Author Topic: Attention San Franciscans!  (Read 2247 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Attention San Franciscans!
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:01:29 pm »
:o  An incredible concert on Wednesday, Feb 17. This is a jazz violinist, a major national talent. Only $7.

Christian Howes in San Francisco at Coda on Feb 17

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 9:00pm

1710 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA

On Wednesday, February 17th, Howes will perform at Coda with Wil Blades and Scott Amendola. Show starts at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are $7.

An Associate Professor at Berklee College of Music, the 37-yr old violinist is also well-known as a music educator, especially in the niche area of jazz and improvising string players. “Violinists, cellists, and violists are starting to see that they can have original voices too, just like other instrumentalists common in popular music such as guitarists and saxophonists.”

He was invited to Santa Clara to provide master classes for the American String Teachers Association annual convention on February 18th and booked the show at CODA while in the area.

For tickets, call Coda at (416) 551-CODA (2632) or visit www.codalive.com

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Attention San Franciscans!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »
Cool!  I wonder if my daughter knows about this.  She saw one of her favorite violinists named Final Fantasy in SF last month, and is always looking for perfomances like this to attend.  Maria and her fiance play classical pieces (she plays violin and he plays cello) and have even begun to gig together.  Thanks for the info, Laura.  I'll pass it along.  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »
Thanks for letting people know about this, Laura....I will try to keep the name Christian Howes in mind when I'm checking out music in this area...you could put what I know about classical music into a thimble and have room left over  :) but I'm hoping I'm teachable.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:48:47 am »
I didn't know that about your daughter!

Christian is originally classically-trained, but is a touring jazz artist.  A total master, from what I understand.  

I'm sure he'll be coming to Boston, Lynne!  I've got some other stuff to recommend for there, too.   ;)