Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120805 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:37 pm »
Hesher has already charmed me.   Sometime in my life I must have known a guy like Hesher.  :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 11:07:38 am »
from Perez Hilton website yesterday:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Brother, Dan, Passes Away
Filed under: R.I.P. > Sad Sad

This is truly devastating news.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's brother, Dan, has passed away.

The actor posted the following message on hitRECord, his new media project's website:

BURNING dAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as "the creative spirit." He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more. He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission. That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while.

Watching this community blossom into what it has become never ceased to amaze him and me. We would regularly marvel at it and high five. Thank you all for that. There he is now pouring heaping hollowed watermelons full of love over each and every one of us.

So let's celebrate him, he's fucking awesome:

See you real soon,
thanks again…
<3

There's no news yet on what happened, but he was actively using his Twitter account until Sunday night.

So sad.

Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones during this unbelievably difficult time.

R.I.P., Dan.

Read More: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton http://perezhilton.com/#ixzz11afPWkwM
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2010, 12:51:08 pm »
I was so sorry to hear this - it must be devastating.   (((((((Joseph))))))
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2010, 03:09:04 pm »
oh, that's horrible... poor Joseph. I remember, not a long ago he talked about his beloved brother, in such a lovin way, which made a great impact on me. I was amazed by his love for his brother.

And can't imagine what a person goes throw in these times, I am so so sorry, Joseph.  :'( :-*

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 03:20:10 pm »
Dan and Joe:

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2010, 03:28:25 pm »

A quotation from Dan about his brother Joe: 

"It's wonderful to be mistaken for him. He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favorite person in the world even if I wasn't lucky enough to know him as my brother," Dan said. "He's just awesome in every way that I pay attention to."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2010, 11:38:36 pm »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20432153,00.html

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Brother
Dies at Age 36

By Michelle Ward
Wednesday October 06, 2010 02:00 PM EDT

Inception  star Joseph Gordon-Levitt calls his older brother "my super hero," a free spirit with the nickname "Burning Dan" who "embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as 'the creative spirit.'"

On Tuesday, Gordon-Levitt took to his Twitter page and Web site to announce the death of Dan Gordon-Levitt, 36, and celebrate the life of the fire-spinning artist and flow arts teacher at Flow Temple Arts School in Venice Beach, Calif.

He was found unresponsive in his Hollywood home in the early morning hours of Monday, according to the LA County Coroner. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The cause of death was unknown and an autopsy was pending.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:41 pm »

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/joseph-gordon-levitts-brother-dead-21476

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Brother,
'Burning Dan,' Dies

By Brent Lang & Hunter Walker
Published: October 05, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

(Update, Wednesday, 2:45 p.m.:   A police source tells RadarOnline that Dan Gordon-Levitt died of a drug overdose. A spokesperson for the L.A. County Coroner's office did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment).

Joseph Gordon-Levitt posted multiple announcements Tuesday evening indicating that his brother Dan has passed away.

The two brothers were partners in the multimedia website HitRECord.org, a community where artists and filmmakers to post their work and are connected with potential commercial productions.

The Gordon-Levitt brothers promoted the site at the Sundance Film Festival in January.

Dan Gordon-Levitt, known as "Burning Dan" for his involvement in the annual Burning Man festival in Nevada, was an active photographer and fire dancer. He founded the Flow Temple, a school and performance group for Flow Arts that was based in Venice. He was 36.

In his biography on the Flow Temple site, he described himself as "one of only 28 world-wide leaders of official Burning Man Fire Conclave troupes." And in a recent interview with PopEater, he called Flow Arts "a combination of performance art and dance and meditation and yoga and sort of self-transformation."

Born in 1974, he shared an uncanny resemblance to his more famous brother.

“It's wonderful to be mistaken for him," he once told PopEater. "He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favorite person in the world even if I wasn't lucky enough to know him as my brother.”

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who starred in the recent films "Inception" and "500 Days of Summer" announced the death of his brother on Twitter.

"My super hero brother @burningdan 1974-2010," he wrote.

He also posted an announcement about the death of his brother on the HitRECord website:

“BURNING dAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as "the creative spirit." He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more. He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission. That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt wrote on the HitRECord site.

No cause of death was given, and representatives for Gordon-Levitt did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s requests for comment.

Watch a video of one of Dan Gordon-Levitt's performances:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb2RMPFW5C0&feature[/youtube]

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2010, 09:17:29 am »
What a shame. My heart goes out to him.  :'(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2010, 10:57:07 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear this sad news.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...