Author Topic: Votes needed - choose a pattern  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Votes needed - choose a pattern
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 12:36:56 am »
I was going to vote for Number 4 this time, but I guess the polll is closed. Chrissi, don't be afraid to paint your walls red. My friend Adam painted his hallway red and put up a red stop sign, and it looks terrific!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 06:37:05 am »
I was going to vote for Number 4 this time, but I guess the polll is closed. Chrissi, don't be afraid to paint your walls red. My friend Adam painted his hallway red and put up a red stop sign, and it looks terrific!

Thanks for reminding me of this thread, FRiend.

The work is done meanwhile. In the end, I threw caution to the wind and went with pattern # 1, the one with the most red in it.

I think it turned out great, even though we had kind of a mishap, which will be corrected at some later point. Here are some pics of my new living room. It still needs some finishing: lamps, new curtains (maybe also drapery), book shelves and correcting the mistake.

In the second pic you can see the mistake: the red lines should go down behind the sofa. We had measured the old sofa, then added some centimeters and thought we'd be on the safe side with that. Turned out we weren't :laugh:.

We'll extend the red stripes downwards later. At the moment, the mere thought of my men (hubby and FIL) busying with red paint in the new living room makes me nervous, LOL.
On the left wall (opposite the window wall) there should go all-white bookshelves from almost top to bottom. But I like the room as it is now, I don't want to have it more narrow with an all-shelf-wall :-\. On the other side, we need to put our books somehwere, there are thousands of them.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 10:21:12 am »
... we need to put our books somehwere, there are thousands of them.

When I got to this, I heard Jack's voice saying "There are a thousand of them."  ;D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 10:30:44 am »
Very cool, Chrissi!  I like it.  As for the "mistake," well, it looks like maybe a few extra large throw pillows, strategically placed, might do the trick!  ;D
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain