Author Topic: Brightest Full Moon of 2010--Friday Night  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Brightest Full Moon of 2010--Friday Night
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:01:17 pm »
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-wolf-moon,0,5014115.story

Be sure to go outside and look at it! Hope some good photographers get a picture!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Brightest Full Moon of 2010--Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:05:55 pm »
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-wolf-moon,0,5014115.story

Be sure to go outside and look at it! Hope some good photographers get a picture!  :)

Wow, what great timing, Shasta!  It's awful cold outside, but we just took a long walk so we could enjoy that bright moon.  It's gorgeous!   :D
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:11:49 pm »
Saw it this morning on the way in to work (dark and westbound) as it was setting close to the horizon. Unfortunately here in Northern Virginia it's pretty cloudy and will be until after it dumps several inches of snow on us through Sunday morning.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:17:28 pm »

Wow, what great timing, Shasta!  It's awful cold outside, but we just took a long walk so we could enjoy that bright moon.  It's gorgeous!   :D

I'd have to wear boots if I took a walk tonite. You are brave! It's 29º here and we've had snow all day. It stopped a bit, then started up again. I'm sure it's beautiful out with the big moon on the snow! I'm gonna go look soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 10:19:13 pm »
Saw it this morning on the way in to work (dark and westbound) as it was setting close to the horizon. Unfortunately here in Northern Virginia it's pretty cloudy and will be until after it dumps several inches of snow on us through Sunday morning.

Oh no! Did all of the snow that you got at the end of December even melt yet? That full moon will last a few days--maybe you can see it again after Sunday! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:03 pm »
Oh no! Did all of the snow that you got at the end of December even melt yet? That full moon will last a few days--maybe you can see it again after Sunday! :)

It did, mostly (though I was surprised to see a shady area where there was still a small snowpile). We're supposed to get 1-4" between 4 AM tomorrow and 4 AM Sunday. It would be especially to see a nearly full moon on snow, that's for sure!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:47 pm »
LOL. I just put on my boots and trudged out to start the car and check the mailbox. Couldn't see a thing. It's cloudy here, too. Maybe tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:35:42 pm »
It did, mostly (though I was surprised to see a shady area where there was still a small snowpile). We're supposed to get 1-4" between 4 AM tomorrow and 4 AM Sunday. It would be especially to see a nearly full moon on snow, that's for sure!

That's good. I'd hate for the new snow to pile up on that huge one that you had earlier! I think we have a good 4 or 5 inches tonite. It's really pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 10:50:54 pm »
I'd have to wear boots if I took a walk tonite. You are brave! It's 29º here and we've had snow all day. It stopped a bit, then started up again. I'm sure it's beautiful out with the big moon on the snow! I'm gonna go look soon.

29 degrees sounds downright balmy!  :laugh:  It's 5 degrees here  - but most of the snow we had melted with a brief warm snap we had last weekend and it's a crystall clear night.  Last year we had tons and tons of snow, but this year we've been lucky; the big storms have avoided us somehow!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:04:00 pm »
It's actually 25 here. I don't know why I put 29. But that is much better than 5! I wouldn't want to be caught out with a flat tire in either one. I just scraped some snow off my car and warmed it up. I was ready to get inside by then. Didn't wear a coat or gloves--just pants, sweatshirt, and boots. If I were going on the road, I'd layer!  ;D  What did you all wear on your walk? It's not so bad as long as the wind isn't blowing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~