Author Topic: Things that aren't directly connected to BBM and yet are somehow Brokieish  (Read 247731 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....

After the infamous hail storm, the Basques began to have increasingly interesting experiences...
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Thought it was just me, that got that brokie magic feeling when I see the Focus Features opening.....but once again, now realize, its just part of the whole phenomena that makes us Brokies who we are, and how we feel.

The thing I love about the Focus Features opening is the two colors they use...Jack Blue and Ennis Tan. Also the way the round orbs are out of focus and then they come into sharp focus, just as Ennis does in the lake scene when he fights with Jack.

Today in the shower I was thinking to myself and thought, "What does that have to do with the price of china in Texas?" Seemed kind of a Brokieish thing to say.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
I think I'll win the prize for the most ridiculous answer here.

:laugh:

Barbara Streisand.

Allow me to explain.

Barbara Streisand was in the movie "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever"  (1970), it's some sort of romantic comedy, I've never seen it, but knew of it.

One of the trailers that played during Brokeback was "On A Clear Day", (2005) a Focus Features film about Frank Redmond, a man who swims the English Channel.

On DCF  as Brokeback was nearing the end of its run, we were discussing what we would miss when the movie is out of the theaters.  I was reading the thread at work, and someone posted that one thing they would NOT miss was the trailer for "On A Clear Day".  I scrolled down, and found the following reply:

" 'On a Clear Day?'....Is that the film where Barbara Streisand swims the English Channel?"

I laughed so hard that people came over to ask what was so funny, and from that day on, anytime I hear "On A Clear Day", or someone mentions Barbara Streisand, that memory pops in my head.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
" 'On a Clear Day?'....Is that the film where Barbara Streisand swims the English Channel?"

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Oh, yes I had that trailer practically memorized, and everyone in it had thick Scottish accents. When it started, I was always scrambling for the remote so I could fast forward through the trailers to get to the good stuff!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Things that aren't directly connected to BBM and yet are somehow Brokieish
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2012, 01:22:26 am »

Meanwhile....

http://nymag.com/thecut/2012/09/sheep-in-bryant-park-amuses-pedestrians-dog.html

Flock of Sheep in Bryant Park
Amuses Pedestrians,
Confuses a Dog

By Charlotte Cowles
Yesterday at 5:57 PM

As part of Prince Charles's Campaign for Wool, which comes to the U.S. for the first time this year, a flock of sheep was herded into Bryant Park this morning, where they stood in a glass pen, munched hay, and baa'd while onlookers (and at least one confused dog) observed them. Sadly, Prince Charles was not in attendance to marvel at the wool-filled fountain or the sofas upholstered with the British flag.

A meeting of the minds:

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2012, 11:08:17 am »
 ;D  ::)  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »
Yes, it's getting to be the time of year when they bring the sheep down and parade them thru town. But Prince Charles as a shepherd? I can see that!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2012, 04:31:27 am »
There must be a pun in there somewhere....

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2012, 08:47:49 am »
Yep, Lynne, we had a thread about it.

OK, so here's my list (for now)... and clearly many of these have already been mentioned by others.

LOL, K, I like that you mentioned fish tacos in your first post... because that's the first thing that springs to mind for me.

Some of these are more obvious than others (and LOL, I'm already realizing that this list is coming out stream-of-consciousness style  ;D ):

coffee
whiskey
cherries (these first 3 may be too obvious)
fish tacos
red velvet cake
New York/ Brooklyn
Seattle
Denver/Colorado
Wyoming - especially Cheyenne
fried pickles
Elks lodges
pick up trucks
Batman (anything having to do with Batman now for me...)
the Lonesome Dove series of books and the mini-series
internet forums
Striped Wall
imdb
Google Images
dive bars
PBR stuff (or any rodeo, bull riding stuff)
western gear
trailer parks
feathers
yes, and like Sason said... usage of words like "friend" and "Bud"

more later probably...

Also, here's the link to the thread about images that are somehow "obliquely" related to BBM or BetterMost: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,27106.0.html