Author Topic: "Tourmaline" - The Book  (Read 32642 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
"Tourmaline" - The Book
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »

It's Happening!  The opening book of the Greenlea Tales, original title "Taking Chances" is now being published in e-book form - AND YES IN PRINT - in a limited edition, as "Tourmaline."  The print book is available by pre-order, first come, first served.

Here's the official Livejournal announcement:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/336517.html

to my two most loyal, devoted, and fanatical fans, I have reserved copies 2 and 3, and Marie, you are one of them, so whoever is first of the two can have copy #2, and the other gets copy #3.  I am deeply grateful and humbled by your continued fascination and ongoing comment, commentary and feedback, and while I can't just hand the book to you (money is very tight after my accident), the best I can do is give you the first and second publically available first edition of the first book in print!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: "Tourmaline" - The Book
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:33:56 pm »
Oh, wow! Congrats, Louise! And thank you! This is exciting! I'm on the run today, hardly a minute to spare (I haven't even had time to read the Ellery chapter carefully  :( but I skim!!) but I'll jump over to lj as soon as I get a chance!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:35:56 pm »
I can tell you must be horribly busy, Marie because you wouldn't SKIM Ellery!

HOLY COW!

More to come - and VERY VERY SOON! i.e. after my nap.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 02:36:46 am »
Wow, has it really been four years since you introduced us to Ellery? Time flies huh?

Congratulations Louise, this has been long overdue. I'm going to order one (the printed version). Did I read it correctly on your livejournal that a printed version comes with an e-book as well? I love reading stories on my e-reader but I wouldn't want to miss a printed version either.

Gosh, this will be the first book I own written by an author I've actually met. I'm looking forward to rereading!  :)

Well done Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:49:08 am »
Wow, has it really been four years since you introduced us to Ellery? Time flies huh?

Congratulations Louise, this has been long overdue. I'm going to order one (the printed version). Did I read it correctly on your livejournal that a printed version comes with an e-book as well? I love reading stories on my e-reader but I wouldn't want to miss a printed version either.

Gosh, this will be the first book I own written by an author I've actually met. I'm looking forward to rereading!  :)

Well done Louise.  :)

Yes you are correct, everyone who buys a book will get a free ebook in whatever format they desire - my publishing program has the capability to produce most all formats, and that will be available very shortly.

and you have the earlier versions as well!  You may be relieved to know that I have made minimal content revisions - only that which is necessary to distinguish it as a work that is not related to nor derived from Brokeback.  I agonized over whether to revise it for "general consumption" and hemmed and hawed for literally months over it, and after getting stern talkings-to by a mostly gay fan base I realized that I needed to stand by my first instinct.  I did shorten a lot of run-on sentences though!

And this is only the first ... as you know, there's a whole lot more books to go!
Many thanks, Fabienne... and if you have an interest in my other original book, " The Erotic Etudes" - that is also available on ebook and in printed form, and I still have copies of the first limited edition, because it has sold but not very briskly.

:)

some discussion of the book is here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10746.0.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »
SPOILERS

Yay! I'm all caught up and WOW, WOW, WOW! This is fantastic, Louise! So many threads going at once and they're all intertwining now and it has me totally hooked. I'd almost forgotten about poor (but maddening!) Wayne.  And poor Pam, I'm really worried for her.  I don't like that she's alone right now, but I don't think the nurse would've allowed her to enter with Colson.  And, of course, back at the station, Ellery's about to do ....something, whether it will help or not, I don't know.

And poor Nicky.  I want his Sweet Thing to be there to help him! But now I can't remember if Jeremy knows yet? Must go back and read again, lol!  Thanks, Louise - this story is just going gangbusters!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »
and just think, i've got nothing better to do than to write tomorrow!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 09:29:19 pm »
For anyone who was initially confused, the preorder page is now up and simplified with the book cover all done!

The final edits should be complete this next weekend and then the e-book will be delivered to anyone who has preordered it, and the print book should be printed and delivered by the end of April.

http://www.zebratta.com/Books/preorderpage.html

Please spread the word  - pimping myself is so unclassy...!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »
The book is done with the final final final edits!

And the PDF is available for mailing.  I will be contacting those who have purchased it to send them an advance ebook, and sending the books out.

If anyone would like an ebook you may order it at the Preorder link, and I'll be making another announcement.

It is - in PDF form, 402 pages.  YIKES!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 05:38:40 pm »
For those looking for a better order page, I have set up the print edition and it should be out by end of month, or a week or so later, depending on how fast I turn around the draft copy.  I got a bit derailed there by the whole losing my job thing.

http://www.zebratta.com/Books/preorderpage.html

The print edition will be 8 1/2 x 11" and 420 pages.  IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT.

Oh I guess you can!