Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 704576 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #860 on: February 08, 2013, 10:17:58 am »
Earlier this week I was pleased to notice that I seemed to have dropped a couple of pounds--unless, of course, my scale has broken.  :laugh:  Gave me hope that I might be able to drop a few more, after Fat Tuesday, when I get stricter about my intake. This morning my weight seemed to be back up a bit, perhaps reflecting a larger intake of carbs yesterday than previously in this week.  :-\

I guess carbs are my enemy.  :(

On the other hand, Jesus said to love your enemies. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #861 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:00 am »
Yup, I've let myself become a statistic, lose weight to gain it all back.

Well, I haven't gained it all back, that's a small consolation.  I'd be horrified if I had hit 300 pounds again.  That being said, I'm upset that I've let myself t back to 262 pounds.  That's the heaviest I've been in a long time.

A group of us have decided for Lent to do a "Biggest Loser" challenge, and put in $10.00 a piece.  On the Monday after Easter, we'll weigh in and see who has lost the biggest percentage of their body weight.  First weigh in was yesterday morning.  I have an extra incentive, as one of the people I work for has offered to pay me $1.00 for each pound I lose during Lent.

Everyone is doing their own diet/exercise routine, we're not reporting in for that, just the first and last weigh in.  I've opted to do the "SlimFast" diet.....a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and then a sensible dinner, light snacks in between.  Of course, if I knew what was sensible I wouldn't be back up to 262.

::) ::) ::)

Yesterday was the first day on the diet, and I was pretty surprised that I wasn't hungry all day long.  I also exercised twice yesterday, and today will be between 3 - 4 times. 

According to my scale at home, as well as the one here on the job we all weighed in on, I've lost 5 pounds.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #862 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:30 am »
scale today says I lost two more pounds.

I'm headed in the right direction.

No updates until Tuesday, I try to weigh myself every day, and I'm not up at 5am Sat or Sun, and Monday is a holiday.  Next time on the scale will be Tuesday.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #863 on: February 15, 2013, 05:47:31 pm »

Good luck with the weight loss, Chuck!   :-*

Although I have to say, in the long run I think a slower rate is more likely to keep the loss. (don't know how that came out grammatically, but you know what I mean)

However much we (us roly-polies) wish for a quick fix, the only lasting solution is a permanent change of life style.

I've lost about 8 kg (about 17-18 pounds) since last summer. It's not a lot, I know, but I prefer the slower rate and hope it will last.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #864 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:44 pm »
You are correct Sonja, a slower rate is better.  I usually don't "race" for weight loss.

however..... :laugh:

With this contest, we're not doing a "pound count" for the winner, it's a percentage of body weight lost.

Example, let's say my supervisor loses 15 pounds in 40 days.  Very doable.  However, that could be 10% of her body weight.

For me to match that, I'd have to lose 26 pounds in 40 days.  Not quite so doable. 

to be honest, i don't believe I'll win the competition, but I'm going in with the attitude that I will.  It will push me to stay on track, and that's to my benefit.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #865 on: February 17, 2013, 09:08:59 am »
Yeah, staying on track is the really hard part, imo.

In the start, it's pretty easy to lose weight, but it gets harder and harder along the way.

That's when you'll REALLY need your determination and endurance.

Good luck with it, Chuck!

As a matter of fact, I've lost about 9 kg, not 8. That is actually just about 10 % of my start weight. But it took me about 8 months.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #866 on: February 19, 2013, 07:04:21 am »

Since last Wednesday, I've lost 9 pounds.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #867 on: February 20, 2013, 12:01:50 pm »

Since last Wednesday (8 days ago), I've lost 11 pounds.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #868 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »
Good grief! How does one lose 11 pounds in only eight days?  :o

Congratulations, Honey!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #869 on: March 02, 2013, 09:42:28 pm »
Good grief! How does one lose 11 pounds in only eight days?  :o

Congratulations, Honey!  :D

Thanks!  Really watching my eating and working out.

LOL

I didn't weigh myself last week until Friday.  Sunday was the Oscars and I was at a party.  Monday I ran around getting chores done and didn't exercise, and Tuesday was cupcakes at bowling to celebrate all the February birthdays.  I knew I gained, and didn't want to discourage myself.

I worked out Wednesday and Thursday, and weighed myself on Friday.  I was still 251, so I was back down to my last "check in weight"......i've worked out Friday and Saturday and really watched  my eating.  I also plan on doing the same for Sunday, so I'm sure I'll have lost more weight on Monday when I weigh in.