Author Topic: When You Die or Know You Will  (Read 2685 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
When You Die or Know You Will
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:19:23 am »
No, first of all, I am not getting ready to die that I know of. I just have an interesting question for people to give their thoughts about. When you die or when you are told you will very soon do you regret doing those things that you did not do because of other people or your feelings for them?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: When You Die or Know You Will
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:39:38 am »
Do you mean, would I regret doing things, or would I regret NOT doing things? I personally feel that I would not have any regrets, because I believe in reincarnation, so whatever I do not get a chance to do in this life, I will have another chance in a future existence. That's unless I manage to become so enlightened that I hop off the wheel of karma and life altogether, which is certainly not going to happen to me for another millennium or so!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline robin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:13:11 pm »
No, first of all, I am not getting ready to die that I know of. I just have an interesting question for people to give their thoughts about. When you die or when you are told you will very soon do you regret doing those things that you did not do because of other people or your feelings for them?

no, I will regret not doing what I wanted to do because I was waiting for the perfect time. Life is short, you can't wait until everything is perfectly aligned. If you want to go to Hawaii, then go - dont' wait until the mortgage is paid, or the car has a new muffler. Live.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:57:23 pm »
I think well before I get to worrying over things I didn't do, I'll be worrying over the stupid things I've said and done that hurt other people, the "I'm sorry"'s that never got said, the broken bridges that never got mended, the people who once meant a lot and were allowed to slip away.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.