Author Topic: Olli and Christian  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Olli and Christian
« on: January 03, 2010, 01:33:51 pm »
I just stumbled on a site that has the Oliver and Christian storyline pulled out of the German series Verbotene Liebe (Forbidden Love), with English subtitles.  I missed all of this when the original story of Oliver and Christian falling in love appeared a few years ago.  I find the story and the actors quite appealing, and I always prefer to follow a story like this in concentrated doses as this site lets you.

Like so many drama series, it took a little while to draw me into it.  Though it includes some of the conventions for this series format, a lot of the writing is way better than most of the series manage and I think the acting is too.  By Parts 14 and 15 at the campfire, with Christian's brother's teasing reference to sighing cowboys and a new guitar theme which comes back at appropriate moments later in the story, Christian is over his first tense reactions to his new gay housemate and starts to trust him enough to talk about personal things.   

So here is the link for anyone who wants to check it out:

http://oliverandchristianwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Oliver+and+Christian%27s+story+with+English+subs

The episodes are the usual under-10-minute length Youtube allows, which you could call 'inconveniently handy'.  Meaning, it's too easy to listen to the next one because you know just one more part will not be a major time expenditure.  I found myself getting a bad case of the Just-one-mores after the first hour...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:15:23 pm by Andrew »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Olli and Christian
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:17 pm »
This sounds like a wonderful story, Andrew. I wish I wasn't on a dial-up connection so I could watch it. I'll be switching over to wireless broadband within the next couple of months and just as soon as I do I'll check it out. I love foreign films and series so I'm certain I will like it. It sounds like a beautiful story. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Olli and Christian
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:32:32 am »
The actor who plays Christian, Thore Scholermann, confirms something I couldn't help wondering as I watched his performance:

"I gained inspiration from the movie Brokeback Mountain. I know that might be a little exaggerated but I try to aim high. After watching that movie I was surprised in a positive way. The movie showed how realistically and beautifully you can portray the love between two men."