Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 119487 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2011, 10:40:31 am »
You're welcome!  :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2011, 11:16:02 am »

Re the Major Tom vid:
 :laugh: Just the other day I talked with John about the 80ies in another thread. They were a crime, outfit-wise. :laugh:

::) ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2011, 04:57:54 pm »

I never knew there was an English version of Major Tom, or that anyone outside of Germany actually knew the song! Shocked

I really disliked NDW* when it happened, and still dislike it today. But Major Tom was one of the few songs from it I did like.

I always associated this song with the movie, 2001 A Space Odyssey.  If I remember
right.  I also always thought of it as David Bowies song.

Quote from: Penthesilea on Today at 09:44:46 am
Re the Major Tom vid:
  Just the other day I talked with John about the 80ies in another thread. They were a crime, outfit-wise.

Those horrid lifted shoulder pads women wore then.  Uggg   I am glad I
never wore those awful things.  I never liked them.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2011, 05:05:38 pm »

This is an entirely different version of Major Tom.  The one I know, is slow and
mournful.  Ground control to Major Tom..

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2011, 05:20:34 pm »

Here is a project of JGL.  He started it, and then incorporated it.  It is
open to anyone that cares to join.  It is a place where people can go to create
any kind of project in the arts.  Start a project, leave it for others to finish.  Or
do a complete one on your own.  Check it out..

hitrecord.org/

http://hitrecord.org/

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:50 am »
Saw it tonight! It was pretty good. My favorite person in it was Seth Rogen. He probably doesn't have a huge acting range, but he's always so natural and likable and funny playing the character he always plays.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »
For you, John.... your own kinder egg!! Your three favorites in one gift.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dmrsBteyrd0[/youtube]

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2011, 05:14:03 pm »

For you, John.... your own kinder egg!! Your three favorites in one gift.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dmrsBteyrd0[/youtube]

Lovely, Sophia!!

:D :D :D

http://www.facebook.com/Metaphorest

Hello lovely page-likers! Mad exciting update time! On Monday, at the HitRECord Fall Formal in L.A., a song I co-wrote 'Telephone' was performed by the incredible Sia, my French song 'Le Petit Soldat' was sung by HitRECord director Joseph Gordon-Levitt himself (along with the amazing Anne Hathaway and a fellow hitRECorder) and a poem I wrote was read by Gary Oldman! The attached video shows Sia's performance followed by Gary Oldman's reading. (For new folk seeing this please do scroll down to see my original songs and videos too!) Thank you all! xx

http://hitrecord.org/users/Metaphorest
http://hitrecord.org/records/69735
http://hitrecord.org/records/70057

A song I wrote for Lawrie's film; Empire - apologies for the dodgy French and dodgier pronunciation - eek it was my first time writing in French see - forgive me? Anyway! I would be soooo happy if someone could put some music behind my vocals - pretty please!!

Le Petit Soldat

Je vois ton petit visage
Dans les nuages, dans le vent
Dans mes larmes
Quand ils tombent constamment

C’est dommage, petit fils
Que tu est mort dans la vie
Sans espoir et plein de maladie

Tu as vu petit soldat
Tante tristesse et douleur
La misère dans les yeux
Brises mon coeur

C’est ma faut t’es perdu
Dans un monde d’inconnu
Tu as crie mais personne n’intendu

Rétournez a moi
J t’attendrais toujour
Rétournez a moi
N’ayez pas jamais peur

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2011, 11:45:39 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/joseph-gordon-levitt-occupy-wall-street_n_1096457.html

Joseph Gordon-Levitt On Occupy Wall Street,
Filming The Protests & The Web

By Jordan Zakarin
[email protected]
First Posted: 11/16/11 08:52 AM ET
Updated: 11/16/11 08:58 AM ET

When the massive production caravan hauling "The Dark Knight Rises" descended upon lower Manhattan last month, there was speculation that the Batman epic's director, Christopher Nolan, would work to somehow incorporate the Occupy Wall Street protesters into his film. And while that didn't quite come to pass, one of the movie's stars decided to take a camera down to Zuccotti Park and explore the scene on his own.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's timing couldn't have been any better.

As it turned out, the 30-year old star found himself Tuesday in the thick of the volatile struggle between protestors and the New York Police Department, which raided the park earlier in the morning and cleaned out the nearly-two-month-old makeshift tent city. Gordon-Levitt ended up shooting about three hours worth of footage at the scene, he told The Huffington Post Tuesday night at the premiere of "50/50" co-star Bryce Dallas Howard's new short film. Despite the fevered pitch at the protest sites, he was very encouraged by what he saw.

"I had a lot of long conversations with all sorts of people -- kids, older people, some cops -- I talked to some people who look really rebellious, I talked to some people who were wearing a suit," the star said. "I talked to all sorts of people and everyone's just feeling really positive and optimistic. They look around and they see people who are on the same page, and they're not going to just sit around and say, 'Oh, there's nothing I can do,' and it's reassuring, it's exciting."

He said he was moved in particular by the call and response public address system dubbed the people's mic by protesters. It was "beautiful to see," he said.

It's no surprise that the makeshift open platform appeals to Gordon-Levitt, who runs an online collaborative production company, HitRecord. Just getting the message out, he said, was a major improvement over his last round of First Amendment-flexing pavement pounding.

"You know, when I was like, in college say, I remember when in 2003, when the United States started bombing Iraq, and we marched in protest, and no one gave a fuck man. No one paid attention; no one wanted to talk about it," he remembered, growing animated. "Now, for various reasons, I guess because partially things have gotten so bad and I think partially because of the Occupy movement, it's become a topic of conversation and people are willing to talk about it."

Also posted in Current Events thread, Occupy Wall Street:
Demonstrations in Cities Across the World inspired by OWS and '15 October'
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,49423.msg622478/topicseen.html#msg622478

"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2011, 11:00:27 am »
from Belfast Telegraph today:

Levitt: directors wouldn't hire me

Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in new comedy 50/50

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has revealed he struggled to make it big in films.  The 50/50 star had his break in acting aged 15 in TV comedy Third Rock From The Sun and has since starred in hit films (500) Days of Summer, Inception and the upcoming Batman film. But he told The Guardian there was a time when he only got offered TV roles.

Joseph said: "For a while, after [Third Rock From The Sun] no one wanted to hire me to do anything but a TV show, and I didn't really want to do that again.

"I'm grateful to a few filmmakers who took a chance on me, like Gregg Araki, who made Mysterious Skin, or Rian Johnson, who made Brick. These are guys who were able to see that I could play these other roles. I really owe them all my subsequent opportunities."

The 30-year-old actor added: "I'm sure luck has a lot to do with it, I wouldn't deny that."

When he was 19, Joseph enrolled at Columbia University, but then dropped out to further pursue his acting career.

He revealed he learned French "pretty well" while he was still studying, confessing he wanted to be able to speak to French girls.

He joked: "I suffer from Francophilia. I think that's partly from movies and partly... French girls are just really sexy to me."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/levitt-directors-wouldnt-hire-me-16084077.html#ixzz1f0mw82WP
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...