Author Topic: Poll: How many viewings tomorrow?  (Read 7235 times)

dmmb_Mandy

Poll: How many viewings tomorrow?
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
So, how about it? How many viewings of BBM for y'all tomorrow?

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Poll: How many viewings tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 06:46:49 pm »
I've had a copy for awhile now so tomorrow will be one ceremonial viewing. Maybe I'll "rent" a big plasma screen from Costco for the occasion.

Heathen

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:32:05 pm »
I'm actually going to see it in theatres, cause I don't have enough to spend on the dvd this week, so one.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:41:46 pm »
I selected one, because I'm awaiting my DVD from Amazon, but I'll join you all in spirit by catching a viewing at the dollar show (where Tuesday actually is 50 cent day)!!!!!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:46:37 pm »
$.50 for Brokeback?! Now that's a bargain..I'm gonna be paying $4.50!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:09:01 pm »
sadly I don't think I'll have time to watch it tomorrow....  :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:13:01 pm »
I'll probably watch it once. I want to watch it on a large screen though and unfortunately, I don't have one. Damn it.

So, depending on if I can get some peace and solitude tomorrow night, I'll probably watch it in my living room (the biggest TV I have).

I don't have a copy yet so I am really excited for this...  ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:11:17 pm by bbm_stitchbuffyfan »
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 09:13:49 pm »
Hmmm, I just realized that I didn't put ZERO as an option there. I guess I just assumed we'd all be watching it at least once. lol. I understand Mandy M, that you're uber busy with school. These next few weeks are going to be utterly insane for me too. *sigh*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 09:16:14 pm »
I know, why did it have to come out the week I have 3 papers, my senior portfolio and my thesis due.... seriously, is my school trying to kill me?? I think they just might be... yet here I am on this computer once again not working on my paper... please everyone, just ignore me if I post so that I'll feel unloved and stop coming on here for the week!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 09:16:38 pm »
See, I may watch it in pieces.  I'll have a rewind and pause option now.  If it were tape I'd wear it out.  Thanks, little data pits, little zeroes and ones!  So I can't say a whole number.  Mmm, wonderful fractions.

By the way there's a ferocious thunderstorm just dying down now in my part of the world, and the exciting star of the evening was HAIL!  Big hail!  Not as big as Wyoming, but pretty impressive for the lowly eastern seaboard.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 09:23:34 pm »
henrypie - I'm gonna be pausing and rewatching many of the scenes as well.. *mmm, second tent scene*. Thunderstorm? Ooh, how exciting! I love listening to hail hitting the window.

Mandy M - Listen up, b*itch, I've had enough of your crap. Parading around here like you're all that. You think you're the coolest and best Mandy around here.... *snaps my fingers three times like a true drama diva*

:P

It's gonna be REAL hard to pry myself away as well. Remember, don't go insane, make sure you have lots of coffee/cappuccino & snacks, and take little breaks to ease your mind. Good luck with it all!!!!  :-*

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 09:31:44 pm »
$.50 for Brokeback?! Now that's a bargain..I'm gonna be paying $4.50!

It IS a bargain, *except* the cheap show brings out the worst in people.  Loud eating, constant chatter, laughter in the most inappropriate parts.  Some viewings there have been better than others. 

But I guess I'll take it before I'm relinquished to the small screen forever (which does have advantages like peace and quiet, the ability to rewind, and making the picture contrast brighter during dark tent scenes)!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 09:52:43 pm »
ROFLMFAO!!! Thanks Mandy, I sure felt the love in that post... :o

good luck with all your stuff in bizzaro world too... LOL

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 10:24:01 pm »
I'm actually going to see it in theatres, cause I don't have enough to spend on the dvd this week, so one.
I remember what that's like!  I feel like I wanna buy a copy and send it to you myself. ;D 

Seriously, I don't know you at all Brandon, and I hope I don't sound patronizing in any way.  You just seem like such a nice guy and so well liked around here.  If anyone should have the movie, it's you. 

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 05:20:17 am »
Well, no DVD here yet eitehr, so yes, I'll go and see it tonight (4/4/06) - to celebrate Heath's birthday.. (not that he will ever know!) and to see BBM for the 8th time! Can't wait!

[Juan = ditto! Brandon  :-*]

~ j U d E
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:30:00 am by JudeW »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 09:09:42 am »
Why is there no 0 for us poor folk who don't live in the US? *HUMPF* First we get the DVD 20 days after you guys and then we don't get included in the poll! I am outraged I tell you, OUTRAGED!  >:(

LOL
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 10:42:48 am »
I don't know that I'll watch the whole thing today, but like I have been doing, bits and pieces. The two tent scenes are together in scene 5, called "Forty Winks." This morning I watched scene 4 & 5, then skipped ahead to 16 (final confrontation by the lake). Then said, I gotta get t'work.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 08:06:48 pm »
I bought 2 dvds - one widescreen from Amazon and the full screen at Target. But I must make my one final ceremonial screening this Thursday night at the last showing on the big screen at my local theater...the very last theater it's showing in still...and I will probably never see it in glorious big screen again. (sigh)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 08:09:25 pm »
Hey Ringer, great to see you!   :-*

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 07:36:48 pm »
Hi Mandy! Thanks!
It took me awhile to find my way out from the trollls, but I did it! lol

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 07:39:51 pm »
There wasn't a zero choice - very optimistic of you!  But that is my answer.  Or maybe .05 is my answer, since I didwatch little bits of it.

vkm91941

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 06:19:38 am »
Jared and I watched in the afternoon after school becuase he was so excited and had waited so long to see it..Dad, Dave, NIck and I watched it after dinner, the Nick and I watched it again before bed and then I watched in on the computer twice in the wee hours when I couldn't sleep.....and then Dave and  I watched it and talked about it in the morning becuase he's suspended right now and grounded for life!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 01:38:37 pm »
Well i got it MOnday. Watched it thru and thru. 

Watched it Tuesday, with subtitles. Wanted to see when ENnis says "what r u duing"  It's on the subtitles, I still can't hear him say it and I have the tv at full blast. Well there are other lines which show up on subtitle, but I can't hear. I've got good ears.

Maybe I'll watch it again over the weekend. The tv experience isn't the same as a cinematic experience.  But I knew that would be the case.