Author Topic: DVD Advertisement on front page of IMDb (TV commercial)  (Read 8792 times)

slayers_creek_oth

DVD Advertisement on front page of IMDb (TV commercial)
« on: April 03, 2006, 01:51:08 pm »
If you go to the front page of IMDb there is a DVD advertisement not only on the page itself but a window on the top that has a clip (TV commercial) advertising the DVD.....it must be the one they are gonna use after tomorrow because it says "Own Brokeback Mountain on DVD today"......check it out...

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
Re: DVD Advertisement on front page of IMDb (TV commercial)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:55:47 pm »
Haha I just noticed this and started a new thread on it myself (I'll delete it)!

But yeah - even though it's totally motivated by Amazon wanting to increase its sales, it's still fun to see BBM dominate their home page today!!!!!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:56:49 pm »
And the movie of the day is 10 Things I Hate About You and they say this about Heath:

Ten Reasons To Like Ten Things I Hate About You: 1) Heath Ledger - or rather, Heath Ledger's saucy grin (the rest of him is fine, but his smile could put a chandelier works out of business);

and this:

7) Ledger's serenading of "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" to a slowly melting Stiles; it's corny but effective, and Ledger is a bad enough singer to make it work;

I've gotta rent that movie...I've never seen it.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 01:58:36 pm »
I've gotta rent that movie...I've never seen it.

Yes, do rent it - it's a teen movie, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  It's really cute, and Heath's character is just adorable.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 02:00:39 pm »
Its good in teen film terms.  Heath is a little crazy...got the long hair thing goin...

Its worth the rent....especially if your a Heath fan - its pretty much his first mainstream film.....

But I will also say that he has come a LONG way though.......
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 02:05:22 pm by slayers_creek_oth »

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 02:01:22 pm »
No, I'm not bitter, cause the lack of IMDB support for thoughtful fans of BBM led us to this wonderful place, and the more advertising for BBM the better, but still...allow me at least one of Ennis' emphatic Hunhs, and maybe a Hmmphf
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 02:05:10 pm »
I saw that too

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 02:14:34 pm »
I was so happy to see it! I started skipping around my house and singing "It is coming, yay, it is coming!" then my mum asked me, "why are you so happy? It's not out here for another 21 days!" I then stubbed my toe on my coffee table. I quickly gave her the evils >:D and kept on skipping, nothing was going to spoil my mood..........
Until I came on bettermost (which normally makes me happier)and was going to re-post the quizes that I started on TOB when I found out they were gone. I was, and still am, sooooooooooo p!ssed! >:( :'( >:( :'( >:( STUPID TROLLS!

If anyone has my quizzes from TOB saved, please PM them to me and I will love you for ever!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 02:16:00 pm »
Are those damn trolls still tearing that place apart? 

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 02:22:24 pm »
I mean on the old board! Sorry if there was any misunderstanding! :angel:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.