Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698538 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #820 on: November 12, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »
Yes, I agree you ate like a normal person, Jeff.

Speaking of burgers, I was asked to make a food run by my friends yesterday at lunchtime since they were involved in an intense cement pouring project. They directed me to this place called Smashburger. The burgers there WERE delicious...I had one called the Colorado with some spicy unusual ingredients. I also tried the fries...sweet potato fries with a dusting of rosemary, pepper and salt. They were pretty good too. That place was so popular with a line going out the door! I still prefer Larkburger, which has a great ahi tuna burger with wasabi mustard...but you probably wouldn't even call it a burger!!

But I'm not advocating eating burgers for lunch! I ended up skipping dinner altogether, I was so stuffed. This even after pitching in and doing several hours of cement work myself!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #821 on: November 12, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »
Smashburger sounds very interesting! I'll have to remember it for my next visit to Denver.  :)

The tuna burger sounds interesting, too.

Do you recall if they had a turkey burger on their menu?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #822 on: November 12, 2011, 07:38:08 pm »
For all my pissing and moaning about my weight, yesterday I ate like a normal person.

For breakfast I had one egg, fried hard; two turkey sausage patties; one serving of Quaker Instant Grits (with margarine and salt); one banana; two cups of coffee, with one teaspoon each of unrefined sugar and enough whole milk to lighten the coffee.

Lunch was an Italian hoagie (aka sub, grinder), one serving of pretzel nuggets, and one 12-oz can of Coke Classic.

Dinner was about a pint of Pennsylvania Dutch chicken pot pie (not a "pie," a chicken stew with egg noodles and potatoes); a large serving of fresh broccoli (I don't know how much it was by weight) with margarine and salt; one slice of bread with margarine; a large glass of water; and a slice of shoo-fly pie for dessert.

In the evening I had half a bottle (about 10 oz) of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke, one serving of pretzel nuggets for a snack, and one scotch and water.

Ooops! I see I forgot to mention the Three Musketeers bar I had in the late afternoon.  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #823 on: November 12, 2011, 08:16:45 pm »
Haha, yes you ate like a normal person, who "forgets" the in-between stuff (I said I skipped dinner, but there was a point around 8 or 9 o'clock when I stuffed a handful of peanut butter pretzel pillows in my mouth).

It was wonderful to wake up thin this morning after yesterday's exertions. I had a good breakfast (grits with an egg on top) and skipped lunch. For dinner, we just unloaded all the leftovers that have built up over the week. There was roast beef and grilled chicken, rice, and zucchini, spinach and broccoli. I would have liked another veg or two and some fruit. I skipped the beef and rice, but it was great to see so many munchies all laid out!

I checked the Smashburger site. They are all over, in various states, but their menus vary by state. In Colorado they have no turkey burgers, but several different versions of chicken burgers.

In about two weeks, you'll be able to get turkey burgers chez Lee! We have a humongous bird in our freezer and we'll gonna start the thawing on the 18th and the brining on the 22nd.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #824 on: November 13, 2011, 11:18:14 am »
Here's the map, Jeff.

http://www.smashburger.com/locations.php

None in Philadelphia, but you might be in one of the other cities before you get to Denver. I see there are several near me.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #825 on: November 13, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »
Here's the map, Jeff.

http://www.smashburger.com/locations.php

None in Philadelphia, but you might be in one of the other cities before you get to Denver. I see there are several near me.

Thanks. This morning via text message I got an invitation to mix concrete for eight hours and then go to Smashburger.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #826 on: November 13, 2011, 07:08:40 pm »
Thanks. This morning via text message I got an invitation to mix concrete for eight hours and then go to Smashburger.  ;D

Oh, I have a feeling my days as Chuck's "mud bitch" are numbered!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #827 on: November 13, 2011, 07:43:50 pm »
Oh, I have a feeling my days as Chuck's "mud bitch" are numbered!

:laugh:

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #828 on: November 30, 2011, 10:24:50 am »

Now here's a real  pie chart!

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/what-200-calories-your-favorite-pies-looks

What 200 Calories of Your Favorite Pies Looks Like
By Karen Borsari

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #829 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:22 am »
Looks like blueberry might be your best bet if you want to try to maximize the size of the slice and minimize the calories and fat. Plus, aren't blueberries full of antioxidants, er sumpin'?