Author Topic: How many times...  (Read 14223 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: How many times...
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 08:46:07 pm »
Update: I have watched the film once all the way through on my DVD copy. That's right--only once so far! It's hard to explain, but watching the movie in my home is unusually heart-wrenching--it was one thing to experience the movie in the theatre and take the memory of it and all its attendant emotions  home with you, it's quite another to have that happen directly in your abode. The movie is somehow too powerful for that space.

So I revisit the boys via the DVD in increments, very rarely venturing past their departure from the mountain. In my heart, that's where I want to think of them being always.

Ditto here.  I've yet to watch it all the way through at home.  I made it through lucky 13 viewings at the theaters and was just emotionally trashed each time.

mvansand76

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 11:22:30 am »
It has now been three weeks since I last saw BBM, I haven't even seen ONE scene. It's hard, but it's for a good cause, I was getting tired of it, to be honest, and I NEVER want that to happen. All in all, I have seen the movie in the cinema 4 times and twice on DVD, but I have watched seperate scenes a more than that I guess.

I made it through lucky 13 viewings at the theaters and was just emotionally trashed each time.

I felt the same way, I couldn't communicate properly anymore!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2006, 02:05:56 am »
I just upgraded my vote to over 30....

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 12:42:56 pm »
I just upgraded mine to 16-20.   ;D
No more beans!

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 07:46:21 pm »
I can no longer upgrade since last time.  I'm approaching 100 I think.  Still produce tears in me.  I don't watch it everyday anymore, but I'll never get tired of it.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 12:27:40 pm »
I've seen it an even dozen times in the theaters, counting the trip to Bay City.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 08:13:26 pm »
Following my two viewings at the BBQ I am up to 20.

I watched it once in a big room full of Brokies, which everybody sat in reverent silence. Then the next night I watched with about half a dozen other Brokies, and we stopped the DVD every couple of minutes to comment on symbolism, subtexts, double meanings, bloopers, subtleties, favorite observations and everything else we could think of. It took us five hours to get through 134 minutes!

Both were peak Brokie experiences.

:D  :-*

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 01:03:44 pm »

It would be interesting to see how this poll might change for some of us old-timers at this stage, over 2 years out.

Do folks still keep track of their numbers-of-times-viewed?  I really stopped keepin track a long time ago.  But, on average I'd say I watch about once every 2 months.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 01:32:45 pm »
Good question. I haven't watched it since the five-hour annotated viewing at the BBQ, last Memorial Day weekend. So it's been more than a year!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

It really surprises me to realize that.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 01:37:30 pm »
We'll be watching in high-definition on Tuesday night from our perch in the Tetons, starting around 9:30 pm Mountain Daylight Time at the Wyoming Roundup. Join in with us, everyone!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"