Author Topic: Yellowstone / Grand Tetons  (Read 5671 times)

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Yellowstone / Grand Tetons
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:23:41 pm »
My partner and I were in Wyoming last week... I don't think Jack or Ennis ever made it up to Yellowstone... but it made me think of them, just the same... here are a few pictures...

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Yellowstone / Grand Tetons
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:29:07 pm »
A few more...

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:31:42 pm »
... this could have been the grandson of the bear that Ennis had the encounter with...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:29:20 pm »
What lovely photos, tforster! Thanks for posting them. I love Yellowstone. Looks like you had a great time.

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:33:57 pm »
Thanks for posting that passage... yes, I would think the Bridger-Tetons would be the same range (just south of Yellowstone)... and we did drive over to Cody thru the Absarokas.... and we went to visit the Gros Ventre landslide (pic attached)... so we trodded the same ground as Ennis & Jack and I did not even know it!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:30:36 am »
I am meeting up with Brokie friend Buffymon from Sweden next week in West Yellowstone to see Yellowstone Park and Old Faithful, this is exciting!  
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:42 am »
That's great - I know y'all will have a wonderful time. If you get near Cody, Wyoming be sure to visit the Buffalo Bill Museum, it is extraordinary... it's not just about Buffalo Bill but all about the west... also, the town of Jackson is cool. Be sure to take a good rain jacket and a warm jacket at the higher elevations. Have fun!   ~ Tom

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:40:46 am »
Beautiful photos - relaxing to look at.  :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 11:40:21 am »
waow that a amazing pictures, I just love them. thank you for sharing! I am sure you had a amazing tim., and I am bit surprised that the weather look very cold and rainy, in june. But who cares about the weather when you visit such a beutiful place, can´t wait to get there myself.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 12:10:02 pm »
Wonderful photos! I love the bear and the buffalo calf!  :D

Imagine having the Tetons as the backdrop every time you went to the outhouse?  ;D ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 01:02:43 pm »
That's great - I know y'all will have a wonderful time. If you get near Cody, Wyoming be sure to visit the Buffalo Bill Museum, it is extraordinary... it's not just about Buffalo Bill but all about the west... also, the town of Jackson is cool. Be sure to take a good rain jacket and a warm jacket at the higher elevations. Have fun!   ~ Tom

oh no problem there, Tom!  I've been in Idaho Falls for the entire spring and I KNOW how chilly it is here - the weather never lets up, and they are already calling it "The Year with No Summer." 
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 01:32:17 pm »

We visited the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody on Roundup two years ago. It was very nice. I especially enjoyed the gallery of Western art.

And don't forget to visit the Irma Hotel.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 02:57:55 pm »
Gorgeous photos!!

Some of them bear a certain resemblance to Alberta -- can't be a coincidence....   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 03:13:21 pm »
We visited the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody on Roundup two years ago. It was very nice. I especially enjoyed the gallery of Western art.

And don't forget to visit the Irma Hotel.  :D

Yep.

Tom, your pictures are beautiful and bring equally beautiful memories to me. Thank you. :)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:58 pm »
Went backpacking for about a month for two summers years ago.  I too have great memories and great pics of the region.  Staggeringly beautiful country up there.  Refreshingly cool summers.

But ain't hardly nobody live up there.  It was like 400 miles and about a dozen squished field mice between Stucky's

Our trailhead was Dubois, WY, just like in BBM.  ;D

And yes, we southerners were calling it "Doo Bwah" until the locals corrected our pronounciation to "Doo boyz".

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 07:58:30 pm »
Here's a "Pica" ... do you suppose it inspired that Japanese "Picachu" character from some years back?