Author Topic: Rob's Ranch for Raconteurs  (Read 173001 times)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
Re: Rob's Ranch for Raconteurs
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2013, 08:39:44 am »

Why, thank ye both very kindly.  :)

I'm going to do some posting in here on Fridays, as that's now a regular day at home.
In between cutting grass, and weekend shopping, and gardening, of course. I'm practicing for retirement, and sort of easing into it for a year or so. Don't want to jump straight in to all that extra work people find to do when they retire.
The garden has expanded quite a bit, but there always seems to be a blank space, somewhere, that needs some veggies or flowers or whatever.
A friend with a green thumb has helped and put in a lot of work at weekends.
It has been very wet, here, in the past week or so, but we really needed it after a long dry spell and some nasty bushfires not far away.
Green thumb friend is moving house, soon, and won't be able to visit, so I might have to hire a helper, again. Wonder if I could pay in vegetables?  :-\ (no, just kidding).

Oh well, time for bed. Last day of the week in the boiler room, tomorrow.

Cheers.

Offline underdown

• aka... Rob
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2013, 08:54:59 am »

Oh, and I guess I'll have to fill in the missing history, Lee.
It's been a long time.
Haven't been there; mostly here. (Or is that mostly there and not here ?)  ;D

And I was supposed to be going to bed.
CYa.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »
Good to know you'll be back on a regular basis!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline underdown

• aka... Rob
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2013, 09:48:42 am »

Of course. But probably not always on Sunday night after midnight.
What a weekend. Friday and Saturday were a wash-out (literally), 'tho I wasn't afraid to go outside in the storms.
It was actually more scary in the house, which rattled and shook a few times from the thunder. Felt more like an earthquake.
The poor garden, after most things just survived the long hot spell, had half dried up plants looking like the remaining greenery was turning brown from foot-rot !
Oh well, it's all a blessing. The rainwater tanks are almost full again, ready for summer, and the fire fighting volunteers are having a well earned break.
Friend came to visit and helped out with things, and did most of the cooking. I'll probably miss that when I'm back to toast and Vegemite, on weekends.