Author Topic: The Academy trying to prove it's not homophobic?  (Read 14054 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Academy trying to prove it's not homophobic?
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 03:34:42 pm »
Now I especially take back everything, Barb. With all these boycotts, you've found a great way to simplify your life!   There's just way too much to do/read/watch/hear/pay attention to these days. :D

I hear ya.  I should just take that final step and say, "You know what - I'm just never gonna watch anything on TV again."  Now if I could just find some arbitrary reason to boycott this site, I'd finally have time to get caught up on all my reading.   ;)
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 03:54:33 pm »
Now if I could just find some arbitrary reason to boycott this site, I'd finally have time to get caught up on all my reading.   ;)

Good idea, but I think you have it backwards. Find an arbitrary reason to boycott all books, magazines and newspapers, so you can devote all your time to this site!  ;D

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 06:26:49 pm »
Good idea, but I think you have it backwards. Find an arbitrary reason to boycott all books, magazines and newspapers, so you can devote all your time to this site!  ;D

Boycotting other things is how I stay sane.

(I boycott TV because 1) I can't get any broadcast stations, and 2) satellite is awfully expensive for something I'm not really going to watch. I've spent my whole adult life either with no television set or, later, with no TV reception. And it's given me a lot more time to hang out on the computer. ;D )
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 06:33:41 pm »
Find an arbitrary reason to boycott all books, magazines and newspapers....

Well, the fact that they do not go on endlessly about the wonder and awe of Brokeback Mountain and everyone and everything contained therein, could be an arbitrary reason good as any, IMO. ;)

If they add insult to injury through instead including content a la this ABC "docudrama", or films a la Crash or from Lions Gate instead of a steady stream of Heath and Jake films - well there's a bunch of other reasons right there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:35:54 pm by Mikaela »