Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120773 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2011, 05:18:33 pm »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/03/joseph_gordon-levitt_will_defi.html

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Will Definitely Appear in
Dark Knight Rises

By: Mike Vilensky
3/19/11 at 4:30 PM

As long-rumored, Joseph Gordon-Levitt will re-team with Inception  director Christopher Nolan for an unannounced role in Batman: Dark Knight RisesVariety reports. It's been speculated he'll play anyone from The Riddler to League of Shadows villain Deadshot. In any case, yay! Meanwhile, Juno Temple is in negotiations for a supporting role in Batman as "a street-smart Gotham girl." [Variety]
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2011, 05:26:19 am »
thats awesome, I am sure he will do a great job 

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2011, 07:43:47 pm »
http://www.slashfilm.com/joseph-gordonlevitt-alberto-falcone-the-dark-knight-rises/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Is Alberto Falcone
In ‘The Dark Knight Rises’

by Germain Lussier
Posted on Saturday, March 19th, 2011

The speculation is over and sometimes, rumors are true. Variety  is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is indeed playing Alberto Falcone, [son] of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) in Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises.  We knew that Gordon-Levitt was cast in the film in early February and we speculated that the role could be Falcone a few days after. Carmine Falcone was a major villain in Nolan’s 2005 film Batman Begins  and his son, Alberto, is believed to be [The] Holiday [Killer], the main villain in one of Nolan’s favorite and most referenced Batman stories: The Long Halloween.

Variety  exclusively reported the confirmation, thought Warner Brothers declined to comment. There’s no word on if Alberto will actually become Holiday like in The Long Halloween  or just be more of a general nuisance to Batman, like his father was. But when we reported this rumor a few months ago, many of you agreed that it fit in nicely with Nolan’s story, both because Holiday, if he’s one of the villains, is very realistic and also because it brings the story full circle.

The original rumor (which was nothing more than, now very poignant, fan conjecture at the time) was that Falcone comes back to Gotham to try and reclaim the city Batman helped take from his father. Also, it made sense because Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) believes Carmine Falcone is her father in the Batman/Catwoman storyline Catwoman: When in Rome.

So this adds another piece to the puzzle of The Dark Knight Rises,  scheduled for release on July 20, 2012. Confirmed characters include Catwoman, Bane and Alberto Falcone. How do you figure they all fit in? Will the League of Shadows  reappear? How influential will The Long Halloween,  once again, be? Do you think Gordon-Levitt is right for this role?

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »

The character [Alberto Falcone] will be portrayed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

click for:
Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Falcone

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiday_(comics)

Holiday or the Holiday Killer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(....)

Alberto Falcone

Although the youngest Falcone appears to meet his end on New Year's, Alberto Falcone turns up alive and well in September. After the murder of Sal Maroni, Falcone is captured by Batman and Jim Gordon and is sentenced to death for all the Holiday murders.

It becomes clear that Alberto faked his own death on New Year's Eve. A number of the killings after this point are to cover up that fact. Carmine Falcone's daughter Sofia tracks down the Gunsmith with intentions of finding out who Holiday is, but finds him dead. Dolan, the Coroner, is killed because he knows that Alberto is still alive. Carla Viti is killed as she searches through the police files on Holiday, possibly because of some clue to Alberto being alive is held within. Although the lack of a body cast early suspicion on Alberto, unused Tim Sale-drawn panels cut in early drafts showed Carmine Falcone weeping over a badly-decomposed corpse after New Year's. These pages were published, in penciled form only, in The Long Halloween' s hardcover edition.

Alberto's identity as Holiday becomes problematic when the first three attacks are considered. Johnny Viti was his cousin, albeit a traitorous one. The Irish were on Falcone's payroll, and Milos Grapa was Carmine Falcone's trusted bodyguard. There are many theories as to how or why Alberto committed these attacks, but since he has now expired, the truth may never be known. From Gilda Dent's confession, it can instead be taken that she committed all murders until New Year's. Post-New Year's, after Gilda ends her part in the murders (assuming that her husband, Harvey Dent, was continuing them), the killings generally benefit the Falcones: Sal Maroni's soldiers, guards, father (who had once attempted to kill Carmine Falcone, Alberto's father) are killed, along with finally Maroni himself.

Alberto's reasons for becoming Holiday are also the subject of debate. In the final issue, he claimed to have been lashing out against his father for never taking him seriously or including him in the family business. Alberto also seemed to be addicted to the dubious fame of being a wanted serial killer, as he appeared proud of his actions to the police in his confession. Also, one of the running themes of the story seemed to be the change in Gotham City from one plagued by mobsters to one ridden with "freaks" such as The Joker, Poison Ivy, and Two-Face.

During the follow-up, Dark Victory, after being released and placed under house arrest, a now-free Alberto was tormented by the voice of his father, which was actually the voice of the Calendar Man distorted by Scarecrow's fear toxin, under the orders of Two-Face. During this torment Calendar Man attempted to coerce Alberto into murdering his sister, Sofia Gigante, and toppling the Falcone crime organization. Alberto rejected the voices before he would shoot Sofia in the manner of a Holiday killing. Two-Face then attempted to use the voices and the corpse of Janice Porter to convince Alberto to commit suicide, which backfired and allowed Alberto to discover the deception. Calendar Man shot Alberto during the subsequent fight, becoming unable to prevent Sofia from smothering him to death. The character will be portrayed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2011, 12:00:59 pm »
from the Belfast Telegraph today
~~~
Gordon-Levitt to play Lincoln's son

Friday, 6 May 2011

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join Steven Spielberg's Lincoln.

The Inception actor is tipped to take on the role of Robert Todd Lincoln, the eldest son of former US President Abraham Lincoln, reported Deadline.

Tommy Lee Jones is also entering negotiations to play Republican leader and congressman Thaddeus Stevens, in a cast which already includes Daniel Day-Lewis as the 16th American leader and Sally Field playing his wife Mary Todd.

Based on the best-selling book, Team Of Rivals, by Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, the screenplay has been written by the Pulitzer Prize-winning and Oscar-nominated writer Tony Kushner.

Lincoln, which will be co-produced and directed by Steven Spielberg, will focus on the political collision of the President and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War.

Filming is expected to begin in Virginia in the autumn, for release in late 2012.

Joseph is set to reunite with Christopher Nolan for the filming The Dark Knight Rises this summer, while Tommy Lee will be seen in Captain America: First Avenger.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/gordonlevitt-to-play-lincolns-son-15152226.html#ixzz1LaXona6k
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2011, 04:13:10 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WswhbyXvJwU&feature[/youtube]

"Did I miss something?"

"Not really."

"Camping Out"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »

"Did I miss something?"

"Not really."

Nothing about that trailer appealed to me, except for JGL, Natalie Portman, and Rainn Wilson (who all do appeal to me).  Looks dreary.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2011, 06:30:41 pm »

Nothing about that trailer appealed to me, except for JGL, Natalie Portman, and Rainn Wilson (who all do appeal to me).  Looks dreary.

What about this one?For the cancer comedy 50/50;)

[youtube=425,350]
[/youtube]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2011, 03:07:53 am »

"Did I miss something?"

"Not really."

He he. ;D

I find the trailer intriguing, looks like a movie I would like. I have a thing for anarcho-types. :)
No start date for Germany yet :-\.

Sometimes I kind of wish he wouldn't look as much like Heath. In the above movie poster, I easily could have taken him for Heath (at least in this small size of the pic, as I saw it first) - it's a strange feeling.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2011, 02:49:17 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u-dGX9DQXAs[/youtube]
:) 8)

"Camping Out"