Author Topic: Ebert & Roeper  (Read 2443 times)

EnnisDelMar

Ebert & Roeper
« on: April 03, 2006, 01:22:26 am »
I was just watching E&R and Roeper recommended Brokeback for his thumbs up video pick, Roger said it was a film that moved him very deeply, and they both agreed it was a great film..didn't mention anything about the "Brokeback Bitching"...maybe they learned their lesson >:D lol

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Ebert & Roeper
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:30:11 am »
Ebert's getting as bad as...anyway, glad he liked the DVD..mine shipped...due the 6th, but it's get here quicker (e erything does)...ohboyohboyohboy.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:43:06 am »
Yeah, I saw that last night and was pretty annoyed with Ebert.  I'm glad Roeper chose BBM as his video pick.  Can't imagine it wouldn't be.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:30:35 am »
Please do *not* read this as defending their pro-Crash Oscar campaigns or their post-Oscar comments, which disappointed me as much as anyone else. 

But rewinding prior to all that B.S., they did both put BBM in their Top 10 lists for 2005 - and they only matched up on half of the films they each included (the others were Munich, Crash, Syriana, and Nine Lives, which I hadn't heard of).  That still says a lot.

I'm only now starting to accept that not everyone is going to see this film and be touched to the level that we all have been, to where almost nothing else will ever hold a candle to it.  But I do think E&R recognize the film as a quality piece of cinema worthy of recognition, even if it's not to the same degree that we and millions of others believe it should have been.  And it's good to know that despite the post-Oscar backlash, that at least they can step back and still recommend the film.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:35:06 am by amh625 »
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:38:37 am »
I'm over it, I mean I still watch E&R every week.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 11:49:39 am »
Good to know that, Brandon.  However, it will be a long time before I watch that show again, if ever.  There are too many painful associations, and a truckload of lost respect.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...