Author Topic: Some technical questions about this forum.  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Some technical questions about this forum.
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:03:12 pm »
1. Can I stop my Email inbox from filling up with reply notifications?  I press the disable button each time I post but I still end up with a chockas inbox.

2. What is a "hidden' guest?

3. I noticed the "getting to know the neighbourhood" thread has started to drift. Is it possible to keep it at the top as I found it to be a great way to short cut, or am I just being lazy?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
Re: Some technical questions about this forum.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:13:16 pm »
1. Go to your profile. On the left, under Modify Profile, click Notifications and Email. There will be a button where you can turn off that feature.

2. Apparently hiding yourself is an option, but Phillip is getting rid of it sometime this week (the 5th I think I remember reading).

3. I just discovered recently, at the bottom of the page when you are looking at either the whole forum (such as Chez Tremblay) or a specific thread, there is a drop-down menu that says "Jump to." Makes it easy!

Hope that helped!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 05:15:25 pm »
Hi, Ray. What was your name on IMDb?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:16:13 pm »
Thanks Courtney.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 05:17:33 pm »
You bet.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:58:55 pm »
Hi Ray (former Ray-390) with the cute naked yellow butt.  Thanks for the avatar!

We can sticky the intro thread, but it would be GREAT for everyone to introduce themselves on the Welcome Thread in the BetterMost Forums home page.  There's a wonderful community already here who are really intersted in getting to know us (which you know, since you already posted there!).

So - for everyone - maybe give that a try, and then we don't have lots of different intro threads floating around that are hard to find.  Thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

TheStudDuck

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 06:57:59 pm »
2. Apparently hiding yourself is an option, but Phillip is getting rid of it sometime this week (the 5th I think I remember reading).

He's getting rid of the hiding option!?!  What!?!  Why!?!  Noooooo!  I like hiding...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 07:02:15 pm »

He's getting rid of the hiding option!?!  What!?!  Why!?!  Noooooo!  I like hiding...

David - check the post from Phillip explaining the end of the "hidden" feature.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 07:04:05 pm »
So Studly is the hider around here....interesting. Why do you like hiding from us Studly? *Sniff* You don't want us to know you're here?!

TheStudDuck

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 07:11:48 pm »
I made my post about it in the official thread for the deactivation of it... I have my full explanation of it and all... I've just been hiding this week while I've been having my "me time."  That's all.