Author Topic: How many times...  (Read 14218 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: How many times...
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 04:45:02 pm »
I changed the poll to remove 'in the theatre' so we can keep up with total viewings.  I'm stopping my personal count with 19 theatre viewings.

...Brokeback Fever had hit me so hard:  walked around like a zombie, couldn't concentrate, would unexpectedly burst into tears, lost a lot of sleep.  And my fears came true:  my symptoms spiked after the second time.

How in the world could anyone stand so many viewings?!?  I wudda ended up institutionalized, for damned sure.

We've been talking some in the Ladies' Corner about the need to be institutionalized. :) Seriously, this has worked its way into my subconscious and my dreams in a way nothing else I can ever remember.  I have had all the symptoms you mention plus the Brokeback evangelism problem where I'm nearly desperate for someone I know to understand this (and they do not - so you can add disappointment and frustration to the list).  I'll think I'm over the evangelism once and for all, and then something will spark an idea and I'm off again.

I've made a pact with myself that I WILL NOT visit this board during work hours.  The past few weeks, if I ever get here, the next thing I know, hours have elapsed....probably not a good career move.

For me it's not a matter of 'standing' so many viewings, but more of a compulsion to see it again.  I think I am only really processing my feelings about it a little bit at a time and being engrossed there on Brokeback is giving me the space to work on them.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 01:23:28 pm »
hey, I'm in the top six..always nice to be in the top six...I think I'll go watch my lousy DVD on my lousier DVD player...ya got somethin', it's better'n nothin'

CLICK TO ENLARGE...and--you can slide it around, too (gee, I usually post the other one..)The others are also among o my favorites:

I never said: 25 times in the theater, and my fantastic laptop will be home tomorrow aftrer a trip to Ohio, AND I get to see it on a huge, magnificent Sony, with the best DVD equipment in the country tomorrow too-made a convert.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:00:12 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 02:21:33 pm »
I saw it 5 times in theatres. Before BBM, I had never seen a movie more than twice in theatres.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 11:23:41 am »
I saw this very great film five times in the theatre. I would have gone even more, if the last theatre in the area showing it had not pulled the film the weekend before the DVD was released.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:17:56 pm by moremojo »

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 04:51:24 pm »
Update:  I made it to 38 theatre viewings.   ;D

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 07:41:22 pm »
I've only seen it 4 times believe it or not....including both theaters and DVD...

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 10:11:40 am »
I've only seen it 4 times believe it or not....including both theaters and DVD...

Me too.  Twice in the theatres and twice at home.  Brokeback Mountain is now filed away in my collection cabinets.

There are two reasons:  1) my symptoms of Brokeback Fever spike after every viewing; and 2) I fear that seeing it too often  within too little time between viewings will make it lose its magic.

Each time I've seen it, there are new things to discover and other things I've forgotten about, and this helps me keep it all fresh.
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

TJ

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 02:48:26 pm »
I could only afford to see the movie in a theater only once. But, I have viewed the DVD Movie 3 times at home. I am going to take the DVD back up to my friend Ken's next week because he wants to see it again and see what he missed the first time.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 02:06:58 am »
Lynne -

>30 for me! Have you ever seen that sign with the thermometer and the liquid is splurting out of the top? This would be me when it comes to this question. It's off the charts (and actually I am a little embarrassed to admit it). I just love this movie!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 01:29:01 pm »
David,

No need to be embarassed ;)  You're among friends, believe me.  19 was my magic number in the theatre.  Then I stopped counting.  I stopped mentioning it to most other folks in my life when they started giving me sideways looks and suggesting therapy. ::)

I'm glad you're here!

Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."