when Andrew said, "it just feels like something i want to, and have to do." That is xactly the way it is for me, too.